2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: fuel efficient fun

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

fuel efficient fun
By Matt on

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased SI about one month ago and I still get excited when I get to drive it. Simply a blast to drive. I came from a Nissan altima 3.5SL which was sneaky fast in a straight line but handled horribly. This car handles awesomely with only slightly less performance. This is without the summer tires. I live near St. Louis and we usually see at least some snow so opted for the all seasons. Best of all I can drive the heck out of it and get 28 mpg (yes I use the vtec). That is the lowest I have gotten since owned usually getting 29 mpg. Granted it is premium fuel, but I usually got 25 mpg with less aggressive driving in the altima. Excellent fit and finish.

6-speed tranny is buttery smooth, helical limited slip, handles like on rails (can take off ramps at insane speeds), AUX input for Ipod, very safe automobile(my insurance actually went down)important as I have a nine month old.

More HP and TQ is always nice, standard XM or Sirius, offer leather over the lint attracting microfiber. Needs thicker paint I already have two rock chips down to primer.