2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Love this car
By alyson on 06/30/10 18:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this 2008 Honda EX for my daughter used and I have to say that I am very happy with it. It rides nice, great fuel economy and is really fun to drive. It has fantastic pick-up for a 4 cyl. vehicle. The only 2 complaints I have are that the seats could be a bit more comfortable and the factory radio sounds very "tinny" and we will replace that. I'm hoping she gets many good and reliable years of driving out of it!

Rear Axle Defect?
By circ99 on 06/22/10 10:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought 2008 Civic new. Rear tires have a camber alignment issue. Dealers have said designed that was. Burns up tires unless you rotate at every service. Just filed safety complaint with ntsb. Bought car for daughter, who knows nothing about tires. Unsafe. I don't need tires blowing out. Honda USA ignored my request, but I did find a dealer who will fix it for a price $$. Wow. Purchased Honda care warranty. They don't want to touch this issue either. Beware beware if you are going to buy, check out the rear wheels !

First [and Last] Civic
By LadyM on 06/17/10 20:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Civic new in the summer of 2008 and within three weeks it was leaking power steering fluid. IIRC, the dealership had to replace the power steering rack. A major repair before 1K is not a good omen. Within a few months, the car developed a starting problem. I've been to the dealer 4 times for that particular concern. They replaced the starter motor and the other three times they found nothing wrong. It still will not start sometimes. When idling, the AC starts to blow lukewarm air, even when it's on the coldest setting. Again, dealership couldn't find a problem. The suspension is noisy and the interior plastic scratches very, very easily. I won't buy a Honda again.

Practical, Safe, would recommend.
By JLK on 06/17/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new and didn't realize it already had paint chips on the rear bumper but the dealership fixed that. I would not buy the two door again; we have no kids but even getting the dogs in and out and groceries, it's just not convenient. Overall I would buy another one but the 4 door. I did have the manual so it got better mpg avg'd about 35 mostly highway. City driving dropped significantly to 26. VERY SAFE. I was t-boned by a Jeep grand Cherokee who was going 50 mph and came out with just whiplash and and a stitched toe from the clutch. I would definitely recommend to anyone in search of reliability, safety, and gas mileage. Not too fun to drive but practical.

My first new honda
By blondelulu on 06/03/10 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my honda for 2 years. I enjoy my Honda, love the gas mileage. I have had problems with my car not starting on the first try more than once. Also have had problems with my clutch making popping sounds while driving. Had it fixed and not a week and a half later it started popping again. The paneling in the back window rattles when listening to music. Very cheap plastic. The factory tires that came on the car were bridge-stone, they were horrible. They became lumpy and made the car vibrate going down the road. Other than that i love my car its fun to drive.

Favorite Car
By civicacct on 05/12/10 15:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my 2008 Honda Civic EX-L. I have had several cars - VW, Acura, Pontiac - and the Civic is the best car I have owned. It's fun to drive, it's plenty peppy and it's comfortable. The price is great for the quality of the vehicle.

Love love my car
By rpkb99 on 04/29/10 19:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this care and I would most definitely by another Honda. I have a 2 door coupe and have 2 kids they fit in comfortable. I love the options it came with. I really love this car.

Nothing to write home about
By Markl on 04/29/10 16:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third civic and I don't think it stands up with the others. The clutch/accelerator syncro makes it unstable to pull out on hills and the car has not had even acceleration since the day I bought it. I keep hoping that maybe it will get better.

Best Civic Ever!
By Chance on 04/27/10 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Definitely, the best car I have ever owned. No complaints here-nothing but accolades! This model is much larger with a lot more style than the usual civic.

Don't buy unless driving highway & alone
By JP on 04/09/10 10:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The is my third Honda Civic and second Hybrid. I had previously a 2006. This car give good gas mileage on the open road but average 32 mpg in town. It has very uncomfortable seats and feels terrible when in-laws are in the back seat. Personally, I think Honda cut corners on their suspension (rear). I thought it was my 2006 but the 2008 performs exactly the same. Wish I had not risked the same buy a second time. On a positive note, it looks great and does consistently provide at least 40 mpg even at 70 mph.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.