Used 2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Excellent Honda
By Stew

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Given the time I've had this car, I have had no problems or issues with it. It is a honda. For gas mileage see around 30 now, but only will see greater numbers after 10k miles, proven industry fact. Sporty in manners, corners like a slot car, and driven correctly, will accelerate quickly. Tight as a drum. Excellent package for the money. If you want more, buy an accord, for more $$$.

Strong engine and drivetrain, tight suspension and rides great.

Did not want navi for personal reasons, the factory stereo is excellent, except for the rear speakers; I purchased dealer provided bass speaker system, plug and play. Excellent audio now. Rear window fogs just a little around brake light w/ac on.

Fun fun fun
By maccve

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just picked it up last night, but it has been nothing but fun since then. This is my second SI, the first being a 1990 model when I was younger. I never owned a vehicle since then that had so much fun character to it, till now. Anyway, it has a great sound from the exhaust and is a blast to drive. I have not quite gotten the sound system adjusted, but I am coming from a BOSE system in the vehicle I have passed to my wife, so it may never sound that good. All I want to do today is drive drive drive!

Engine and body, adjustable seat and steering wheel, and roomy interior. Heck the whole package is just great, car feels so solid and well put together. The gear shifter is the best I have ever used!

Better stereo, but I can live with it!

Great car
By Chris

2008 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It handles like a 5-series BMW, but gets twice the gas mileage. The steering is very quick- something new this year is that the steering is only 2.6 turns lock to lock, so it is very sensitive especially at highway speeds.

Handles like a bmw.

Impressed
By marnie

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was absolutely amazed with the quality of my 2008 honda civic ex-l navi! Its fun to drive, it has GREAT fuel economy and its just a well designed vehicle. The navigation with voice commands is so advanced and easy to use! I would recommend this vehicle to ANY and EVERY interested car buyer, and friend of mine! Take a look at it, its reasonably priced and worth every penny!

navigation, xm stereo

none

Best car on the market
By steve

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Drove both Civic Hybrid & Prius before buying. Civic is quieter; has fewer distractions for operator; and gets even better mileage than advertised. We have taken several 400 mile trips and find the Civic to be stable and effortless on the highway. We have discovered that keeping cruise speed below 68 mph increases gas mileage by nearly 6%. I utilize GPS on other vehicles and would prefer a more comprehensive data base on the Civic. We love the car and feel that we made the right choice.

non shifting transmission (very smooth); engine shutdown when stopped at traffic light; excellent media (sound) system.

Improve GPS data base