Civic Hybrid - Awesome MPG!
By Brien on
2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I bought my Civic Hybrid about two months ago and have put over 5000 miles on it already. I live out in the country and do a lot of highway miles but also work in the city. For my last 150 miles (which was almost all highway) I got ~57 mpg. Over all for the ~5200 miles I've driven, I'm getting 48 mpg! I've had no issues at all and the Civic has enough pep for getting on the highway, or climbing hills. The mileage started (during the first few weeks) around 43-44 mpg, but has continued to improve. As a driver with a hybrid, you can become more concerned with mpg than mph. I've learned to drive slower to enhance my gas mileage.
Favorite Features
MPG. I like the large digital speedometer and active mpg gauge. All cars should give this kind of good feedback in real time on your mileage. I like the fact that unlike the Prius, most people wouldn't know I was driving a hybrid unless they see the little hybrid sign on the back.
Suggested Improvements
I like leather and sunroofs (used to drive an Audi), but I think since this car is all about economy, its fine as is.