2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
You get more than you pay for
By euphoric on 06/24/08 18:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Good looking, comfortable, efficient solution to the urban driving problem.

I love this car
By Jaye on 06/20/08 18:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am a Honda person. My previous car was a 1993 Honda Accord, so it has been 15 years since I bought a new car. This is my fourth Honda. This 2008 Civic is about the same size as my Accord, only slightly shorter. I considered another Accord, but the 2008 was larger than I wanted. This car is perfect for me. I love everything about it. It is fun to drive. 2008 is the first year Honda has offered leather interior in the Civic, which I am happy about. I must admit that I found the 4-dr. too boring for me, but the 2-dr. coupe is sporty looking. I am extremely happy with this car.

Wish I had bought one sooner
By Scott on 06/15/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The coupe is a fantastic vehicle. On the first tank of gas I got 7.5 more mpg than my previous car. The ride is extremely comfortable, it rides like a car that costs much more. Having the controls on the steering wheel is an added bonus of the EX that I enjoy. I don't have to take my eyes off the road or my hands off the wheel to change the volume or station.

Nice car but eats rear tires.
By Bart on 06/10/08 06:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I like the new Civic. It is comfortable and gets great milage. The only time I drive this car is to go to work, "87 miles each way". I keep close track of mileage and I see 37.4 to 38.25 MPG highway. I only have 2 issues with the car. The left rear tire cups or wears unevenly. Dealer said its not the cars fault. Had to replace it at 15,500 miles. I thought Honda fixed this problem already. The 2006 and 2007 civics including hybrids had rear suspension control arms that built wrong. No recall but they will replace them if you take it back. The only other issue is the LX radio sounds kind of tinny.

Run, don't walk
By Mark on 06/09/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Get this automobile soon as possible. I recently received mine and I'm absolutely thrilled! I never write reviews for anything but this car is very impressive. Fuel economy is an important part of the story, but just getting more for your money in every way is the overall benefit. My Taffeta white coupe just keeps me staring at it when parked!! Do your due diligence with similar models, you will come back to this Honda for sure as I did.

Awesome Car!
By Chad on 06/09/08 18:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had the car for a couple weeks but this car rocks. It has gotten great gas mileage so far, first tank 32 mpg, second tank 35 mpg, and third tank 37 mpg. The car accelerates great. I love the way it drives. It looks really sharp. I have got lots of compliments on how cool the car looks. I also love how the speedometer and gas gage are built way up so you can look at them while driving. What a great car.

Excellent Choice
By ZTA114 on 06/09/08 00:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased the civic two weeks ago, switching from a 1997 Honda Accord EX. I always found my Accord to be very reliable and well equipped, but at first I looked at companies outside of Honda including Ford, Volvo, Toyota, Scion, and Mazda. After test-driving these other vehicles, I realized how much more quality there is in Hondas. I have enjoyed every minute of my new civic, especially the gas mileage. Being that my Accord was an older model, gas mileage was average and I can really feel the difference. Even with gas at a high, it only costs me less than $45 to fill up. Love the speedometer. It was definitely hard to get used to at first, but can't live without it now.

What a Car, Beep, Beep
By Gregnice23 on 06/07/08 14:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am so happy that I purchased this wonder of silver. The gas mileage is awesome. The interior is beautiful. I looked at Corolla(to tight), Sentra (ugly build) Mazda3 (doesn't compare in gas nor reliability). Civic was the overall winner. Very impressed with something new everyday. Awesome Stereo. Driving Dynamics are great. The two tiered visual is futuristic and cool. Can't say enough great things about the gas. The leather for the first time really adds to the value and overall enjoyment of this car. I am glad Honda cares about their cars. Has all the amenities one can ask for. Steering wheel radio control and sunroof all for around 20K. Cant beat it. Thanks Civic

Should have bought one sooner
By 5forfighting on 06/04/08 13:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the LX 2-door to replace my wife's 20K-miles-per-year Explorer. I honestly thought we'd never buy a NEW car again but we did the math and with the cost of fuel this thing darn near pays for itself as a replacement for the low-MPG Explorer. We had Hondas before having children and now that we're "near-empty-nesters" don't need the SUV so much. After a few tankfuls we've averaged 32.7 mpg in COMBINED city/hwy driving!!! The 2-door seems roomier every time we drive it. My hockey gear didn't eat up much trunk space and hockey sticks have plenty of room with the fold-down rear seatback. It is a BLAST to drive, in traffic or on the highway. Might be more fun with a manual tranny.

Awesome
By Rich on 06/03/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car 600 miles ago. The ride is a little tight but smooth. It handles great. The seats are a perfect fit. I'm 6' and I fit very well in this car. I am a first time buyer, but its the 4th car I've had. I had an old 93' civic and they changed up a lot on this vehicle. 300 miles to a tank isn't bad.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Civic Coupe in VA is:

$130 per month*