2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2008 SI 4dr
By Curt on 11/26/07 18:13 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The SI is all that I hoped for. Its fun, its practical, and best of all, it sounds orgasmic when you fondle the accelerator in any gear. Even cruising around town you hear the moan of the Farrier sounding exhaust. Some may ask if its worth the extra cost than the EX, the answer is yes. You do have to rev it to get all the HP out of it, but the car sounds like it has no problem going to 8000rpm. Even in the low rpms its peppy and pleasing. Its roomy enough to fit my 6'5" frame. You will not find a better value in this class than the SI.

Can't expect any more!
By reuthermonkey on 11/26/07 11:48 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for only a few weeks now, but i'm absolutely in love with it. I'm not a "car person" by any stretch of the imagination. My previous car was a '95 Honda Accord and after 240,000 miles, I needed a replacement. I looked exclusively at Honda and Toyota for a new, inexpensive alternative, and stuck with Honda because it was simply a better value and a prettier car.

Great car
By Bob on 11/23/07 16:23 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had the car two weeks and love it!! Fun to drive, peppy, great package for the price, outstanding fuel mileage, avg 30 mpg and the leather interior brings the car up to a new level of luxury.

Awesome quality car
By austin on 11/20/07 20:42 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I currently have about 800 miles on this car and computer indicates average of 48mpg which is a few mpg's lower than calculated fuel economy. Coasting in neutral on downhills will improve mpg. I had to change driving habits to get the high fuel economy. Driving like a granny also means I am less stressed out driving. The dealer had the tire pressure set to 25 psi which is very low. Once I increased to 40 psi, my mpg increased by about 10%. Back seats are comfortable and roomy. Styling is beautiful. Handling is also excellent. I test drove a Prius which I also liked but the Civic beats the Prius in styling and handling, as well as pricing.

2008 Honda Civic Coupe
By stravi on 11/19/07 17:58 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I can find only 2 flaws with the new 2008 Honda Civic Coupe, EX-L, 2D, Automatic: (1) horrible blind spot where backseat windows/frames meet. Must have blindspot mirrors. (2) Seatbelts tend to hit me in the neck rather than over my shoulder. I'm 5'5". Also I don't know if the radio/navi system is bluetooth compatible. It should be for what it costs. Other than that, this car is perfect for a small, sporty, nice designed car. Leather seats are very comfortable. Back seat is even comfortable.

An excellent compromise
By jrlarson on 11/16/07 14:24 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What a fun car. Excellent compromise of cost, utility and fun. Great handling, good comfort, good engine performance. Best fun per dollar I've ever had in a car. Only thing I don't like is the tendency of the engine to hold up revs when off-throttle while shifting.

Happy New Civic Owner
By NewHondaOwner on 11/09/07 03:42 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove a number of cars, including the Prius, the Accord, a Mazda 3, a Camry, a MazdaSpeed 3, and a Ford Focus. For the price, it can't be beat. Just an amazing car for an amazing deal. It handled better than any of those cars. Not quite as comfortable as the Camry, but it's a lot cheaper.

Very happy with the 2008 Civic
By Bravesirrobin on 11/05/07 09:52 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently decided to get rid of my VW Passat and get something more reliable. I loved how the Passat handled, but the Honda Civic seems just as good. My Passat was sluggish to get going and stopping quickly. The Civic is much peppier and easier to come to a quick stop. Great car for the money.

Fun and Great Value
By Laura on 11/05/07 07:44 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am very particular about cars and this Civic exceeds my expectations. I opted for the EX L with a manual transmission and absolutely love it. Interior is very nice especially compared to the other cars I've owned and the ones I test drove before purchasing this one. Stereo has a nice sound, seats are super comfortable-love the wrap around feature. Easy for me to get in and out of the car. Like the button that remotely pops trunk. Manual transmission is smooth. Steering is nice and easy. Handles corners well. Fold down rear seats are great. For the price, this is an excellent car and value. If you want BMW features then you will have to pay a BMW price.

Think twice
By Laura on 11/04/07 08:38 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Honda. I loved the other cars (Accords) and bought the Civic mainly to increase gas mileage due to long commute and high marks for reliability and safety. But, there are several things that are truly annoying. The main problem is the front seats are very uncomfortable. After 45 mins of driving my back was hurting due to the hardness of the seat and the way it pushes in your sides to mold you into the seat. There's no "give." Another big problem is the side door frame blocking you view while driving and especially while turning. Not being able to see the front of the car (end of the hood) is a big problem in trying to park, turn etc. Maybe you eventually get used to it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.