2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Fantastic Car

2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Review

Fantastic Car
By Pete on

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I came to the Civic from a '99 Caddy STS. While it isn't as comfortable as the Caddy and lacks the 300hp engine, It still boasts some very impressive features. For instance, I typically get about 30-35 mpg city and about 40-45 mpg highway. The car is very fun to drive (I love the manual transmission). The ride is pretty smooth. I'm a pretty big guy (6'1, 280 lbs) and I fit just fine. There's plenty of legroom (I don't even put the seat all the way back!). However, I wouldn't recommend the coupe to anyone planning to move 4 adults. The back seat is way to small for most adults. My 17 lb dog seems pretty comfortable back there, but I can't imagine any more substantial creature would be.

Favorite Features

There's plenty of extra room in the spare tire compartment for jumper cables, etc. Meaning the large trunk is free for whatever I want to put in there! It performs well enough and gets great gas mileage. It's comfortable, even for a larger person.

Suggested Improvements

They should include real-time FE information. I ended up getting a ScanGauge II. The windshield wiper controls are as simple as they come. I wish they had more options.