2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Lovely, cute
By Baltz K on 09/12/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I talked my wife into getting a 4 door Civic for convenience, as she is hauling two grand children. (She was driving an 01 Sunfire GT). We went to the dealer to test drive it. But then, she spotted the 2 door. It was all over. Convenience no longer mattered. She loves it! "It is hugging me" she feels. The salesman also pointed out that it has the big 350W stereo (4 door EX models only have 140W). That was it! Final!

Great car
By Nat on 09/10/08 10:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't fit in the Corolla. I am 6'1" and I fit in the Civic coupe. My right leg does rest against the hand brake, but I can live with that. MPG on combined driving has been 35.2 and on more highway driving has been 38.9 with only 1800 miles on the car! Handles great and plenty of power. Ride is a little stiff, but the car is so fun to drive. In 90 degree heat the air conditioning has been great.

Still the ONE.
By Matt Landers on 09/06/08 19:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

With 5,500 miles on this car in a little over 2 months. No complaints. Gas mileage for mixed driving is around 30 MPG. Not too bad. Exclusive HWY driving yields between 37-40 MPG. Even better. Overall a good car and thus far would recommend this model to a friend. I'll write back in a few months with more updates.

Impressed
By marnie on 08/11/08 15:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was absolutely amazed with the quality of my 2008 honda civic ex-l navi! Its fun to drive, it has GREAT fuel economy and its just a well designed vehicle. The navigation with voice commands is so advanced and easy to use! I would recommend this vehicle to ANY and EVERY interested car buyer, and friend of mine! Take a look at it, its reasonably priced and worth every penny!

Great Car
By Adam on 07/29/08 19:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car. There is nothing to it. Great gas mileage, comfortable, nice interior and exterior, and I love the features, especially the navigation system. Although the windshield wipers don't work well dry, the only other complaint I have is the lack of heated seats.

Honda Civic EX-L Auto w/ Navi
By Adam on 07/28/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car. I am 17 and bought my first car. The two tier dashboard is convenient and the navigation is relatively good. The trunk size is generous given its coupe body structure. Of course the main point is the mpg rating. Even before having broken it in I get a combined 41 mpg (with A/C on the entire time), even though I do a little more highway than city. In addition the seats are comfortable in the back and in the front, even for me (I'm 5'11"). I love the styling, and the air conditioning is good. I even got cold in like 91 degree weather. I shall also admit the windshield wipers to be cool. I haven't found anything bad about this car yet so if anyone does I would like to know.

2008 LX noisy and cramped
By b on 07/25/08 18:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

2dr lx is way too cramped inside. The parking brake handle runs my knee cap raw. I'm 5'9' 170 lbs, a average sized person and I cannot find a comfortable seating position in this car. My legs are very cramped and my arms barely reach the radio controls once I get the proper leg position. The automobile was obliviously designed for smaller stature people. Car is extremely noisy on highway trips. The radio volume must be elevated to drown out the tire noise at highway speeds. Evidently Honda did not invest in soundproofing. Many blind spots, cannot see the front or rear end of the car when attempting to park. My ADVISE Buy a Toyota Corolla

Awesome Vehicle
By Linda256 on 07/25/08 09:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I drove a Maxima SE until it was totaled in a crash. I went smaller due to gas mileage. Looked at & considered Scion tC & Subaru Impreza & Accord Coupe. The Civic won on looks, trim level & handling. I definitely made the right decision. I fill up once every other week & absolutely love driving it. There's a couple of blind spots, but once you get used to them, they are not a problem. Stereo system is awesome. This car has exceeded my expectations, especially going from a V6 to a small 4 cyl. I plain old have "fun" driving it. I added the auto-dimming mirror w/compass (dealer installed).

Easy Manual Car
By valerie on 07/22/08 21:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The manual transmission on this is easy and fun to drive. Great gas mileage, and comes with a lot of features for an LX. The only thing I'm not used to having from the accord is the remote trunk release and volume controls. Other than that, I'm pleased with the 08 civic coupe. Rides smooth, and has a nice dash design.

Honda Rules
By Honda Guy on 07/21/08 14:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 20 something Honda since 1977. I have had Hondas that I have driven 200,000 miles and no Honda has ever given me a major mechanical issue. If you follow the factory recommended service they will run a very long time. I have enjoyed every Honda that I have owned. This car is stylish and fun to drive. I'm 5" 11" and weigh about 220 lbs. I'm not a small guy and the car is extremely comfortable. I like the design of the instrument cluster. I don't have to lower my eyes from the road to know my speed. The EX comes with a whole lot of accessories and gadgets that you would expect on a $30,000 or more car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.