2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Buy this car!

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic w/Navigation)

Buy this car!
By Victoria on

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Pledged to my very green children to do the right thing (as opposed to buying the Infiniti M35 I really wanted) when, in December 07 I made my every-10-year new auto purchase, I vacillated between the Prius and Honda Civic. The Prius was satisfying, but the Honda was fun, and I wanted fun. Now, almost 5000 later, I am so very happy with my Honda Hybrid. I drive 82 miles roundtrip to work, 99% of which is on state highways that are over rolling hills and traversing three tiny towns. In this car, I'm getting 44 mpg and putting out very few emissions. My kids are happy and so am I.

Responsive steering, wide-spanning headlights and the mirror lights, dashboard controls with voice command, and the navigation system.

Seats are just not very comfortable; they are stiff. The ride is somewhat rough, so suspensions could be improved substantially. Also, Honda would do well to make leather seats an available option on the hybrid rather than just uninspired cloth seats.