Used 2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Excellent car overall
By Valerie Phillips

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have only driven the car a few thousand miles, but enough to know what a wonderful car it is! When I traded, my car payment increased approx. $50.00, however I have saved over $100.00 in gas each of the past 2 months. The ride is very pleasant and the overall workmanship of the car is great. There a few minor irritations, however I would definitely choose this vehicle again. I do wish that I would have gotten an EX-L with Navigation.

My favorite feature is the digital speedometer and the soft blue glow of the instrumentation at night. I also like the smaller steering wheel.

The headrests are too big and push my head forward in an uncomfortable position. To alleviate some of this I raised the headrests all the way up. The radio reception is very poor. Satellite radio should be standard. The drivers seat should have a standard adjustable lumbar support.

Love at first sight
By FD

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my Honda LX for 2 weeks. The moment I sat down in it and put my hand on the 5 speed shifter I fell in love. On my first trip I got 37 mpg and since I have gotten 44 and 45 mpg. I drive conservatively about 60 -65 mph. I have always bought Toyota but couldn't find a 5 speed in my color and thought I'd look at the competition. Glad I did. Beautiful car. It came with a slight problem with the am radio reception but I'm getting that repaired at the dealer. Don't drive the civic five speed or you won't be able to turn it loose. I had a Toyota Supra and this car is just as much fun to drive and I find myself looking for an excuse to drive it.

looks,economy,dependability of Honda, comfort, the smoothness of the 5 speed,the feeling of quality and the performance. When you are passing semi trucks you don't feel the car flinch like in some small cars.

remote trunk release on key, bigger arm rest/center console.

Excellent Honda
By Stew

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Given the time I've had this car, I have had no problems or issues with it. It is a honda. For gas mileage see around 30 now, but only will see greater numbers after 10k miles, proven industry fact. Sporty in manners, corners like a slot car, and driven correctly, will accelerate quickly. Tight as a drum. Excellent package for the money. If you want more, buy an accord, for more $$$.

Strong engine and drivetrain, tight suspension and rides great.

Did not want navi for personal reasons, the factory stereo is excellent, except for the rear speakers; I purchased dealer provided bass speaker system, plug and play. Excellent audio now. Rear window fogs just a little around brake light w/ac on.

Fun fun fun
By maccve

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just picked it up last night, but it has been nothing but fun since then. This is my second SI, the first being a 1990 model when I was younger. I never owned a vehicle since then that had so much fun character to it, till now. Anyway, it has a great sound from the exhaust and is a blast to drive. I have not quite gotten the sound system adjusted, but I am coming from a BOSE system in the vehicle I have passed to my wife, so it may never sound that good. All I want to do today is drive drive drive!

Engine and body, adjustable seat and steering wheel, and roomy interior. Heck the whole package is just great, car feels so solid and well put together. The gear shifter is the best I have ever used!

Better stereo, but I can live with it!

Great car
By Chris

2008 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It handles like a 5-series BMW, but gets twice the gas mileage. The steering is very quick- something new this year is that the steering is only 2.6 turns lock to lock, so it is very sensitive especially at highway speeds.

Handles like a bmw.