2008 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Not happy
By Enza on 06/16/08 14:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased the Honda Civic Hybrid four weeks ago. We have 860 miles on it and are frustrated and very unhappy with the performance of the car. The average mpg we are getting is 31.5 which is totally unsatisfactory. We are so upset I have complained to Honda of Superstition Springs and was told to contact American Honda Motor Co. needless to say they have not helped. Is there no one in this world that has any integrity left ?

your Civic responsibility
By BLCarper on 06/14/08 05:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been a sports car guy - until $4.00 gas. I traded my 04 Accord V6 M6 on a new Hybrid. You have to learn a new driving skill - slow and steady vs. pushing apex turns. Have been rewarded with combined mileage 43.8 and Highway is 55.6. There is a lot of no a/c use to get this. Wind drag at speed over 50 mph kills mileage. I'm staying at 58 mph on I-95 (dangerous but economical). You need to squeeze the pedal gently and learn to coast a lot. I have enjoyed the smooth driving style that results in top mpg. No rushing, no frantic lane changing - slow and steady wins the race. In this era of energy crisis I felt led to do something to do my part - Civic Hybrid is my statement.

Barb's Hybrid
By bwright1970 on 06/12/08 20:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Chose over Saturn Green Line for mpg although same price. Although I usually choose GM cars, I am highly satisfied with the overall appearance and performance of this Honda.

So very glad I bought this car!!!
By JenMc on 06/11/08 12:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Luckily my son totaled my 4-month-old Jeep Patriot (23 mpg - Yuck!). I was fortunate to find this hybrid on a local dealer lot and have been very happy thus far! I drive approximately 60 miles per day and this is just exactly the car I need. I have gotten 45.25 mpg and normally around 42 mpg with every tank. The extremely hot weather has drug it down a couple of mpg, but who can even complain with 40 mpg?!? (The onboard MPG gauge is always a couple of mpg less than if calculated manually.) I would DEFINITELY recommend a hybrid if you're a high-mileage driver like me! (Looked at the Prius, but the Civic looks much better and is around $5,000 cheaper!)

Very Cool Car
By Groovin on 06/11/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

Bought in January - $21.9K internet price and have not been disappointed in the least replacing a '99 DeVille. Overall MPG average has steadily increased to 45 MPG over 8000 miles as I have learned and adjusted driving habits. Last several tanks between 48 to 50. High tank was 56 MPG! Estimate $1K savings in gas over the Caddy so far which got 19-20 MPG & took premium & that is very noticeable in the checkbook. Fun to drive & my wife takes it when she can over her '02 Crown Vic.

2008 Civic Hybrid
By Leon Gonnering on 06/10/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

15,000 miles and no problem what so ever. Gas mileage is very good, at $4.00 per gallon it's worth it. Handling is crisp but steering is a little too sensitive at highway speeds. Performance is all I expected, now if the front seats weren't so hard and the road noise as loud I couldn't find anything to fault.

Great Mileage
By Brien on 06/04/08 18:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a Civic Hybrid a few weeks ago and have put ~1880 miles on it thus far. The mileage keeps getting better as you learn to drive it. For the 1880 miles I am getting an overall of 46.3 mpg. I do a lot of highway driving, but amazingly, I usually see the mileage go up after I get off the highway. I have curbed my "need for speed" on the highway (usually travel somewhere between 62 and 68 mph - I used to drive my Audi at a steady 74 mph when I wasn't speeding)and am really into trying to get the maximum mileage. I've totally enjoyed driving it while the gas prices keep going up. Makes you feel like you made a good decision in getting it.

Going Green
By gamecockrph on 06/03/08 19:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Entering 3rd month of ownership and this car is delivering the mileage I hoped for. I commute 75 miles round trip and vs. the small SUV I traded in for this I am saving $30 plus weekly. It rides well, is plenty roomy and my worst tank was the first tank at 38.5 mpg. Best tankful 47 mpg. Love passing the gas stations.

Civiv Hybrid -Home Run
By Wayne S on 06/03/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

I went from driving a Grand Prix for the last 20 years (6 cars) to a Civic Hybrid, and couldn't be more pleased. It is a solid car, with lots of technology, and actually fun to drive. I am averaging 46.4 mpg, with 50/50 city/hwy. driving. I love the challenge to keep the mileage over 50 mpg. for many of my trips. I am glad I bought it when I did, because they are now hard to find in the Twin cities.

Just in time
By crit54 on 05/29/08 14:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

During the fall of 07, I noticed a pattern of gas prices going way up in the near future. The wifes 04 Titan 4door 4x4 was getting 12-14 mpg. Kept the truck and bought the Civic hybrid. Wow, went to 37 mpg when she drives it, and 43 mpg when I drive. Shes a leadfoot! Great car, nice ride, looks great, all the bells and whistles anyone would need, Honda reliability, will hold its value like all Hondas. I ride a 05 Honda st1300 motorcycle bought it brand new, many miles never any problems. The Civic did have the rear suspension fixed under warranty 05/28/08 they were wearing the tires out due to an alignment, negative camber problem. About one hour to fix, 2 new tires, no cost and ready to go. Great car

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.