2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Okay car, needs work to make fun to own
By ExcuseI! on 04/05/10 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car used at a steal (fuel prices had come down and people had already migrated away from fuel efficient cars). Took it on a trip from VA to JAX and averaged 39.5mpg (!). However, the hills of CA and shorter commutes drop the mileage down to 20-25 mpg. For the (lack of) performance from the car I would expect better. My 2005 V6 Tacoma crew cab auto gets 17-20 mpg around town and has much better power. The ride is very loud and I feel the interior material quality isn't as good as my wife's old 1996 Civic (gone). There are scratches on the hard plastics in 1 year that weren't there on the 10 year old Civic. However, it has many features for what we paid, but Civic needs a refresh.

Love It ^_^
By jdmforever on 04/04/10 21:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is an amazing car. I bought it used, but in great shape. It's got lots of power, especially after 6,000 rpm. =] The interior is great, the seats feel amazing, and the six-speed is wonderful. It has great fuel mileage, considering the type of car it is. This car is surprisingly big on the inside, which is nice. The Si Sedan is the best car out there for the money, and it's a Honda, so it'll run forever!

Good on gas
By Ms.Jones on 04/01/10 08:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Drives well, no serious mechanical issues even though it was a salvage, One issues have been the damage done before I bought it when it was stolen. The rear shock is leaking, thinking about having the gear box looked at changing gears isnt as fluid as when I first bought it.

Best car owned so far
By my08hondacivic on 03/30/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2008 Honda Civic brand new two years ago. I have owned two Toyota Corollas before and I pick the Civic over those two. I haven't had any trouble with it, so far. This Civic requires minimal maintenance and I save alot more with my Civic than I did with my previous cars. It is a small car but very spacious and comfortable for both driver and passengers. Mileage is ok considering I drive street for the most part. I have made minor changes to both interior and exterior but for looks only. I highly recommend this car.

Good Car
By SMART GUY on 03/26/10 18:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2008 LX new in Aug 07. has 45,000 miles on it and all I've done is oil changes, 2 air filters, and 1 trans fluid change. Tires will probably need to be replaced at 50k for the first time. I've absolutely no problems with the car at all! Only knocks is the speakers rattle the door panels easily even when volume is fairly low and I can't believe this little car cost over 17k new. This car should be no more than 15k. Other than that minor issue I have nothing but praise for this car. My overall MPG for combined city/highway driving is 34 MPG. I do have the manual trans.

Nice car
By MicroBlitz on 03/22/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Loved this car. This is the 3rd Civic Hybrid we've owned. Drives nice and easy to park. Great gas mileage. The best combined (Hwy/City) mileage I got, by checking a tankful of gas manually was 63.2 mpg driving in warm Florida weather on mostly flat roads. The worst combined (Hwy/City) mileage I got, by checking a tankful of gas manually was 43.5 mpg driving in cold Michigan weather on semi-hilly roads. Things I didn't like about the Civic were: (1)The wearing of the door seal from rubbing against it when getting in and out of the car, (2) Small trunk, (3) Small gas tank. (4) Seats too low. (5) The lack of color choices.

Solid, could be more comfortable and fun
By climber on 03/19/10 17:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is a good compromise. Seating is acceptable, braking and handling are sound, and the engine is peppy. Auto transmission uses more gas around town than manual, a bit disappointing (26 mpg average) but is great and smart-shifting on the highway (40+ mpg). Main complaint is the lack of toe room on the passenger side, front seat. Adult male feet do not fit, so you have to sit with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor. Toe room is lacking in rear seat. Road noise is annoying on some road surfaces, drowns out radio. Ride is OK, but bottoms against snubbers on sharp bumps such as when crossing bridges. Handling is good but somehow not sporty. Braking is excellent, a bit sensitive.

You will not get your money worth
By Not happy on 03/16/10 12:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I had to buy new tires after 20 K miles. Honda puts cheap tires on the vehicle (less thread) to get better gas mileage. Also, you will be very disappointed in the mileage. Very poor mileage in the winter.

Why I hate Honda Junk
By IhateHondajunk on 03/11/10 14:14 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a 2006 and had an issue with the control arms. I purchased three sets of tires for the car in less than 36k miles. I took it to the dealer several times at my expense and they ignored my complaints telling me at one point it was all in my head. I did not think too much of it until I traded the car in for a 2008 and low and behold the same problem except now the driver side window would fall out and the electrical system was shorted. The window was an easy fix. They replaced the bracket and window but the hitch was that they had sold me the vehicle with tint. They claimed that Honda did not recommend that customers put tint on thief windows yet the dealership sold it to me that w

Love it
By Skie on 03/11/10 13:05 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my civic with 15k miles on it and have put almost 30k in one year of ownership. I love the gas mileage I get from it because I drive to school every day and work on weekends neither of which are near my home. This car is by far my favorite out of all of the cars I have ever known and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.