2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Impressed
By Impressed on 12/11/08 07:52 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my wife's new vehicle and she absolutely loves it. I'm pretty impressed as well. We see 29 MPG driving during the week (all city), and have gotten 38 on long highway trips. The car runs great and is a smooth comfortable ride. I've been very impressed with the build quality and reliability of this car. It beats the heck out of my old '96 Taurus for comfort, quality, and convenience. I can see hanging on to this car for a long time. I'll be looking Honda when my Taurus dies.

Love It
By R.Bostic on 12/10/08 08:49 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My parents helped me with this car for a graduation present and I love it. It's fun to drive, great on gas and is very stylish inside. I've gotten nothing but compliments on it and I love it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a reliable coupe.

Love It
By Scott on 11/11/08 17:57 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am 6'2 185, fit in the car perfect no problem with leg or head room the seats hug you firmly which is nice. No sliding when turning or leaning. The dash is perfect placement and dims nicely at night when you turn on the lights. Got 45 miles to the gallon highway to Missouri from Connecticut doing 60 with a full trunk back seat and a passenger and is extremely quiet. AC perfect in 90 degree weather and the heat is fantastic now, a very insulated car, is still warm after an hour of sitting. Only complaint is the placement of the hand brake pressing against my knee, other than that the car is perfect..

Great Car
By db on 11/11/08 16:03 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. Not sure why some people aren't getting good fuel economy. My driving is about 2/3 highway and 1/3 city, and my worst tank in 6 months of ownership has been 33.5 mpg. I average 34.5 - 35.0 mpg, with spirited driving. My best tank was 37 mpg while I tried to baby it.

Nice car
By Ken on 11/10/08 17:14 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Auto trans would downshift out of 3rd and 5th gears under light acceleration. Turns out transmission "adapts" to driver and I had babied it during break in period. Reset computer by holding pos and neg cables together for 2 minutes and then reconnect and let car idle for 10 minutes. Then I drove the car with a heavier foot for about 100 miles and now the shift points are much improved. Am a little wary of maintenance minder. There is no set maintenance schedule and the dealer will nickel and dime you at relatively short intervals. Otherwise, fun to drive and looks great at 30 mpg in mostly city driving.

Beautiful Blue
By mJc on 11/08/08 17:53 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My 2008 Honda Coupe is a magnificent driving machine. Great gas mileage yet it still provides me with the feeling that I'm driving a sporty car.

Fantastic Car
By Pete on 10/24/08 09:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I came to the Civic from a '99 Caddy STS. While it isn't as comfortable as the Caddy and lacks the 300hp engine, It still boasts some very impressive features. For instance, I typically get about 30-35 mpg city and about 40-45 mpg highway. The car is very fun to drive (I love the manual transmission). The ride is pretty smooth. I'm a pretty big guy (6'1, 280 lbs) and I fit just fine. There's plenty of legroom (I don't even put the seat all the way back!). However, I wouldn't recommend the coupe to anyone planning to move 4 adults. The back seat is way to small for most adults. My 17 lb dog seems pretty comfortable back there, but I can't imagine any more substantial creature would be.

Don't Buy a Civic
By gtko on 10/16/08 15:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has design flaws. Visors that brake on regular bases (I was told that this happens a lot). Laundry hooks brake. A/C blowing hot air at stop lights (I was told this is normal). I have just made my 4th payment and the crappy car is in the shop being worked on for the 6th time. This time the engine is rattling in the morning when it is first started because it is cold. The car also dies when put in reverse. I did not buy a new car to have to have it worked on all the time.

Luv it
By SDSU on 10/03/08 18:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

So this is my third civic. 1st one i totaled 2nd one was a 2004 civic sedan and now the 08 EX-L coupe. Love the leather. Love the handling. I have a lead foot and this car just flows with me around the turns. For example, there's a turn that's legally supposed to be taken 35 but this car goes 60 on it easily without even a skid of the tires. Hugs the road perfectly, great suspension. Fun to drive. If your like me and love just letting it all loose on the road and having a great time. this civic is for you. The leather trim steering wheel.seats, seat warmers and great interior doesn't hurt either.

The 2008 Honda Civic Coupe
By Matthew on 09/19/08 21:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good news and Bad news: The Good news is that the Honda Civic Coupe looks hot, reaches 36 mpg on the highway, it was pretty fun to drive, and costs under $15,000. Bad news: The car LOOKS hot, but it really isn't, the headroom makes people annoyed, and it isn't a luxury car (at all). The Civic coupe is best for teenagers who want 0 to 60 times of under 8 seconds, but who don't want to break their budget. It's a nice compact car that isn't so show-offy. It gets good gas mileage. It was pretty fun to drive. If it was given a grade in school, it would be given an 85%. It's a solid car, just nothing special.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Civic Coupe in WA is:

$164 per month*