Used 2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My favorite car
By My favorite car

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought the 2008 Honda civic sedan LX and i love it. I have bought a lot of cars and this one has to be my favorite. I drove the accord it was great but i was just liking the civic more. The a/c isn't too great as everyone else says but i like to ride with the windows down anyway. The radio works really good. It has some get up and go when it's needed but definitely not the si. Other than the a/c the car is great!

Favorite Features

Display, Sleek and stylish, quiet

Suggested Improvements

I would just have to say a better a/c

Luv Our Hondas
By Honda Family

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Finally sold off the 93 DX MT model for a 2008 EX AT and couldn't be more satisfied. The EX gets 32 City with AC. Highway mileage is also impressive - we're getting 38 on the highway! Can't ask for a smoother, more quiet ride. Enjoying the keyless entry, remote trunk, 6 speakers, and there's plenty of room for the 6'2" passengers. It's a great value for the money. The dealer installed the low profile spoiler and tinted the windows. Now we really look cool! We researched and test drove a couple SUVs as well as the Corolla and Accord. They couldn't compare to the Civic's ride and reputation for dependability.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, plenty of safety features, stylish interior, keyless entry, good looks, smooth ride, sound system, plenty of storage areas, easy to read dash display. Great value for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Feel like I have a small blind spot on the front driver's side that I don't notice on the right. Might be due to the slope of the windshield. I am getting into the habit of checking the little 'wing' window for objects. Offer more exterior color choices.

Gas Saver
By Mr Camry

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my LX automatic for 1,000 miles. First tank of gas, I averaged 32 MPG. Second tank averaged 35 MPG! I am impressed by the fuel efficiency.

Favorite Features

Automatic door lock after car is in drive mode.

Suggested Improvements

The headrest protrudes forward - uncomfortable head position. The nose of the car is very low that I cannot see the hood at all - I have hard time parking, not knowing how much room I have in front.

By L B

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The window sticker says to expect 29 MPG. That did not happen in 7 of 11 fill ups. The AC continues to be a thorn in my side. Only cools good on max air recirculating. Switching to outside air makes my temperature probe go up 15 degrees. It's a fun car to drive; it's quiet and peppy; but MPG and AC are big distract ors.

Favorite Features

Gauges; style, turning radius, fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Install a functional AC system; one that works at low speeds. Allow trans to shift into top gear at low speeds and light pedal pressure.

A/C system unsatisfactory
By leggo

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Test drove two different Honda Civic's today. In both, the A/C cooling dropped to 50% of normal when idling at a light. Only cool when moving. On takeoff, hot air blows through vents because sensor apparently shuts A/C off during hard acceleration. The A/C and cooling fans in this car are unsatisfactory. Dealer said they've had alot of complaints about it. Can't believe Honda let this one out the door. I'll pass on the Civic and Accord. Accord didn't handle/ride very well. Nice car but overrated.

Favorite Features

Civic: handling was great. Peppy.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the a/c system