2008 Honda Civic DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My First Honda
By My first Honda on 12/08/07 22:43 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I can honestly say that I was very unhappy when my fiancee decided he wanted to trade both of our higher end vehicles in on a new Honda Civic. He had owned a 2000 Civic and loved that car. He kept telling me that I would love the new one more every day. I was skeptical, but he was right. I love this car! The interior is much more comfortable than I expected and a lot bigger too. I love the fact that I can hook my iPod right into it. The exterior is just the right amount of sporty for me. I thought the 4 cyclinder engine would be a problem but it has plenty of get up and go and a very quiet and smooth ride. The best thing, the two-tiered dash with the blue lights. I love that!

A nice car
By dan on 12/08/07 19:01 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Been driving this for less than a month now, it has 1200 miles on it. So far it absolutely amazing. It's really fun to drive, Great care for a good deal. You can always buy more comfortable seat add-ons. Blind spot can be easily fixed. Just adjust mirror to see more of the next lane, so all you have to do is turn head once and look at in mirror. Parking is not an issue, can always reverse and re-park. Kinda huge, but its fine.

Excellent
By honda from now on on 12/07/07 09:12 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for the past month and I love it. I took two long trips and during one I got 31 mpg. The other was a whopping 34.8 mpg I am loving this at the pump. The car is fun to drive and is very peppy. I came from a large SUV and although the ride is quite different, I wouldn't trade my Honda for anything.

Great car
By Bob on 11/23/07 16:23 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had the car two weeks and love it!! Fun to drive, peppy, great package for the price, outstanding fuel mileage, avg 30 mpg and the leather interior brings the car up to a new level of luxury.

Happy New Civic Owner
By NewHondaOwner on 11/09/07 03:42 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove a number of cars, including the Prius, the Accord, a Mazda 3, a Camry, a MazdaSpeed 3, and a Ford Focus. For the price, it can't be beat. Just an amazing car for an amazing deal. It handled better than any of those cars. Not quite as comfortable as the Camry, but it's a lot cheaper.

Very happy with the 2008 Civic
By Bravesirrobin on 11/05/07 09:52 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently decided to get rid of my VW Passat and get something more reliable. I loved how the Passat handled, but the Honda Civic seems just as good. My Passat was sluggish to get going and stopping quickly. The Civic is much peppier and easier to come to a quick stop. Great car for the money.

Fun and Great Value
By Laura on 11/05/07 07:44 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am very particular about cars and this Civic exceeds my expectations. I opted for the EX L with a manual transmission and absolutely love it. Interior is very nice especially compared to the other cars I've owned and the ones I test drove before purchasing this one. Stereo has a nice sound, seats are super comfortable-love the wrap around feature. Easy for me to get in and out of the car. Like the button that remotely pops trunk. Manual transmission is smooth. Steering is nice and easy. Handles corners well. Fold down rear seats are great. For the price, this is an excellent car and value. If you want BMW features then you will have to pay a BMW price.

EX-L 2008 So far, so good...
By Kevman on 11/03/07 07:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Got my EX-L 2 weeks ago. First tank of gas highway driving 34MPG. Very happy with that. Seat not the most comfortable, but OK. Needs Lumbar support. Pickup not too good, but to be expected. Alot of fun to drive. Should have auto-dimming mirror on EX-L model.

This is Fun to Drive!
By rn5 on 11/03/07 04:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second new Civic in two months! After driving my first new 2007 for 3 weeks, a drunk hit me on the driver's side. The side air bags went off perfectly and I walked away from my totaled car. I guess this speaks to the car's safety. Since I purchased an end of 2007 Civic and I liked the car, I went ahead and purchased a 2008-same exact model/color. The new 2008 differs from the 2007 with the addition of a handy tire pressure monitor (which went off a couple of days) and the absence of a key entrance for the for the trunk. Very fun to drive. Excellent handling and braking. Good acceleration. Mileage so far has been 31 (city/hwy).

Smart buy but not perfect
By Kindway on 10/22/07 12:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Honda, following a '91 Civic, a '96 Accord, and an '05 CR-V. I traded in the Accord for this Civic and was a little disappointed in how "hard" the seats and interior space feel compared to an eleven-year- old car. I know the cars are in two different segments; still, I would've liked to discover that that decade plus brought more refinement. This Civic feels much the way my '91 Civic felt back then when it was new. Nevertheless, it is reasonably comfortable and roomy enough for a six-footer and his 5'11" wife and their two children. The manual shifter is smooth, and the engine feels strong for a car this size. Especially pleasant is the handling; it rides more like a Jetta.