Used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 269 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Time will tell
By CB

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had 2 weeks. Front seats uncomfortable, loud road noise, choppy sound on highway. Had MT for 12 years don!t know what!s normal for AT. Driveway has very slight slant, when I park car and I put it in park and let go of brake the car rolls back more than I like before stopping, don't know if all automatics roll that much or if mine has an issue. Very low bassy type sound when holding at steady speeds. 37+ mpg mixed right now (2 tanks). Only on high idle when intermittent wipers activate the idle slightly raises momentarily. Tranny shifts great but sometimes when just about completely stopped get weird feeling. Maybe just starts downshift as come to a stop. Maybe not tranny, hard to explain

Drives great, Steering, brakes, looks, gas mileage.

Lighted area for ignition key. Heated outside mirrors. Comfortable seats. Different tires, Some Civics have Bridgestone Turanzas, maybe they are quieter I know they are better than the Goodyear Eagle RS-A I have on mine. Trunk release on key. Parts of door panel do scratch easily. Sunglass holder.

honda rocks!!
By sj

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

it takes 38 dollars to fill this car up - need i say more? and I am getting 30-40 mpg (city/hwy) - this car will pay for itself quickly!!

Cute, cute, cute! Gas mileage, reliability, resale value- the list goes on and on!

Improved sound system, remote trunk opener- neither one comes even close to being a deal breaker!

Really like the civic
By Joe

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had our new civic for ~2weeks now and really like it. Thought I wouldn't like the futuristic dash but actually like it now that I've used it. Managed 30 mpg on first tank (mixed driving) and hope it keeps getting better. Traded our full size truck as we commute to work 50+ miles per day round trip. Miss the ability to throw stuff in the truck bed sometimes but the improvement in fuel economy is phenomenal! Great car, A+++

Fuel mileage, excellent handling, build quality & materials for compact car are very good, that new car smell:)

Would be nice to have lumbar support, seatback storage on front passenger side seat only (seems odd), radio could be a bit better but minor issue.

Ugly car, great gas mileage!!
By ChrisC

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall the car is very well built and it gets great gas mileage; average is 28 mpg city. Not much as far as highway's here in Hawaii, so I can't speak for that part. It is a bit of adjustment for me coming from my G35, but the gas savings more than makes up for it.

The digital speedo.

A little more sound deadening. Suffers too much from road noise.

Drifting to the Right
By bafoley

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my first Honda after doing much research on the fuel economy of cars. I bought it new with six miles on it and have had problems with it drifting to the right. I have had it in four times already. First time they did a front end alignment which had failed. It still pulled to the right. Returned that day and they switched tires from rear to front and said it was a radial pull and they put all new tires on it. It continues to drift and now they are telling me it is the road and all Hondas drift to the right. It never pulls left. They also scratched my paint up on the visit with their complimentary wash. Very unhappy!!!

Honda Corporate has been no help; very poor customer service/satisfaction