2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
This is Fun to Drive!
By rn5 on 11/03/07 04:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second new Civic in two months! After driving my first new 2007 for 3 weeks, a drunk hit me on the driver's side. The side air bags went off perfectly and I walked away from my totaled car. I guess this speaks to the car's safety. Since I purchased an end of 2007 Civic and I liked the car, I went ahead and purchased a 2008-same exact model/color. The new 2008 differs from the 2007 with the addition of a handy tire pressure monitor (which went off a couple of days) and the absence of a key entrance for the for the trunk. Very fun to drive. Excellent handling and braking. Good acceleration. Mileage so far has been 31 (city/hwy).

2008 Si is great
By peter on 10/23/07 19:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is strictly fun to drive. You can drive it "soft" if you want to, or rev it up all the way to 8000 RPMs and fly around the corners. Easy maneuvering, great road grip, and I think relatively quiet for a "sports" car.

Honda Coupe 2008
By Linda on 10/23/07 14:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Car is very sporty & accelerates & handles quite smoothly. Bucket seats mold to you & are quite comfortable. A power seat would be desirable. Trunk is roomy with fold down seats adding to space. I like the speedometer out in front by windshield so you don't have to look down. Center console armrest slides forward (nice feature) but slips back when you lean on it (should lock in place). Mileage is great. Overall quality & design is excellent! I love driving my civic.

Smart buy but not perfect
By Kindway on 10/22/07 12:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Honda, following a '91 Civic, a '96 Accord, and an '05 CR-V. I traded in the Accord for this Civic and was a little disappointed in how "hard" the seats and interior space feel compared to an eleven-year- old car. I know the cars are in two different segments; still, I would've liked to discover that that decade plus brought more refinement. This Civic feels much the way my '91 Civic felt back then when it was new. Nevertheless, it is reasonably comfortable and roomy enough for a six-footer and his 5'11" wife and their two children. The manual shifter is smooth, and the engine feels strong for a car this size. Especially pleasant is the handling; it rides more like a Jetta.

Intially Very Impressed
By shaymasdaddy on 10/15/07 07:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Got tired of paying BMW maintenance and traded in my '01 525i for a white EX-L sedan this past weekend. I am very impressed with the build quality and the handling. The leather interior interior has a high quality feel and should last a long time. The stock stereo has a nice full sound. I did compare it to the Mazda 3 S Grand Touring Sedan and despite what the specs say, the Civic EX-L feels larger inside from a front and rear leg room perspective. I am very happy with my purchase and highly recommend it over the Mazda 3 and the Corolla.

Great!
By N.A. on 10/10/07 11:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After extensive research (a must being an engineer) and looking and test driving multiple cars, I settled on this model. It gives you all the extras you want with a reasonable price. The design is amazing, and fun to drive. I owned a 99 Honda EX Coupe and it was noisy on the highway. This one, however, it was really quiet. Inside is very spacious and comfortable. Would definitely recommend.

Great Car!
By Michelle on 10/09/07 07:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is a great value for the price. Drives smooth, great gas mileage, sleek design and interior, great turning radius.

Exceeded All My Expectations!
By Dave on 10/07/07 06:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was ready to buy something in the $30K+ range, when both of my parents bought new 2007 Civic 4 doors. After driving theirs, I was very impressed and decided the car to get for overall reliability and gas mileage was the Civic. I waited for the 2008 version with the leather and decided to get the coupe for the better stereo system. I have had this car for one week now, and I absolutely love it! The car drives smoothly, accelerates quickly, and looks great outside and inside (Silver with black leather). I find myself going for drives at night just to sit in the car and drive it. The car feels solid and able on the road. It has exceeded my expectations for a car in this price range.

Great car
By CarlM on 10/05/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Civic for a week and love it as a replacement for my 2002 Civic. Changes in the six years are all good, and I love the digital dash! Seats are comfortable for 6-1 big guy. I wouldn't own another car from the "Big Three" Detroit auto makers. Door locks for passenger need to automatically unlock when handle is pulled from the inside.

Wow, more bang for my buck
By onebigkid50 on 10/04/07 13:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Civic rides so smooth and is such a pleasure to drive. Feels like you are floating and for a car at this price range I was impressed and would have expected to pay a lot more for everything that was included. All the safety features were icing on the cake!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Civic in NJ is:

$226 per month*