Used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 270 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Above Average
By Ronnie

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Honda Civic LX 4 door sedan (5 speed manual). Overall, it appears to be a great car. It seems to be a notch or so down from my first Civic (1993 bought new). I traded in my 2003 4 door Tacoma P/U due to a wreck and rising fuel costs so I have had a bit of an adjustment. Fit-and-finish is good as typical from Honda. For the price I paid minus my trade in, it was a good trade off.

Fuel economy is great - I am averaging 34 MPG. Excellent fit-and-finish. VERY stable ride

The factory stereo sounds incredibly hollow. The "tan" interior is actually a light tan/yellow and shows dirt VERY easily. The blue illumination of the dash at night is distractingly bright (even at the dimmest settings). The dash is HUGE. Pronounced road noise. No factory tint available

Loving my new Honda
By jgsw

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After 4 months of research and looking at the Fit, Yaris, Prius, Corolla, Elantra and Sentra. This was our best financial decision when factoring safety, cost to own, and fuel economy. I love the fact that oil changes are at 10,000 mile intervals. I considered a hybrid, but an oil change for that in Austin is about $50. Factoring the extra $8k, this was more economical, yet still providing excellent fuel economy. I really enjoy my new civic. I only wish I had purchased it sooner.

The easy to read dash and speedometer. It was an adjustment, but I like it. The great visibility. MP3 jack, power windows, doors, floor mats were all included w/ the LX. Locked gas tank, 3 keys including a valet key. The key is also the remote. Very different than my Chevy.

It would be nice if the radio would display the songs being played. It displays on cd's, but not the radio. The dash interior isn't the worst in the class, but it could be better.

Best car ever...
By rtorzynski

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda makes great cars. We've owned a Pilot since 2003 and aside from the mileage, it's fantastic. Needed a car with better mileage, though. Hence the Civic. With three kids, the Civic is ideal for running around town, and also long trips. This is my wife's car, but I love the leather and moonroof and it's got a fairly good stereo. Recently drove to Albany and back (around 450 miles total) and averaged about 35.5 mpg - on the NYS Thruway averaging around 73 mph. Mileage would probably be around 38 if driven at 60 mph. I have no complaints about this car. We bought the extra warranty for added peace of mind, but I have confidence in Honda -- doubt we'll ever use it.

Outstanding mileage. Twice as good as the Honda Pilot. The Leather seats are very comfortable. Seat heaters will come in handy in the winter (Upstate, NY). Moonroof is very nice, interior overall is very nice. Handling is good.

As has been mentioned in other reviews, power seats would be nice - my wife would like them anyway, doesn't matter much to me. Only slight problem I've noticed is the gas fill cover doesn't seem to pop open as easy as it should. Other than that this is an awesome car!

Very economical
By Brant

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Traded out of a V6 Accord due to my long daily commute and gas prices. Got 37 MPG first tank - 80% highway. This is a nice little economy car that is well equipped and reasonably entertaining to drive. I am 6'2" and could use a little more seat travel and the seats themselves won't be fun on long trips but that isn't what I bought the car for. The OEM Goodyear tires were "squishy" and didn't inspire confidence around corners or on the highway. I already swapped them out and am far more pleased with the replacements. My Accord had Michelin Pilot Exalto's and they served me well. The drive train is relatively refined and the 5 speed manual is less notchy than the 6 speed in my Accord.

Gas mileage. Attractive design both in and out. Ipod aux port. Good stereo. Fun to drive for an inexpensive car.

Tires - the OEM Eagle RS-A's are horrible. Seats - need more travel and are not comfortable for larger folks.

Great value
By John

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. I have driven this car over 700 miles and love it. It has been great on gas, 50/50 city/highway driving and I have been getting an average of 32 mpg. I find the seats to be very comfortable and love the dash board. Lots of room for a small car. I have two children and they both fit well in the back seat. The car is smooth shifting and relatively a quiet ride. I would highly recommend this car to a friend.

The Dash board, seats, miles per gallon, look of the car inside and out.

Xm radio, better paint job (scratches easily), radio controls on the steering wheel, does not take large bumps very well.