2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 7

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Perfect everyday car
By mrl on 07/09/10 06:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Borrowing Bill Belichick's favorite phrase 'it is what it is'. And what it is is an superb getting around town, going to work, day trip kink of car. And given the tremendous gas mileage, I wouldn't even mind taking it cross country. I average 40 mpg on the highway with my standard transmission! Comfortwise, it is a lot bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. Very comfortable front seats, good leg room in the back for a smaller car. If performance is paramount for you the Mazda 3 may be a better choice, otherwise this is the car you want.

By MsT on 07/06/10 11:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

When driving with the rear windows down the wind vibration noise is so loud it hurts your ears, about once a week my send has lowered itself into the lowest position (the lever is in a bad place and you bump it getting into the car). The roof padding is so thin when it rains you have to turn your sound system WAY up to hear it. The rear window collects water in the center when it rains and making seeing out of your rear view mirror nearly impossible!

This is a Great Car
By msturg29 on 07/06/10 07:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this car specifically for my 80 mile a day commute. It has yet to let me down. I average about 41 mpg year round with the mileage increasing in the summer and decreasing in the cold Minnesota winters. As for performance, I knew this wasnít a speed racer and didnít expect it to be. It speeds up well for a very small 4 cylinder and keeps me going just fine. The interior has a great design for the speedometer, easily readable in all lighting conditions. The arm rest slides forward for short people like me. The car is small, but I manage to get a car seat and a 100 lb dog to fit comfortably. With the reliability of Honda, overall I love this car.

Love this car
By alyson on 06/30/10 18:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this 2008 Honda EX for my daughter used and I have to say that I am very happy with it. It rides nice, great fuel economy and is really fun to drive. It has fantastic pick-up for a 4 cyl. vehicle. The only 2 complaints I have are that the seats could be a bit more comfortable and the factory radio sounds very "tinny" and we will replace that. I'm hoping she gets many good and reliable years of driving out of it!

Rear Axle Defect?
By circ99 on 06/22/10 10:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought 2008 Civic new. Rear tires have a camber alignment issue. Dealers have said designed that was. Burns up tires unless you rotate at every service. Just filed safety complaint with ntsb. Bought car for daughter, who knows nothing about tires. Unsafe. I don't need tires blowing out. Honda USA ignored my request, but I did find a dealer who will fix it for a price $$. Wow. Purchased Honda care warranty. They don't want to touch this issue either. Beware beware if you are going to buy, check out the rear wheels !

First [and Last] Civic
By LadyM on 06/17/10 20:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Civic new in the summer of 2008 and within three weeks it was leaking power steering fluid. IIRC, the dealership had to replace the power steering rack. A major repair before 1K is not a good omen. Within a few months, the car developed a starting problem. I've been to the dealer 4 times for that particular concern. They replaced the starter motor and the other three times they found nothing wrong. It still will not start sometimes. When idling, the AC starts to blow lukewarm air, even when it's on the coldest setting. Again, dealership couldn't find a problem. The suspension is noisy and the interior plastic scratches very, very easily. I won't buy a Honda again.

Practical, Safe, would recommend.
By JLK on 06/17/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new and didn't realize it already had paint chips on the rear bumper but the dealership fixed that. I would not buy the two door again; we have no kids but even getting the dogs in and out and groceries, it's just not convenient. Overall I would buy another one but the 4 door. I did have the manual so it got better mpg avg'd about 35 mostly highway. City driving dropped significantly to 26. VERY SAFE. I was t-boned by a Jeep grand Cherokee who was going 50 mph and came out with just whiplash and and a stitched toe from the clutch. I would definitely recommend to anyone in search of reliability, safety, and gas mileage. Not too fun to drive but practical.

My first new honda
By blondelulu on 06/03/10 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my honda for 2 years. I enjoy my Honda, love the gas mileage. I have had problems with my car not starting on the first try more than once. Also have had problems with my clutch making popping sounds while driving. Had it fixed and not a week and a half later it started popping again. The paneling in the back window rattles when listening to music. Very cheap plastic. The factory tires that came on the car were bridge-stone, they were horrible. They became lumpy and made the car vibrate going down the road. Other than that i love my car its fun to drive.

Favorite Car
By civicacct on 05/12/10 15:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my 2008 Honda Civic EX-L. I have had several cars - VW, Acura, Pontiac - and the Civic is the best car I have owned. It's fun to drive, it's plenty peppy and it's comfortable. The price is great for the quality of the vehicle.

Love love my car
By rpkb99 on 04/29/10 19:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this care and I would most definitely by another Honda. I have a 2 door coupe and have 2 kids they fit in comfortable. I love the options it came with. I really love this car.