Used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

New 2008 Honda Civic EX-L With NAV Auto
By Scott

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda has really made a great car in all aspects. First, it drives like a champ. There is no noise at high speeds on the highway. Second, the Nav and EM radio is by far the best. However, Honda needs to make the voice recognition better. It sometimes does not execute the right command. We love the EM radio. I don't know how I lived without it for all of these years. The only complaint that I have is when were turned on the Air for the first Time we smelled rotten egg smell. I spoke with Honda and they said that it could be the catalytic converter. And maybe it might be they gas that the dealer put in. I also googled this problem. I found a wealth of information concerning this smell

The Navigation is outstanding. We also like the illumination and position of the speedometer

Better NAV Hands free voice recognition. Power Seats

Very Happy Guy
By Walt

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Leased car two weeks ago. Superior road handling--steering is sports car responsive. Car is very quiet and very comfy on long trip. Drove over 600 miles over Memorial Day road trip. MPG for the trip was just over 39. My commute is 50 miles round trip and have been thrilled to have made the decision to lease this car. Very reasonable payments--under $275 per month. I will have to drive my old car a few days a month to stay under 15K miles per year, but that is O.K.-- gives my wife a chance to drive it occasionally. Dealer experience was very positive.

Very reasonable to lease. Easy on gas. What is not to like? Transmission shifts very smoothly. The engine and tranny slow the car down nicely when decelerating; thus reducing the brake effort necessary to stop the car.

None

I Hesitate to Ask
By David W. Conver

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love my new Civic Hybrid. Traded in my '05 Accord Hybrid which averaged 29 mixed. I now get up to 47 mpg in the civic. My one concern is that sometimes from a dead stop (and I do mean "dead" stop) the car will buck and hesitate as I accelerate. If I let off the gas it will stop and not present a problem. I am guessing that its the transmission trying to figure out a synchromesh gear to move into. Hope someone has some thoughts. Cheers. DWC

47 mpg. Did I mention 47 mpg!

Stop that bucking from a dead stop.

Civic exceeds my expectations!
By da_doo_dah_man

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee for a more gas sufficient car. I was considering getting the Hybrid Civic, but after seeing how the hybrid engine sounded with 3 people inside I decided to go with the Civic LX. I am very happy with the purchase. The LX exceeds my expectations in every way. The only thing that I feel bad about the whole deal is trading in and leaving the old car behind, after so many years together it seems like such a cheap way to go out.

Sporty steering and handling, interior and exterior design, easy to wash car,

The civic has a nicer stereo than my jeep, but I still wish I had the 6 speakers stereo on the EX. Wish the horn didn't sound like a scooter bike. Civic is assembled in Canada, US, & Japan. I'd suggest looking at all 3 before making your decision, it maybe minor but it makes all the difference.

Above Average
By Ronnie

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Honda Civic LX 4 door sedan (5 speed manual). Overall, it appears to be a great car. It seems to be a notch or so down from my first Civic (1993 bought new). I traded in my 2003 4 door Tacoma P/U due to a wreck and rising fuel costs so I have had a bit of an adjustment. Fit-and-finish is good as typical from Honda. For the price I paid minus my trade in, it was a good trade off.

Fuel economy is great - I am averaging 34 MPG. Excellent fit-and-finish. VERY stable ride

The factory stereo sounds incredibly hollow. The "tan" interior is actually a light tan/yellow and shows dirt VERY easily. The blue illumination of the dash at night is distractingly bright (even at the dimmest settings). The dash is HUGE. Pronounced road noise. No factory tint available

• SUV