2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Car
By bmidd31 on 12/18/07 07:58 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 7th Honda I have owned and already love it. I sold my 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL for this car. I was not happy with the Nissan and did not like the 28 MPG on a 4 cyl engine. The bottom line is Nisaan's are not Honda's.

Bringing Sport To Small
By Erich on 12/13/07 09:56 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had mine for almost 3 months now and I still shake my head in disbelief when I look at it. Such aggressive styling on a car this size is rare and in this case very well done. The view of the road is appreciated, but the blind spots are troubling, but I am coming from a Maxima with windows all around and if you actually look and not just rely on mirrors then its fine. I have noticed the occasional rough shift in the transmission and a little hesitation/skipping at idle, but i'm sure its nothing a quick visit to the dealer won't fix. I'm also not a big fan of the fact the rear entry effects the front seat position every time some gets in and out of the back seat.

Great car so far
By utgolfer on 12/11/07 17:39 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car after reviewing and driving all the cars in this class and this was the best value for me. I was just looking for good gas mileage and good reliability. I love driving this car and it gets good gas mileage, so hopefully the reliability will be there over time(because it's a Honda). I'm not quite sure about the stereo built into the dash yet because if I want to upgrade to an aftermarket stereo, it will be almost impossible. The stereo sounds fine though, so an upgrade might not be necessary. The seats are a little uncomfortable, but they seem the same as other sporty cars - it doesn't bother me. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Honda Civic Hybrid Review
By Mike on 12/10/07 21:57 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What an outstanding car. It's quick, quiet and very well equipped. Very fun to drive. I prefered the Civic over the Prius because it is not quasi-futuristic like the Prius. It has a regular key and regular displays. Conversely the Prius display is extremely busy. Plus going from a Jeep Wrangler to a HCH I went from 18 mpg to 43 mpg - quite a savings. BTW - That was my real world mpg after my first tank.

My First Honda
By My first Honda on 12/08/07 22:43 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I can honestly say that I was very unhappy when my fiancee decided he wanted to trade both of our higher end vehicles in on a new Honda Civic. He had owned a 2000 Civic and loved that car. He kept telling me that I would love the new one more every day. I was skeptical, but he was right. I love this car! The interior is much more comfortable than I expected and a lot bigger too. I love the fact that I can hook my iPod right into it. The exterior is just the right amount of sporty for me. I thought the 4 cyclinder engine would be a problem but it has plenty of get up and go and a very quiet and smooth ride. The best thing, the two-tiered dash with the blue lights. I love that!

A nice car
By dan on 12/08/07 19:01 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Been driving this for less than a month now, it has 1200 miles on it. So far it absolutely amazing. It's really fun to drive, Great care for a good deal. You can always buy more comfortable seat add-ons. Blind spot can be easily fixed. Just adjust mirror to see more of the next lane, so all you have to do is turn head once and look at in mirror. Parking is not an issue, can always reverse and re-park. Kinda huge, but its fine.

Hi tech in a compact package
By HI on Hybrid on 12/07/07 17:43 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got 42.75 mpg on 1st fillup for mixed driving. Almost no difference in ride and performance from regular small car. Funky dash, really deep and low with 2-tiered display that needs getting used to. Long dash makes it impossible to see front end and low dash will hinder long-legged front passengers. Smaller trunk and no flip back seats due to battery pack location. Almost everything is std. including excellent stereo, alloy wheels, tilt steering, cruise control. Please check out a hybrid before buying a regular small or mid- size car. Gas savings and tax credit makes up for price premium. Best of all, you really don't sacrifice in terms of ride and performance.

New 08 Honda Civic Hybrid with Nav
By Joxes on 12/07/07 10:44 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

With the gas price rocketing and the need of replacing my 02 Land Rover Freelander I decided to go for a hybrid. Decided quickly to go for the Honda Civic for a simple reason. I have long legs and I couldn't fit in the Prius. The Prius steering is not telescopic. The 08 Honda Civic Hybrid is great, I decided to get the nav which is by the way a great system very easy to use and the system even understand my foreign accent (french). Because of my back problems I needed to get a very comfortable car. The freelander was comfortable, the Civic is even more comfortable. The seats and the driving position are great. The gas mileage is excellent 44 MPG for combine driving.

Excellent
By honda from now on on 12/07/07 09:12 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for the past month and I love it. I took two long trips and during one I got 31 mpg. The other was a whopping 34.8 mpg I am loving this at the pump. The car is fun to drive and is very peppy. I came from a large SUV and although the ride is quite different, I wouldn't trade my Honda for anything.

Go Green With Confidence In A Hybrid!
By SuzieQNC on 12/01/07 17:02 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my 2008 Civic Hybrid! Great gas mileage 46 with combo hwy and city driving! Great handling! Good pickup - way better than the 2007 Camry I owned/endured for 6 months before getting rid of it and buying the Hybrid! The Civic Hybrid is quiet and well built. The gas engine shuts down when stopped to save gas! A major plus for traffic jams or a slow crawl in to work! Interior is spacious - only a few inches smaller than the 2007 Camry! Backseat is fairly roomy - not huge, but certainly adequate. Interior styling is nice - two tiered dash with digital mph readout, mpg calculator, outside temp, etc.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.