2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Look no further
By Eric on 07/20/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We now own 2 Civics. I am getting 36 mpg combined city and highway Love everything about the car except the hollow sound when shutting the doors. The navi is great and the sound system cranks. Would definitely buy again if given the chance. People looking for a great car at a great price, look no further. I get comments all the time from people that like the shape and interior design.

Be Careful of Manufactures defects
By bob on 07/12/08 17:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I know Honda is a great car, however, I am now on my 3rd replacement of the drives side door panel. There are blemishes and white spots along with over-spray on the bottom of the rear bumper panel. I have 3200 miles on the car and so far I have no complaints as far as any performance issues. I suggest when you buy any car to go over it with a very good eye. The dealership promises you the world before you purchase it as any car salesman would do to get your money. It's a great car however, look over it closely before you buy it for nicks and an body discrepancies.

Great Car
By Samezmom on 07/11/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I like this car. It is my 5th Honda. I previously had a prelude. My only issue with the civic is that is doesn't ride as smooth as my prelude. It is a little higher up, so doesn't hug the road as well. All in all I am happy with the car, its very sporty looking.

Wish I Bought One Sooner!
By Ming on 07/11/08 06:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving Ford SUVs for over 20 years and with the crazy fuel prices I decided to go back to driving a car. After getting in the driver's seat, I wish I had made my decision to buy sooner! Once seated, you feel like you're in a sports car, the seat fits just right and the tilt/telescopic steering wheel adjusts perfectly! On the road the Civic is responsive and is very nimble in its handling. Having the audio and cruise controls on the wheel is great, everything is at hand and in sight. Speaking of sight, the instrument panel is in plain view, nothing is obstructed. My combined MPG is 34 and climbing. IMO Honda has done an outstanding job w/ quality and ergonomics. GREAT JOB HONDA!!

Civic Horror Story
By Ladyluck1 on 07/04/08 06:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I thought this was my dream car. Traded in a 2001 Nissan Altima. (Miss it) I bought this car on Monday and it's been in the shop since Wednesday. Car broke down on my way to work, once I got it started again, engine light came on, took it to dealership and they couldn't duplicate problem. Broke down again the next day, on my way to work, car still in shop. They state it won't be fixed until Monday or Tuesday, have to install a a whole new assembly? Refuse to give me money back, no offer of another car to made good on bad Civic. First new car in 20 years and thought Honda was the best. The exterior is awesome, love the dash. Can't comment on mpg, haven't drove it or had it long enough to know

Nice car...
By matt_landers on 07/03/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Having owned a 2006 Honda Civic LX and traded that to an Accord with gas prices going nowhere but up I decided to go back to the Civic but with the upgraded EX version. Im glad I did. The little differences... wiper variable speed, sunroof trunk release on the key fob and 350 watt sound system and some other minor differences have me enjoying this car more enjoyable than the 1st time. If any problems happen develop.. I'll be sure to write back but almost a month into my ownership, I'm happy.

Civic Confidence
By Honda Man on 07/01/08 15:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Civic I have 4500 miles on it.No problems. Getting 36 to 38 MPG .

Best civic yet
By doug on 06/28/08 18:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my fourth civic in 15 years, all of which were 300k mile plus cars and never a major repair. It is hard to believe the workmanship and performance of this generation civic for the price. I drive an average of 250 miles a day and get 40 mpg highway at 65mph. This is the same mpg as my 98 civic dx but with 35 extra hp. My LX handling is better than ever, even compared to older Si models.

Just a work car
By Mike on 06/26/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this coupe(A/T LX) for my drive to work (130 miles round trip ). I'm always running late and drive an average of close to 80-90 mph in the morning and around 75 on the way home. Checked my mileage this evening for the first time and found it to be slightly above 30 mpg. I had to learn to not overdrive the steering wheel, because this thing changes direction quickly. I love it.

Perfect economic car
By Edwin on 06/26/08 16:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

It is a nice economic package the DX trim and it performs as an EX in a complete driving experience. The wheels are very nice, and its sporty look and the inches factory lowered give it something extra.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.