2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Fun car - does NOT like the co

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Fun car - does NOT like the cold!
By Kevin on

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have to say I really do enjoy driving this car. Regardless of how slow it is, the feeling is very solid and really lets you feel the road. Brakes are a little weak (Civics have always had pretty weak brakes). Very small trunk space, but manageable. If you live in a very cold area (i.e. single digits and below), expect to see extremely low MPG numbers. I live in Chicago, and around town it averages about 30 MPG when it's 30-40 degrees, and when the weather drops to single digits and below, the mpg plummets to mid 20s. Highway isn't much better - when the engine is fully warmed up, cruise control on the highway at 65, I get about 35 MPG (again only in cold weather). Very disappointing.

Favorite Features

Interior design is absolutely gorgeous. The steering wheel controls have to be my favorite feature - very solid feeling, simple and easy to use. Maintenance minder system is great - no worries about counting down mileage until your next oil change.

Suggested Improvements

Traction control would be an excellent feature. Improve gas mileage in cold weather. Interior door panels could use a bit more padding - at certain frequencies my speakers cause annoying vibrations (no I don't listen to loud music either).