2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 54

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Happy New Civic Owner
By NewHondaOwner on 11/09/07 03:42 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove a number of cars, including the Prius, the Accord, a Mazda 3, a Camry, a MazdaSpeed 3, and a Ford Focus. For the price, it can't be beat. Just an amazing car for an amazing deal. It handled better than any of those cars. Not quite as comfortable as the Camry, but it's a lot cheaper.

Very happy with the 2008 Civic
By Bravesirrobin on 11/05/07 09:52 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently decided to get rid of my VW Passat and get something more reliable. I loved how the Passat handled, but the Honda Civic seems just as good. My Passat was sluggish to get going and stopping quickly. The Civic is much peppier and easier to come to a quick stop. Great car for the money.

Fun and Great Value
By Laura on 11/05/07 07:44 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am very particular about cars and this Civic exceeds my expectations. I opted for the EX L with a manual transmission and absolutely love it. Interior is very nice especially compared to the other cars I've owned and the ones I test drove before purchasing this one. Stereo has a nice sound, seats are super comfortable-love the wrap around feature. Easy for me to get in and out of the car. Like the button that remotely pops trunk. Manual transmission is smooth. Steering is nice and easy. Handles corners well. Fold down rear seats are great. For the price, this is an excellent car and value. If you want BMW features then you will have to pay a BMW price.

Think twice
By Laura on 11/04/07 08:38 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Honda. I loved the other cars (Accords) and bought the Civic mainly to increase gas mileage due to long commute and high marks for reliability and safety. But, there are several things that are truly annoying. The main problem is the front seats are very uncomfortable. After 45 mins of driving my back was hurting due to the hardness of the seat and the way it pushes in your sides to mold you into the seat. There's no "give." Another big problem is the side door frame blocking you view while driving and especially while turning. Not being able to see the front of the car (end of the hood) is a big problem in trying to park, turn etc. Maybe you eventually get used to it.

EX-L 2008 So far, so good...
By Kevman on 11/03/07 07:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Got my EX-L 2 weeks ago. First tank of gas highway driving 34MPG. Very happy with that. Seat not the most comfortable, but OK. Needs Lumbar support. Pickup not too good, but to be expected. Alot of fun to drive. Should have auto-dimming mirror on EX-L model.

This is Fun to Drive!
By rn5 on 11/03/07 04:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second new Civic in two months! After driving my first new 2007 for 3 weeks, a drunk hit me on the driver's side. The side air bags went off perfectly and I walked away from my totaled car. I guess this speaks to the car's safety. Since I purchased an end of 2007 Civic and I liked the car, I went ahead and purchased a 2008-same exact model/color. The new 2008 differs from the 2007 with the addition of a handy tire pressure monitor (which went off a couple of days) and the absence of a key entrance for the for the trunk. Very fun to drive. Excellent handling and braking. Good acceleration. Mileage so far has been 31 (city/hwy).

2008 Si is great
By peter on 10/23/07 19:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is strictly fun to drive. You can drive it "soft" if you want to, or rev it up all the way to 8000 RPMs and fly around the corners. Easy maneuvering, great road grip, and I think relatively quiet for a "sports" car.

Honda Coupe 2008
By Linda on 10/23/07 14:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Car is very sporty & accelerates & handles quite smoothly. Bucket seats mold to you & are quite comfortable. A power seat would be desirable. Trunk is roomy with fold down seats adding to space. I like the speedometer out in front by windshield so you don't have to look down. Center console armrest slides forward (nice feature) but slips back when you lean on it (should lock in place). Mileage is great. Overall quality & design is excellent! I love driving my civic.

Smart buy but not perfect
By Kindway on 10/22/07 12:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Honda, following a '91 Civic, a '96 Accord, and an '05 CR-V. I traded in the Accord for this Civic and was a little disappointed in how "hard" the seats and interior space feel compared to an eleven-year- old car. I know the cars are in two different segments; still, I would've liked to discover that that decade plus brought more refinement. This Civic feels much the way my '91 Civic felt back then when it was new. Nevertheless, it is reasonably comfortable and roomy enough for a six-footer and his 5'11" wife and their two children. The manual shifter is smooth, and the engine feels strong for a car this size. Especially pleasant is the handling; it rides more like a Jetta.

Intially Very Impressed
By shaymasdaddy on 10/15/07 07:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Got tired of paying BMW maintenance and traded in my '01 525i for a white EX-L sedan this past weekend. I am very impressed with the build quality and the handling. The leather interior interior has a high quality feel and should last a long time. The stock stereo has a nice full sound. I did compare it to the Mazda 3 S Grand Touring Sedan and despite what the specs say, the Civic EX-L feels larger inside from a front and rear leg room perspective. I am very happy with my purchase and highly recommend it over the Mazda 3 and the Corolla.