Used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

honda rocks!!
By sj

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

it takes 38 dollars to fill this car up - need i say more? and I am getting 30-40 mpg (city/hwy) - this car will pay for itself quickly!!

Favorite Features

Cute, cute, cute! Gas mileage, reliability, resale value- the list goes on and on!

Suggested Improvements

Improved sound system, remote trunk opener- neither one comes even close to being a deal breaker!

Really like the civic
By Joe

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had our new civic for ~2weeks now and really like it. Thought I wouldn't like the futuristic dash but actually like it now that I've used it. Managed 30 mpg on first tank (mixed driving) and hope it keeps getting better. Traded our full size truck as we commute to work 50+ miles per day round trip. Miss the ability to throw stuff in the truck bed sometimes but the improvement in fuel economy is phenomenal! Great car, A+++

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage, excellent handling, build quality & materials for compact car are very good, that new car smell:)

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to have lumbar support, seatback storage on front passenger side seat only (seems odd), radio could be a bit better but minor issue.

Ugly car, great gas mileage!!
By ChrisC

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall the car is very well built and it gets great gas mileage; average is 28 mpg city. Not much as far as highway's here in Hawaii, so I can't speak for that part. It is a bit of adjustment for me coming from my G35, but the gas savings more than makes up for it.

Favorite Features

The digital speedo.

Suggested Improvements

A little more sound deadening. Suffers too much from road noise.

Drifting to the Right
By bafoley

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my first Honda after doing much research on the fuel economy of cars. I bought it new with six miles on it and have had problems with it drifting to the right. I have had it in four times already. First time they did a front end alignment which had failed. It still pulled to the right. Returned that day and they switched tires from rear to front and said it was a radial pull and they put all new tires on it. It continues to drift and now they are telling me it is the road and all Hondas drift to the right. It never pulls left. They also scratched my paint up on the visit with their complimentary wash. Very unhappy!!!

Suggested Improvements

Honda Corporate has been no help; very poor customer service/satisfaction

I Love Honda Cars!!
By stinkywiselteets

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 6th time buying a Honda. 9 between my wife and me. I have the civic, navy blue. She has and Accord. I love driving the Civic more so than driving her Accord. It handles quite well and gets great gas mileage. I love the way it feels inside and out.Bought the extended warranty, not like I'll never need it.

Favorite Features

I love the sleek design, even on the inside. It's like sitting in a space ship. power everything, keyless entry, and the timing chain instead of a belt.

Suggested Improvements

Rear windshield wiper.