Used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My first new honda
By blondelulu

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my honda for 2 years. I enjoy my Honda, love the gas mileage. I have had problems with my car not starting on the first try more than once. Also have had problems with my clutch making popping sounds while driving. Had it fixed and not a week and a half later it started popping again. The paneling in the back window rattles when listening to music. Very cheap plastic. The factory tires that came on the car were bridge-stone, they were horrible. They became lumpy and made the car vibrate going down the road. Other than that i love my car its fun to drive.

Love the sub woofer, I like the look of the dash and radio, it drives great.

Better factory tires, better plastic in the car, fix whatever is making the car not start well, and figure out why the clutch wants to pop while driving.

Love love my car
By rpkb99

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this care and I would most definitely by another Honda. I have a 2 door coupe and have 2 kids they fit in comfortable. I love the options it came with. I really love this car.

The dash, cup holders, sun roof the stereo system..

Best Civic Ever!
By Chance

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Definitely, the best car I have ever owned. No complaints here-nothing but accolades! This model is much larger with a lot more style than the usual civic.

Primo sound system, great handling in curves, comfortable ride, good size trunk, sporty good looks

None at this time

Okay car, needs work to make fun to own
By ExcuseI!

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car used at a steal (fuel prices had come down and people had already migrated away from fuel efficient cars). Took it on a trip from VA to JAX and averaged 39.5mpg (!). However, the hills of CA and shorter commutes drop the mileage down to 20-25 mpg. For the (lack of) performance from the car I would expect better. My 2005 V6 Tacoma crew cab auto gets 17-20 mpg around town and has much better power. The ride is very loud and I feel the interior material quality isn't as good as my wife's old 1996 Civic (gone). There are scratches on the hard plastics in 1 year that weren't there on the 10 year old Civic. However, it has many features for what we paid, but Civic needs a refresh.

Highway MPG, low operating cost (so far @ 15k miles), sat radio, navigation, sunroof. At least used, it was good-great value for money. Takes 87 octane, and (hopefully) strong resale value.

Fix the following: Car is LOUD with road noise; poor power from engine (getting up inclines, etc); poor city mpg:performance ratio (vs a Cooper S I owned which got 30-33 no matter what), easily scratched interior plastics, front end impossible to see when parking (worse than a 1994 Firebird!)

Good on gas
By Ms.Jones

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Drives well, no serious mechanical issues even though it was a salvage, One issues have been the damage done before I bought it when it was stolen. The rear shock is leaking, thinking about having the gear box looked at changing gears isnt as fluid as when I first bought it.

Gas and indicator light display. Gas Mileage, Gas tank size, well designed interior, roomy trunk.

I'm short and the seat hit the visor and it broke. It'd be nice if It wouldn't have. It's actually expensive to get fixed at the dealer. Rear shock I've read is an issue for other drivers as well.