Used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great MPG
By francious

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have almost 40,000 miles on this ride. I sold a Mercedes C car because I drive so many miles and was only getting 26 MPG. I routinely get 38.9 mpg, never going below 36 and attaining 41.6 mpg on one trip. A larger tank would be great as I have to fill up every third day. I have had no problems with the engine, drive train, body, or trim. My only disappointment has been the drivers seat which has a one inch tear along a seam. It is very comfortable on good roads, a little less so on bumpy roads. At less than 20 grand for a fully optioned fuel sipper, it is a better deal than one of the hybrids.

It looks great and has usable luggage space and easily folded rear seat backs.

Trailer hitches are available but not trailer light kits. Go figure?

Love my little DoodleBug
By LL

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This was a great purchase. It gets 35 mpg in the winter and 40+ in the summer. There is plenty of room inside and it is a ball to drive. Lots of pickup for passing and it corners like a go-kart. Oddly enough, many people don't recognize it as a Honda, they think it's a little exotic of some sort. I'm glad I bought before $4.00 comes back to stay...just fill it up and drive all week.

Body style, ride, economy, interior layout/color, quality, but mostly the freedom I get from the 40 mpg. The car also tells you when it needs service saving the owner dollars.

The clock is too hard to set.

All Around Great Car!!!
By Zero Gravity

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Fuel economy is great. The car gets about 33-35mpg in spirited driving and can do up to 42mpg if driven economically. I would prefer a manual transmission but the automatic performs very well for a commuter car. I always use 87-octane gas, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and a K&N reusable air filter in the stock intake. I have a sub in the trunk and heavier speakers upfront that probably cancel out the mpg gains from the oil/filter. Worth it to me. Undoubtedly the carís aerodynamic car- forward design contributes to its fuel economy as well, but the thick pillars front and rear cause large blind spots making lane changes a bit more risky than Iíd like.

Happy So Far
By Peter

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used and have put a few thousand miles on it so far. Gas mileage is great in and out of town. EX trim is very nice and I get many compliments. Accelerates and handles exceptionally well. Interior is fairly nice, but dials for climate and audio feel cheap. Long trips get a little uncomfortable, but I bought it as a commuter car, so I knew what I was getting. No major problems yet and looking forward to having this car a long time.

Inner and outer styling, gas mileage, handling, audio system. The speedometer is easily my favorite.

Please place e-brake handle on right side of shifter (like a Mazda), refine control area on dash. A larger overhang for clock/audio screen, it catches a lot of glare when the moonroof is open. Foglights on EX trim.

Civic coupe manual
By Leon

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had my LX coupe 5sp manual for a year now, 0 problems, it's comfortable, pretty stiff though, but I like it. I do about 30 MPG and all of them are in the city, and very short drives. No real space in the back, kids will do fine. Front is very spacious, I'm 6'4" and it's fine, drives well, second gear sometimes won't go in.

Manual gearbox. Dashboard is awesome.

Better seats, leather. More power.

• SUV