2008 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
What a great car...
By MplsDriver on 03/17/08 00:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the kind of car you look forward to driving every day. I'm at about 400 miles now and look forward to every time I can get onto a curvy road. Daily driving around town is just fine, but I just calculated my miles/gallon (city) and it came in at 19.38? I'm hoping this will get better once the engine is broken in. My only other complaint would be the seat comfort. I have a herniated lower disk in my back and the shape of the seat is kind of harsh on my back...once again I'm hoping this gets better as the car breaks in. Other than that, this car is awesome! I was also considering a 2005 Lexus IS 300 w/ 27K miles (for the same price), but the Si just seemed like a better choice.

A Blast to Drive
By dustin on 03/11/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

For the money this is hands down the best car I could have chose. Everyone I have drove in this car has been impressed with its get up and go as well as its handling. No one can believe that it is a Civic. I wanted something that was economical but sporty. Originally I was going to purchase the coupe but after seeing the sedan I had to choose it. The sedan does not lose any performance to the coupe yet makes it easier to get things in and out of the back seat. I am more than pleased with my choice.

Wow, Si vs Ex...what a difference!
By civicracer32 on 03/05/08 22:38 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned a Civic EX 2007 model for 10k miles now, and just traded in another 07 Civic hybrid for the Si. Wow. This thing is like a whole different car than the EX. The car surges forward with throttle input where the EX has a delay and doesn't seem to have near the torque. The Si actually feels quicker than it is. The handling difference between the Si and Ex is even more pronounced. It sticks like glue and feels very "planted" throughout the corners. I absoultely love this car and recommend anyone who is looking at an EX to at least drive one of these if your budget will allow you to take a small jump in price to be able to buy one of these.

Very Well Rounded Car
By Bennett on 03/04/08 06:48 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car offers a great deal for your money. It's not the fastest on the road, but it's a real treat to drive. The build quality is top notch. It drives very different from other cars I've owned...you must get up to about 6000 RPM to tap into the real power. But once you do, it really takes off. This car is a good compromise for someone wanting a sports car and a small family car.

Si is Awesome!!
By jnick1138 on 02/09/08 08:19 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car rocks!! I traded in an 06 Corolla for this and what a difference. The shifting is smooth, and man does this thing go. I like the interior design. Everything is easy to reach and the two-tiered dash is pretty cool. Lots of standard features, and at a reasonable price.

The Honda Civic Si is a great car
By tiff_c on 02/07/08 19:34 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Initially I looked at a lot of cars. This one was at the bottom of my list. I compared it to the Mazda Speed 3 and a Subaru WRX. The engine revs very smoothly in this car but the power when it reached 6,000 rpms is really amazing. The shifter on the Si is buttery smooth. It drives very well even in the snow. I put Nokian tires on it for winter and it goes just great in snow. My wife really likes driving this car so with all that we bought it.

Best N/A car under 25K
By John on 02/02/08 00:56 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car handles great with LSD. Acceleration was nothing spectacular when not pushed but it was very smooth in the process. I really liked the futuristic spaceship design on the exterior and interior. It really does stand out from the crowd and yes, you do get stares when sitting in traffic as if they're seeing a UFO. I've also noticed that this car has huge blindspots all around. Exhaust note is nice during warmer days and sounds droning during colder days even with the car fully warmed up. Ergonomics are excellent as it is driver-oriented. Driving impressions of this car is that it is a race car without a race car price tag.

Saab story over.
By mike crowley on 01/24/08 12:14 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had a 2003 Saab 9-3, but did not want to spend 30 plus for another car and the headache of a "european import". The Civic Si is as fun, or more fun to drive than the Saab 9-3 was. The Saab was fun to drive that is when it was not in the shop. Think twice before a 30-40 thousand dollar car and check out the Si! A fantastic little pocket rocket inside and out!

So Much Fun
By Matt on 01/20/08 14:03 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

As a recent college grad, this was my first new car purchase. I spent months (literally) trying to find a something fun/practical/economical/sporty/stylish /etc. all wrapped into one. Before, I drove a '95 Mazda Millenia which was great. My first Honda experience has been amazing so far. I was warned the Si was a true sports car. This is not a lie. Gears 2 through 5 really have some power, especially in the higher RPM's (redlines at 8000). With a little time, the clutch is fairly user friendly. Navigation system is easy to use and the sound system is better than advertised (built in sub really kicks hard). I bought this car to have some fun and so far Honda has delivered.

Best bang for your buck
By Chris G on 01/19/08 22:30 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It was between this car or a 4dr GTI. The ride is amazing. The handling is perfect and responsive. I was in an Altima SER, so going from 261 to 197hp I'm going to have to say it is slow. It has good pick up and it's hard to red-line :). The nav is worth it. I'm a pilot so I have a good sense of direction... thought I'd never use it. Once I played around with it for a while and studied up on it I really learned to enjoy it. The tires could be a little stickier. I do a lot of city driving and I'm getting about 24mpg average and I am shifting around 4500 to 5000 rpm on average. I use the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.