Used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Gas Saver
By Mr Camry

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my LX automatic for 1,000 miles. First tank of gas, I averaged 32 MPG. Second tank averaged 35 MPG! I am impressed by the fuel efficiency.

Automatic door lock after car is in drive mode.

The headrest protrudes forward - uncomfortable head position. The nose of the car is very low that I cannot see the hood at all - I have hard time parking, not knowing how much room I have in front.

By L B

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The window sticker says to expect 29 MPG. That did not happen in 7 of 11 fill ups. The AC continues to be a thorn in my side. Only cools good on max air recirculating. Switching to outside air makes my temperature probe go up 15 degrees. It's a fun car to drive; it's quiet and peppy; but MPG and AC are big distract ors.

Gauges; style, turning radius, fit and finish.

Install a functional AC system; one that works at low speeds. Allow trans to shift into top gear at low speeds and light pedal pressure.

A/C system unsatisfactory
By leggo

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Test drove two different Honda Civic's today. In both, the A/C cooling dropped to 50% of normal when idling at a light. Only cool when moving. On takeoff, hot air blows through vents because sensor apparently shuts A/C off during hard acceleration. The A/C and cooling fans in this car are unsatisfactory. Dealer said they've had alot of complaints about it. Can't believe Honda let this one out the door. I'll pass on the Civic and Accord. Accord didn't handle/ride very well. Nice car but overrated.

Civic: handling was great. Peppy.

Fix the a/c system

Excellent car overall
By Valerie Phillips

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have only driven the car a few thousand miles, but enough to know what a wonderful car it is! When I traded, my car payment increased approx. $50.00, however I have saved over $100.00 in gas each of the past 2 months. The ride is very pleasant and the overall workmanship of the car is great. There a few minor irritations, however I would definitely choose this vehicle again. I do wish that I would have gotten an EX-L with Navigation.

My favorite feature is the digital speedometer and the soft blue glow of the instrumentation at night. I also like the smaller steering wheel.

The headrests are too big and push my head forward in an uncomfortable position. To alleviate some of this I raised the headrests all the way up. The radio reception is very poor. Satellite radio should be standard. The drivers seat should have a standard adjustable lumbar support.

Love at first sight
By FD

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my Honda LX for 2 weeks. The moment I sat down in it and put my hand on the 5 speed shifter I fell in love. On my first trip I got 37 mpg and since I have gotten 44 and 45 mpg. I drive conservatively about 60 -65 mph. I have always bought Toyota but couldn't find a 5 speed in my color and thought I'd look at the competition. Glad I did. Beautiful car. It came with a slight problem with the am radio reception but I'm getting that repaired at the dealer. Don't drive the civic five speed or you won't be able to turn it loose. I had a Toyota Supra and this car is just as much fun to drive and I find myself looking for an excuse to drive it.

looks,economy,dependability of Honda, comfort, the smoothness of the 5 speed,the feeling of quality and the performance. When you are passing semi trucks you don't feel the car flinch like in some small cars.

remote trunk release on key, bigger arm rest/center console.