2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: All Around Winner!

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Si Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

All Around Winner!
By Dave on

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car now for 1 month and 1300 miles, and I'm loving it. You won't find a better combination of acceleration, handling, looks, reliability, and practicality at the 20k price point. I always look forward to driving it. For a 2.0 L 4cyl with only a rated 139 lb-ft of torque, the pull even from low rpm in any of the first 4 gears is surprisingly strong. Wind it out to 7-8k rpm and you feel like your driving a F1 race car! This car is every bit as quick and much more nimble than the V6 '02 Maxima it replaced. I've experienced 28-29 mpg thus far, which I feel is plenty decent given the performance this car delivers. I'd recommend it to anyone!

Shifter, engine, exhaust sound, acceleration, handling. Makes me feel like a teenager again every time I drive it!!

The 350 W stereo is decent, but needs more capability to boost the subwoofer volume on songs with a weak bass level. Factory tint on all windows would be nice, the all black interior builds up a lot of heat when parked all day in the sun.