2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2008 Honda Civic EX
By bellaloo08 on 01/24/08 18:55 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove so many cars (Camry Hybrid & 4 cyl, Prius, Altima, VW GTI, Highlander, CRV, G35)! My most recent car was a 00 Mercury Cougar, 5 spd V6. I was seeking better MPG and more room since I frequently take road trips and don't pack lightly. I wanted something that held its value and wouldn't constantly be in the shop. So far I am THRILLED! I love my Civic more and more every time I drive it! I get a combined 34-38 MPG! I drove it from FL to NC, NC to FL and back again. I averaged about 40-42 MPG! I am also very comfortable when I am driving! I like the fact it's quick and blind spots aren't too bad either. They can be so much worse. Road noise can be pronounced at times.

Saab story over.
By mike crowley on 01/24/08 12:14 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had a 2003 Saab 9-3, but did not want to spend 30 plus for another car and the headache of a "european import". The Civic Si is as fun, or more fun to drive than the Saab 9-3 was. The Saab was fun to drive that is when it was not in the shop. Think twice before a 30-40 thousand dollar car and check out the Si! A fantastic little pocket rocket inside and out!

Most bang for your buck!
By Lou on 01/22/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I evaluated the Toyota and Scion models prior to purchasing the Honda Civic. In the end, it was the build quality and my previous knowledge of Honda reliablity (and a great deal of homework and test driving) that resulted in this Honda sale. I enjoy the peppy drive of the manual transmission and the gas mileage is great (so far, 31mpg in mixed driving). If you read this, stop, and go buy one, you will not regret it! It is truly the 'biggest' small car you will ever find.

So far pretty good
By grk on 01/21/08 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a small car. All small cars I test drove were only 128 hp. Upgrade to 140 hp for a marginal price increase and similar gas mileage was the main reason for us to buy this car. Milage was low intially but picked to 33 mpg for half freeway and half within city driving conditions. I wish they had remote trunk popup button on the key.

So Much Fun
By Matt on 01/20/08 14:03 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

As a recent college grad, this was my first new car purchase. I spent months (literally) trying to find a something fun/practical/economical/sporty/stylish /etc. all wrapped into one. Before, I drove a '95 Mazda Millenia which was great. My first Honda experience has been amazing so far. I was warned the Si was a true sports car. This is not a lie. Gears 2 through 5 really have some power, especially in the higher RPM's (redlines at 8000). With a little time, the clutch is fairly user friendly. Navigation system is easy to use and the sound system is better than advertised (built in sub really kicks hard). I bought this car to have some fun and so far Honda has delivered.

Best bang for your buck
By Chris G on 01/19/08 22:30 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It was between this car or a 4dr GTI. The ride is amazing. The handling is perfect and responsive. I was in an Altima SER, so going from 261 to 197hp I'm going to have to say it is slow. It has good pick up and it's hard to red-line :). The nav is worth it. I'm a pilot so I have a good sense of direction... thought I'd never use it. Once I played around with it for a while and studied up on it I really learned to enjoy it. The tires could be a little stickier. I do a lot of city driving and I'm getting about 24mpg average and I am shifting around 4500 to 5000 rpm on average. I use the car.

This is a good car
By K on 01/19/08 14:12 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy this car. I have owned the civic ex 2008 for one day. I previously owned a civic but in August of 2006 I purchased a Mazda6. The Mazda was a nice car but It did not provide me a lot of Mpg. and the interior control panel was bland. Consequently, after owning the Mazda6 for 4 months, I decided to trade the car in yesterday for something more gas efficient. I am happy with my purchase.

Good Car, but Pricey
By Micheleathome on 01/18/08 08:09 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Civic EX-L two weeks ago. My previous car was a Maxima so this is very different. The Civic is no longer a cheap car to buy. The final price was over 22K. It is probably worth it though. The coupe is fun to drive and handles the road well. The car gets around 26 miles to the gallon so far in city driving using regular grade gas. Most of the controls are easy to use. The steering wheel is in the way of the tachometer (located on the lower tier of the dashboard). I don't need to see it anyway. The only problems so far are a dashboard rattle and the driver's side door handle keeps loosening. There is also a big blind spot in the coupe.

Expected Better Gas Mileage
By JVM on 01/15/08 13:39 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love the way the car handles. It feels like a sports car. At first glance, I did not like the new dash, however, it really grows on you. The only item I was disappointed in was fuel mileage. I was expecting at least 30 to 31 mpg in city/highway driving, but I am only averaging 27/28 mpg. I do drive for fuel economy; so hopefully when the car is broken in more, the mileage will improve.

Kudos to Honda!
By dhectorg on 01/15/08 09:35 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This si sedan is almost everything I hoped it would be. It's dangerously fun to drive (got pulled over day after I picked it up...be careful!). It handles better than some cars way out of it's price range. rRdes a bit stiff, but that's expected from a performance suspension. I love the exhaust note at pretty much any engine speed. It sounds menacing. But the best part about driving this car is the instant thrust and hieghtened exhaust note that you feel and hear at 6000+rpm. It's like somebody let a mad dog out. Pure adrenaline!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Civic in NJ is:

$226 per month*