Used 2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Black Beauty
By gary

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had every intention of keeping my 2001 Civic EX another 5 years - it was totaled in an accident in June. While shopping for used Civics I discovered high prices due to extraordinary resale value (and current price of gas)! So I now own this incredible black, 2008 EX! Just turned 1000 miles and it is my opinion that this just might be the best car ever sold in the U.S.!

wheels - sound system - dash

larger glove box

Great Car
By Adam

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car. There is nothing to it. Great gas mileage, comfortable, nice interior and exterior, and I love the features, especially the navigation system. Although the windshield wipers don't work well dry, the only other complaint I have is the lack of heated seats.

Navigation

Power seats

A must buy.
By EJP

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have the car for just over 2 weeks and with only a minor change in driving habits (Going speed limit) I had 46.5 mpg on 90%s city driving and 47.9 mpg for 90% highway driving. Better than the EPA ratings on mph and the car is just breaking in. I have a driving range of approximately 500 miles per tank. Not bad at all. My weekly cost for gas has gone from $150 plus per week to approximately $38 per week. The difference between a mini-van and a hybrid is amazing. Great comfort, style, performance and mph. Much more stylish than a Prius. This car is fantastic so try one and you will be a believer.

MPH, responsive engine, a quiet engine, great looking, comfortable what else is there to say.

Parking break is in an awkward location.

Honda Civic EX-L Auto w/ Navi
By Adam

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car. I am 17 and bought my first car. The two tier dashboard is convenient and the navigation is relatively good. The trunk size is generous given its coupe body structure. Of course the main point is the mpg rating. Even before having broken it in I get a combined 41 mpg (with A/C on the entire time), even though I do a little more highway than city. In addition the seats are comfortable in the back and in the front, even for me (I'm 5'11"). I love the styling, and the air conditioning is good. I even got cold in like 91 degree weather. I shall also admit the windshield wipers to be cool. I haven't found anything bad about this car yet so if anyone does I would like to know.

My favorite features are the navigation, the speedometer, and everything.

None

Very nice car
By Mitchell Potter

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Before buying my civic (Jun 6,08) I drove the Nissan Sentra, Toyota Corolla. The Corolla was a good and I would have bought one but having two other Hondas (97 Odyssey & 97 Civic, both still going strong) it was hard to leave a good thing. My compromise was I couldn't get stability control but buying it with the Corolla would have meant having other options I didn't want. I went with the LX over the EX because I didn't want the sunroof or 5-spoke alloy wheels (just didn't like the look). However, Honda has a 15', 7-spoke wheel that is nice. I bought them and a trunk liner from College Hills Honda (on-line) for about one-half the cost my local dealer wanted.

Average of 37 mph so far; looks good especially with the optional wheels. Nice ride for a small car. Great reliability. We love our Hondas!

No stability control, no adjustable variable wipers on the LX; odd placement for parking brake; no true coin holder/box. Would like petal extensions for my short wife (on all cars she has to sit to close the the air bag).