2008 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Changed Thinking
By Steve C. on 05/23/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Extremely happy with my Honda! Traded in a Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe. Loved that car...love this car! I'm 6'4- very comfortable on long and short hops! Figured out how to drive efficiently from various hybrid websites. 48.7 overall mpg and have slowed way down! Right lane fun!

Civic Hybrid - Elegant & Thrifty
By Tom from Plano TX on 05/21/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

Having driven both, and now owning the Civic for a few weeks, I think the Civic Hybrid beats the Prius in roominess, handling and performance, with no penalty in gas mileage. This is a stylish, comfortable car that requires no sacrifice and pays dividends at the gas pump, and to the environment. This car replaced a 2005 CR-V, which I loved, but my gasoline consumption is down 50%. Way to go Honda!

great car
By mikesing13 on 05/13/08 13:12 PM (PDT)

This car is great on gas and with the leather interior added it is very nice inside and out.

Sweet machine
By Jennifer Nightingale on 05/10/08 09:56 AM (PDT)

Great handling, nice design style, great mileage (actually getting what the sticker indicated) and lastly, excellent dealer service (our fifth purchase from this dealer).

Pleasantly surprised
By S Borden on 05/09/08 12:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I chose this car because dealers were gouging on the Prius. I have been very pleasantly surprised. My mileage has been 48 highway and 43 city-- better than expected. Road noise and stereo have not been issues and both are superior when compared to my 2005 Escape Hybrid -- and the Civic is a lot more fun to drive. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Just what I was looking for
By 50MPG on 05/02/08 07:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great highway cruiser - if you travel long distances, this is a great way to get there cheaply. 43 mpg on the 1st fill-up, I expect more when it breaks in completely. Rented a Prius (got 44 mpg with it) and shopped one as well - the Civic stickers for less, Honda is dealing on the sticker price, and you still get $1050 in cash back from the Feds - what's not to like? The Prius is a nice car, this is less expensive and equally as nice. I like the "normal" Civic look as opposed to the unique design of the Prius. The Prius has a bit more room inside, and I like the fold down back seats and rear space. The Honda can carry 850 lbs (pass + cargo) the Prius 800 lbs.

Good commuter car
By tango on 04/22/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very good if have a commuter drive open driving with a few stops but not interstate. Doesn't like 60 MPH+ but 55 and lower does well and gets great gas mileage as long as you drive conservatively. If you try and drive like it was the performance car you traded in you will be disappointed in mileage.

Great Vehicle
By JS on 04/14/08 04:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fun to drive and surprisingly comfortable for a small car. Great quality and nice features. Very appealing exterior design by Honda. Excellent investment during these tough times of rising gas prices. Tough decision after test driving both the Prius and Honda and ended up purchasing the Honda.

Great car at great price
By Dave Painchaud on 04/13/08 20:56 PM (PDT)

After researching all hybrids I narrowed it down to the Prius and the Honda Civic. I settled on the Civic because it's a better looking car. I love the car and get about 40 mpg all around. I purchased a new Civic hybrid with navigation for $22,101 including destination charge. It was $24,350 out the door. Apparently that is about $1,000 under invoice. Use the Costco discount and go to the internet mgr. I'm completely satisfied.

Think twice
By Linda on 04/04/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am already making plans to get rid of this car. Think twice before buying if your 5'4" or under. I have adjusted this car nonstop since I got it and can't find a comfortable fit. The head rest juts out into the seating area so if you're short, your head hits it nonstop. I finally pulled the headrest off. Now its comfortable but I don't feel safe. This is my fourth Honda Civic and the only one I wouldn't recommend.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid in NJ is:

$197 per month*