Used 2008 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Si

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

very nice
By the woodster

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navigation, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love my new Civic because you can chill with it and get great gas mileage or you can give it hell and still get pretty good gas mileage, and it is fun to hit the gas. The interior design is tight esp. With the navi. Overall great car.

Favorite Features

all i have to say is V-TEC

Suggested Improvements

have no suggestions at the moment because i have not had the car long

2008 Civic Si
By Indianajim

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have a recently purchased Civic Si Sedan and hav a little over five hundred miles on it. Overall it's a great little car that's practical. It seats my wife and I plus our two small kids well, with room to spare in tthe trunk. I handles great especially with the summer tires. My only couple of beefs with the car is the first 5 minutes of warm up, It wants to buck in first or second gears until it warms up. It just annoying, you would have thought Honda could have reprogrammed the ECM to fix this. I've heard from other message boards this was due to something emissions rated, whatever it is very annoying. My other beef is the auto door locking function.

Favorite Features

High revving motor, can drive like a bat outta hell if you want or you can save gas and drive live a normal civic. I also like the cloth interior. Very supportive seats up front, plenty of space in the back to haul kids to ball games, etc. The best part is that it get close to 30 mpg on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the ecm so that the rough start disappear. Change the autolock function to unlock the doors if the car is stopped with the brake on so people wouldn't half to shut off the car to get the doors to unlock automatically. I would ditch the daytime running lights &put hID lamps in as well as fog lights

Nice Car for the $$$
By SteelersFan

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Getting rid of my Tacoma due to gas prices was hard. Best truck made. As sad as it is to say , you can't go wrong with a Honda or Toyota and with gas prices soaring, the Civic is much better looking than the Corolla. Yes, they both make cars with better gas mileage, but you still have to like what you drive. That's why I chose the Civic Si. I've only owned it for about a week, but the engineering is second to none. Some of the interior parts are a little cheap, but what do you want for $21,500? Great car if you're looking for fuel economy and still want some performance. Just know: you have to use premium fuel, so that negates some of your fuel savings.

Favorite Features

Detail in engineering, multitude of standard features (this car comes with a lot!). The amount of engine performance coupled with decent fuel economy. Factory undercoating. Extremely fun to drive and looks great (at least to me).

Suggested Improvements

Better plastic in the interior (prone to scratches), offer automatic transmission option, offer options for color of interior (black only)

Complete Disappointment
By Chris

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have been wanting a Civic Si since before I can remember. Now that I have one, I wish I could return it. It feels like a Cadillac with 2 doors and a 4 cylinder engine. That is, it doesn't feel fast, the suspension is terrible, it never feels comfortable, and I just can't find a good seat position. The cabin feels claustrophobic and cramped and I am not a large person (5'5"). If I could return it, I would. I don't think I'll be keeping this car much longer and will take my losses. I'll give 6 months max. Completely disappointed. Depressed and dissatisfied. I'll probably never get myself to buy another Honda again.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Interior design (seats, seat belt), suspension, power, seat belt placement on the 2-door coupe.

What a car
By Brody

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just purchased this car a week ago, so obviously this is not a long term perspective review. I drove just about everything out there before buying this great car. This car is pretty well thought out. Roomy, quick, great feel and handling, peppy enough to get the job done. I am a 40 yo and it makes me feel like I'm a kid inside when I drive it; yet its very practical for our family of 4. I have owned a plethora of vehicles; my 04 mustang SVT is the only vehicle I have ever had that is so much fun to drive. It makes you want to drive it; how often do you say that about a car. Honda needs to refine a couple things, but overall, this is a great car. Thoroughly impressed.

Favorite Features

Feel, ride, handling, rev, stereo, seats (feel), look, layout, 0-90, and the roominess. I was very surprised at the head and leg room for a small car. bottom line for me at $21,100 I got a lot of car for todays market prices. Mazda 3 was a little quicker; but didn't leave the same feel at all.

Suggested Improvements

Lint on seats is terrible. Could use driving lights ( if nothing more than looks). Factory tint on all windows; there is a lot of glass in this car. More power of course, but I say that about my 430 HP Cobra.