Used 2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

One of the best in class
By g

2008 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. I love it when the engine hits the 6000- 8200 rpm. It makes me want to Pound it everywhere I go, and I still get 24 mpg. The transmission is smooth. Some people complain about third gear but I haven't had any problems. I would like to have more power, but who doesn't. The one thing about this car you have to be in the right gear to get the most out of the engine. Not a perfect car but very fun to drive.

Favorite Features

High revs, great interior, exterior, trunk space, standard features (p/w, p/l, moonroof, all around airbags, lsd, sound system), transmission, handles great, and its a Honda

Suggested Improvements

Needs more room, rough ride, cant see front or back when parking, allot of blind spots, very thin paint ( I have a lot of paint chips everywhere), needs more horses,

Who needs a Porshe for FUN!
By RonBhamAL

2008 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have driven mostly luxury cars (BMW 325, IS250) and after 3 months still can't believe how great this car is. I have to remind myself I am in a economy car. Well-mannered, fast, comfortable. I get more looks than I did in my lux cars. Yes, I opted for the loaded SI/NAV and added blk leather, tinted windows. Civic SI is bringing sexy back! And valet guys fight to park it.

Favorite Features

Flash card port that you can scroll by artist or song on the nav's touchscreen with 999 song capability. Comfortable seats, outdoor temp gauge, low tire pressure gauge, sexy looks, head popping speed.

Suggested Improvements

Can't believe theres not blue-tooth with NAV pkg. Also need back-up camera because of poor rear visibility. Auto-volume control turns up too loudly when accelerating. Needs rear windshield wiper! A bit of road noise. Nose dance with quick acceleration. Need RWD! Wish they made an Accord Coupe SI!

2008 LX noisy and cramped
By b

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

2dr lx is way too cramped inside. The parking brake handle runs my knee cap raw. I'm 5'9' 170 lbs, a average sized person and I cannot find a comfortable seating position in this car. My legs are very cramped and my arms barely reach the radio controls once I get the proper leg position. The automobile was obliviously designed for smaller stature people. Car is extremely noisy on highway trips. The radio volume must be elevated to drown out the tire noise at highway speeds. Evidently Honda did not invest in soundproofing. Many blind spots, cannot see the front or rear end of the car when attempting to park. My ADVISE Buy a Toyota Corolla

Favorite Features

GAS Mileage 30 city 35 Highway

Suggested Improvements

Change the harsh blue color on the dash lights. Move the parking brake handle. Add soundproofing material

Awesome Vehicle
By Linda256

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I drove a Maxima SE until it was totaled in a crash. I went smaller due to gas mileage. Looked at & considered Scion tC & Subaru Impreza & Accord Coupe. The Civic won on looks, trim level & handling. I definitely made the right decision. I fill up once every other week & absolutely love driving it. There's a couple of blind spots, but once you get used to them, they are not a problem. Stereo system is awesome. This car has exceeded my expectations, especially going from a V6 to a small 4 cyl. I plain old have "fun" driving it. I added the auto-dimming mirror w/compass (dealer installed).

Favorite Features

Everything - looks, interior, stereo. I have the black (has dark blue metal- flakes which absolutely sparkle in the sun) with black interior - looks awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Power seats, at least for driver. Lighted vanity mirrors.

Easy Manual Car
By valerie

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The manual transmission on this is easy and fun to drive. Great gas mileage, and comes with a lot of features for an LX. The only thing I'm not used to having from the accord is the remote trunk release and volume controls. Other than that, I'm pleased with the 08 civic coupe. Rides smooth, and has a nice dash design.

Favorite Features

The auto lock and auto unlock, surprised that came with an LX, along with the auto volume controls at higher and lower speeds. Huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger glove compartment that fits nothing more than manuals. Remote trunk release for LX.