2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Car
By Todd on 06/12/09 08:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was shocked on a highway trip to get 41mpg on the highway... far better than the 26 I used to get with my last car, a BMW. I am a tall person, 6'2'' and easily fit in the car. I love the sporty styling and well appointed ergonomics. This car has great visibility due to the huge windshield. You will ride very low to the ground... but I'm sure that has something to do with reducing drag.

I love this car!
By britt on 05/31/09 00:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car has been wonderful. It is very fun to drive and feels sporty. It passes very well on the freeway too. I was hit by a semi truck 3 months after getting it on I-5 on ice. He ripped off the whole right side. I was amazed how well the car handled during the crash and afterwords. I managed on ice w/o chains to not crash into the left wall. I think this is an amazing car and is perfect for family, or a young person like me for safety and sport. It gets fantastic mpg to. I recommend it to anyone.

Fun all around
By gile on 05/30/09 15:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for 8 months now and I love it. I never had a fun car that I didn't have to pour gas in. I love the fact you can be lazy and ask yourself "should I stop and get gas today?" lol. The fact that oil changes are not needed until 5000 miles blew me away. The dash is fun and it has lots of contour lines for chrome. The hpp 17" aluminum rims are a nice touch. I have heard many good things about Honda and they are all true. I wish I never spent so much on Chevy's and Fords in the past.

Good choice
By RichK on 05/30/09 10:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I commute 160 miles round trip to work every day and have 48,000 miles on this one year old LX 4 door. Reliability has been great. I have gotten up to 42 miles per gallon on the interstate and it's not a hybrid. Cruise control is used and speed is usually around 70 mph. Visibility is good. The car is a 'quiet rider'. Passing power is adequate but there are some strange transmission noises which I'm told is normal. The OEM Goodyear Eagle tires are not wearing well, 40,000 mile are getting noisy and not holding up too well and will be replaced. Overall the car is great and looks good too.

Not all happily ever after....
By Laura on 05/28/09 22:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I commute 120 miles a day, so gas mileage was of paramount importance. I have always owned Hondas and loved them-except for this one. The passenger/driver sun visors have broken 3 times. The paint is blistering and peeling off the bumpers. The windshield is VERY long, prone to cracking and the sun visor will take up what little cargo space there is. The rear child tethers are so close to the seat, you cannot use them. I was informed today the brakes need replacing every 20-25,000 miles since all the 2008 have a new brake system to eliminate braking noise that results in 1/2 the usual brake life. I'd rather have the noise...and a different car. $300 every 8 months is pricey.

Fun car, but...
By Robert on 05/15/09 17:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Not exactly the low-cost of ownership vehicle advertised. I just had to replace brake pads @ 9,900 miles to the tune of $270 out of pocket. I've owned many new cars in my lifetime and never replaced pads under 10k miles. This was a disappointing experience, so I have written a letter to American Honda. There are other similar complaint visible on the web. Honda needs to make improvements to the brake pad materials. Other than this, the car is comfortable, fun to drive and fuel efficient.

Will Never Go Back
By HondaOwner on 05/13/09 12:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my 2008 Honda Civic for a year now and I will never go back to any other brand of car. It looks great, it's comfortable, it's reliable, it's cost efficient and very fun to drive (especially if you're in a hurry...but please drive safely)!

Best Car EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Jake C on 04/25/09 14:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Forget the nay say! This car ROCKS!!! My Mom bought it for me as a gift when she found out she was terminal :-( I went from a 95 Taurus with 200K and rust up the doors to a 2008 Civic w only 12K! I love driving this car! Only complaint seems to be the gas mileage, way better than the American junk Taurus was, but not as good as my old Honda CRX. The stereo sounds best with really heavy metal like Slayer or WASP or Satyricon. On the highway this thing cruises with LOW ROAD NOISE despite others complaints, I don't get the "road noise" complaint maybe it's cuz compared to my old heap this car is a Rolls Royce! Honda makes superior cars and I will drive this car for years. Thanx Mom! I love you!

Won't buy anything else
By Crystal on 04/25/09 00:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car - from the large digital speedometer that is easily in view, to the voice-activated navigation system, to the PC card input that allows me to play MP3s saved to the card on my computer... it is just awesome. I get excellent gas mileage, which I track very specifically (because I drive the car for work and am reimbursed for gas). I frequently get better MPG than advertised (29 hwy).

Best working car
By ausome working car on 04/23/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is one of a kind I got mine when I turned 16 and I'm still loving it. I have not once had a problem with it whatsoever. It's real quiet too when you're driving unlike other loud cars. The gas by the way is amazing - I cut a lot of money off spending for gas because this car does a good job on it. Also if you like to work on cars for shows this civic is the ultimate car to do it to. I installed subs, neons, lambo doors, suicide seats, interior neon, and put things on the motor for speed. It is a great car to work on.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Civic Sedan in NJ is:

$184 per month*