2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 5

2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Love my Civic in sunny weather
By Des Moines on 02/10/10 08:07 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car over 2 years. Love to drive it except during the winter. It pretty much leaves me stranded - can't navigate the snow and has poor traction - even with snow tires. If there is more than 1 inch snow predicted, I stay home or drive our truck.

Honda Civic 2008
By dave on 02/03/10 13:36 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Front brakes grab unevenly, right front side vibrate and make noise braking on uneven pavement. Muffler exhaust makes putt-putt sound. Have 5K miles on it. Otherwise good car.

Still lovin this car
By JohnR1980 on 01/18/10 17:12 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my civic 4dr. ex for almost 2 yrs. Just went over 50k, and still love my car. 35 mpg city and highway. People tell me it looks like a little 07 Acura TL. Ride comfort is great, so long trips for me, not a problem. The civic might have cost a little more than most, but this is my 8th Honda, and won't drive anything else but a HONDA

Love this car
By Dave on 01/17/10 08:58 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had the heated seat feature installed without the leather - great idea. I also worked the rear view mirror with glare repellent and direction in the deal as well - great idea too. With tinted windows and the rear wing, I find this car every bit as classy as models 3 times the cost. High end tires have helped tremendously - Honda sells them new with a really bad tire.

Winter Performance
By palmdove on 01/13/10 18:13 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have been very happy with my 2008 Civic since I purchased it last fall. It was slightly used as it was the demo car at the dealership. I only started to have a problem when the snow and cold weather arrived last winter. I found that the design of the wheel wells does not leave room to clear away built up snow and ice. I find it gathers there and makes turning difficult at times. It is very hard to clear it away as the area is so tight. On other cars it's easy to just tap it away with your foot etc. I've discovered the only real way of clearing it is with a high pressure hose. I do find this a bit of a design flaw and maybe could be improved!

The resale value was good at least!
By Tara on 12/12/09 17:35 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car after owning a 1997 Toyota Camry. Except for a bum battery, I regretted trading that old car for the civic. The ride is rough in a civic, I got stuck numerous times in snow and ice -had to get every spec of snow from my drive way so that I wouldn't get stuck. The brakes are awful. They slip, and I can feel them vibrating when coming to a stop. I thought something was wrong until I took them to 2 mechanics, both of whom told me the brakes were fine. It was otherwise dependable, only stranded me once, after almost two years of long distance driving. But I'm tired of fearing winter so I'm trading it in for something that handles better. Got a decent price for it at least!

Great car but....
By relay4bl on 12/03/09 11:25 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The 2008 Civic LX is a great little car to drive around. Iíve had no major problems to date except for the one Iím going to talk about later. It drives well and handles the road nicely. I drive a mix of city and highway to get to work. Road noise is a slight issue but you want to eliminate it, buy a luxury car and pay more $$$. The stock tires are cheap (go figure) and youíll probably replace them around 25K Ė 35K miles if youíre not an aggressive driver. The only problem Iíve had and is an issue on the two previous yearís models is a cracked engine block. This doesnít happen to all Civics in the model years I mentioned, but there are enough for Honda to send out a bulletin about it

Style nice, reliability questionable
By Richie on 11/04/09 09:09 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

At 57,000 miles, overall the car has been ok, but, I have had both rear wheel bearings and the rear control arms replaced. This was due to a factory problem which caused a rear tire to severely cup. All OEM tires were replaced at 45,000. The past 10,000 miles the transmission is making strange clinking noises when accelerating from a stop. A low roar has developed in the exhaust system. The car handles well but road noise is still a problem. Comfort isn't too bad but the emergency brake handle needs to be relocated. Overall I like the car but I will be trading in for a new Accord as I no longer need a commuter car.

Good car, Good price
By b13 on 11/01/09 22:14 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, owned since new. Low cost of ownership; I have not spent any money other than for oil changes (20k on car). The cockpit design is great, more storage space than needed. Fuel mileage is a steady 29-30mpg, 40mpg is attainable on the highway. Very stable in corners. The stock tires (Bridgestone) do not last very long. Replacements with a higher tread wear should be purchased. The A-pillar blocks a greater portion of your viewable area, more so than a standard A- pillar. This can be dangerous in areas of high foot traffic. Acceleration in the lower RPM's can cause cringing. However, above 4.5k the car has plenty of power for acceleration. Road noise is pronounced.

Car Stinks
By mark primrose on 10/30/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first and last Honda I will ever buy, I have had nothing but problems with the car from day one. Headlights fell out, interior is falling apart, windows have broke, power window motors went out, transmission is going out, had the cheapest tires money could buy on the car when purchased. Heater vent went bad, radio controls are barely working, the car is horrible, bought it for its good mileage and reliability. Haven't encountered either one.