2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Fantastic Car

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Fantastic Car
By Pete on

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I came to the Civic from a '99 Caddy STS. While it isn't as comfortable as the Caddy and lacks the 300hp engine, It still boasts some very impressive features. For instance, I typically get about 30-35 mpg city and about 40-45 mpg highway. The car is very fun to drive (I love the manual transmission). The ride is pretty smooth. I'm a pretty big guy (6'1, 280 lbs) and I fit just fine. There's plenty of legroom (I don't even put the seat all the way back!). However, I wouldn't recommend the coupe to anyone planning to move 4 adults. The back seat is way to small for most adults. My 17 lb dog seems pretty comfortable back there, but I can't imagine any more substantial creature would be.

There's plenty of extra room in the spare tire compartment for jumper cables, etc. Meaning the large trunk is free for whatever I want to put in there! It performs well enough and gets great gas mileage. It's comfortable, even for a larger person.

They should include real-time FE information. I ended up getting a ScanGauge II. The windshield wiper controls are as simple as they come. I wish they had more options.