2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Forget the LX/EX, get the Si!

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Si Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual w/Summer Tires)

Forget the LX/EX, get the Si!
By Dave M. on

2008 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Let me start by saying I currently also own an '07 civic coupe ex. Also owned an '07 civic hybrid. Traded in the hybrid for the Si after 9 months of driving boredom. Had a modified 350hp awd car prior, and thought I was over the performance bug. Well, the Si is quick enough to satisfy your desires for speed, without giving you much more than that. It's now the cheapest of the viable sport compact offerings, yet yields the best MPG, and lowest sticker price. Handling is also great and significantly better than the ex. The ex was just as much better than the civic hybrid. I put on lightweight wheels and tires and got noticeable improvement in acceleration. City/Hwy MPG has been around 25/30.

Favorite Features

VTEC, handling, MPG, looks. This is a great looking car. Sound system is adequate, and unless you're a rap music junkie, the audio should suffice. Car has steepest raked windshield of any production car @ 19 degrees. So what? Means bugs just bounce off the windshield without leaving a mark! =)

Suggested Improvements

I'm 5'9 and 150lbs. Seats have a little too much extra room in them for me. Power is good, but would like Vtec to engage at lower RPM to aid passing maneuvers on freeway. Hondata reflash addresses this by changing VTEC to 4500RPM from 5800RPM. That way, 6th- 4th downshifts at 65-70mph put you in VTEC