Used 2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 556 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Sorry Guys but I guess I bought a Lemon
By same_ole_ford

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First the maintenance Rear tires have prematurely worn out twice due to a faulty alignment set up from Honda which they had refused to own up to even though they published a service bulletin about the problem. Left front drive shaft failed 42,000 miles replaced both rear wheel bearings at 65,000 miles now the rear shocks are leaking fluid and must be replaced as well. Also there is a Service bulletin about the engine block cracking and leaking antifreeze, which translates into a half done engine rebuild as Honda will not replace the whole engine. Everyone here talks about 70 MPH = 40+ MPG I drive mine 55 to 60 mph on the interstate the best ever is 34MPG.
1st and last Honda anything I buy

Not the reliability

A car is the sum of its parts - Honda is failing to find decent parts for their American Built cars.

Thank God for this car!!!
By dreamaker9729

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Im not trying to knock anyone down because your opinion is your opinion, but im not complaining. I went from a 87' Chrysler 5th avenue to this car, it was a God send. I was getting 17 hwy on that thing and i put 50 dollars in 3 days later, im putting in 50 more. I guess when you come up with nothing and finally have something you appreciate it more...So buy one you'll love it!

I love the mpg, ac, heat, everything. lol and i cant hear the gears shift ;)

I will NEVER buy another Honda
By morganne

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Civic brand new off the lot in 2008. It has been a problem since the first year I bought it. Sunvisor broke, air vent adjusters broke, laundry hanger broke, and it vibrates when I put it in reverse. I feel unsafe driving it because it is such a tin can. I will never ever buy a Honda again. I would be more than happy to just give the car back. Not worth the $$

It's sporty

Rebuild the car altogether. It is unsafe, unreliable, and they fall apart way too fast.

Mileage Drop After Tire Change
By pamski

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a used 2008 Civic. Now at 37,000 miles I had the tires replaced. I'm sure these were not the original tires, but I bought it from a dealer that does that sort of thing. Anyway, the day the tires were replaced my mileage went from 40 on the Hwy to barely 30 on the Hwy. Why is this? Not cheap tires, and they were to proper size according to the Civic Manual. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The Little Car that Could
By queensonia2001

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 civic straight off the lot in 08. I love my little car, yes I do. I just have a couple of complaints. 1: slow acceleration. Super slow.2:visors keep breaking. on their own! 3: loud inside the car. When i'm on my cell people complain of the noise, and I can't use my speaker phone in the car while i'm driving.

Other than those things, I love the gas mileage, love the way the gauges look, and love the fact that it has a better resell value than many other cars with the same year/specs.

gas mileage gauges (looks) resell value

quieter interior make visors better quality improve takeoff