2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Best N/A car under 25K
By John on 02/02/08 00:56 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car handles great with LSD. Acceleration was nothing spectacular when not pushed but it was very smooth in the process. I really liked the futuristic spaceship design on the exterior and interior. It really does stand out from the crowd and yes, you do get stares when sitting in traffic as if they're seeing a UFO. I've also noticed that this car has huge blindspots all around. Exhaust note is nice during warmer days and sounds droning during colder days even with the car fully warmed up. Ergonomics are excellent as it is driver-oriented. Driving impressions of this car is that it is a race car without a race car price tag.

2008 Honda Civic EX
By Monty007 on 02/01/08 22:55 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Performance for a 4 cylinder is amazing, hp is designed to kick in at speeds of 30mph or more, great passing power, quiet engine, low torque so acceleration is average. The ex coupe ride is firm, seats are comfortable, they remind me of racing seats that keep you securely in place. Tires are a bit noisy but grip well in dry or wet conditions, avg. grip in snow. Wiper blades are speed sensitive + have a built in rain-x feature that coats your windshield with a rain repellent each time the wipers pass over the windshield. I drive 100% in the city and am getting about 21 mpg, includes warming up my car for 3-5 minutes each morning and accelerating like an old granny.

Don't hesitate for a moment!
By nwarmouth on 01/31/08 07:38 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Civic and by leaps and bounds the best. I cross shopped the Prius and GTI and found the former's too soft handling and the latter's prem fuel thirst and economy off-putting. I'd vowed never to get WORSE mileage than my '02 Civic but wanted heated seats, XM and a more planted, composed and quiet ride, in a hatch if possible. The last wasn't to be but on all other counts, the Civic was the best choice out there. It is vastly more quiet than the previous gen. and feels almost as planted as a Euro car. Mileage is 30+ after 1500mi and should improve. I think this is an ideal commuter car with enough creature comforts and fit/finish to compete with cars far more expensive.

2008 Honda Civic EX
By bellaloo08 on 01/24/08 18:55 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove so many cars (Camry Hybrid & 4 cyl, Prius, Altima, VW GTI, Highlander, CRV, G35)! My most recent car was a 00 Mercury Cougar, 5 spd V6. I was seeking better MPG and more room since I frequently take road trips and don't pack lightly. I wanted something that held its value and wouldn't constantly be in the shop. So far I am THRILLED! I love my Civic more and more every time I drive it! I get a combined 34-38 MPG! I drove it from FL to NC, NC to FL and back again. I averaged about 40-42 MPG! I am also very comfortable when I am driving! I like the fact it's quick and blind spots aren't too bad either. They can be so much worse. Road noise can be pronounced at times.

Saab story over.
By mike crowley on 01/24/08 12:14 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had a 2003 Saab 9-3, but did not want to spend 30 plus for another car and the headache of a "european import". The Civic Si is as fun, or more fun to drive than the Saab 9-3 was. The Saab was fun to drive that is when it was not in the shop. Think twice before a 30-40 thousand dollar car and check out the Si! A fantastic little pocket rocket inside and out!

Most bang for your buck!
By Lou on 01/22/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I evaluated the Toyota and Scion models prior to purchasing the Honda Civic. In the end, it was the build quality and my previous knowledge of Honda reliablity (and a great deal of homework and test driving) that resulted in this Honda sale. I enjoy the peppy drive of the manual transmission and the gas mileage is great (so far, 31mpg in mixed driving). If you read this, stop, and go buy one, you will not regret it! It is truly the 'biggest' small car you will ever find.

So far pretty good
By grk on 01/21/08 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a small car. All small cars I test drove were only 128 hp. Upgrade to 140 hp for a marginal price increase and similar gas mileage was the main reason for us to buy this car. Milage was low intially but picked to 33 mpg for half freeway and half within city driving conditions. I wish they had remote trunk popup button on the key.

So Much Fun
By Matt on 01/20/08 14:03 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

As a recent college grad, this was my first new car purchase. I spent months (literally) trying to find a something fun/practical/economical/sporty/stylish /etc. all wrapped into one. Before, I drove a '95 Mazda Millenia which was great. My first Honda experience has been amazing so far. I was warned the Si was a true sports car. This is not a lie. Gears 2 through 5 really have some power, especially in the higher RPM's (redlines at 8000). With a little time, the clutch is fairly user friendly. Navigation system is easy to use and the sound system is better than advertised (built in sub really kicks hard). I bought this car to have some fun and so far Honda has delivered.

Best bang for your buck
By Chris G on 01/19/08 22:30 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It was between this car or a 4dr GTI. The ride is amazing. The handling is perfect and responsive. I was in an Altima SER, so going from 261 to 197hp I'm going to have to say it is slow. It has good pick up and it's hard to red-line :). The nav is worth it. I'm a pilot so I have a good sense of direction... thought I'd never use it. Once I played around with it for a while and studied up on it I really learned to enjoy it. The tires could be a little stickier. I do a lot of city driving and I'm getting about 24mpg average and I am shifting around 4500 to 5000 rpm on average. I use the car.

This is a good car
By K on 01/19/08 14:12 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy this car. I have owned the civic ex 2008 for one day. I previously owned a civic but in August of 2006 I purchased a Mazda6. The Mazda was a nice car but It did not provide me a lot of Mpg. and the interior control panel was bland. Consequently, after owning the Mazda6 for 4 months, I decided to trade the car in yesterday for something more gas efficient. I am happy with my purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.