2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Expected Better Gas Mileage
By JVM on 01/15/08 13:39 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love the way the car handles. It feels like a sports car. At first glance, I did not like the new dash, however, it really grows on you. The only item I was disappointed in was fuel mileage. I was expecting at least 30 to 31 mpg in city/highway driving, but I am only averaging 27/28 mpg. I do drive for fuel economy; so hopefully when the car is broken in more, the mileage will improve.

First Impressions
By Step on 01/13/08 19:39 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first non-performance driven car and I am impressed with this 1.8L engine.(To give some background, I have had a 305 V8 and turbos on a small V6) It can get the job done. I test drove many other cars in this class and most felt like they would fall apart in 2 years. The Civic feels solid but only time will tell. The only big problem I have with this car is the road noise! I can be aweful at times! Need a premium radio just to drown out the noise! I am looking at options like dynamat and quitcar to help with the noise.

Excellent buy
By Shelly on 01/11/08 12:20 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned my Civic for about a month and am extremely satisfied with my purchase. I test drove a Toyota Camry and Honda Accord, but the Civic was a better sized car for me and still has the features I love.

After Three Months
By rn5 on 01/10/08 07:26 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 months of driving, I've settled in. The car is very fun to drive. Handling and braking: Superb. I am 5'6" and seating: Fine. Acceleration: very adequate. Stick shift: easy. Road noise: Not absent but certainly tolerable for conversations. Stereo is v.good and controls on the steering wheel are very handy. Plenty of storage in main compartment and trunk. The instrument panel takes very little to get used to. Panel can be adjusted for trip odometer (up to 2 trips), total mileage, outside temperature-nice. City/Hwy Mileage has been 31 steady. Hwy = 37/38. Moonroof is a must-fun! Only problem: Headlights needed adjustment (too low).

My first honda and stick.
By Ryan on 01/03/08 00:46 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the EX on the 31st of last month. I looked at everything Nissan, Mazda, Toyota, Subaru. This car had everything I wanted in a smaller car. Gas mileage is nice, performance is acceptable for what it has, braking and ride comfort is amazing for a small car. My previous car was an AT 95 Concorde, this thing quite a change of pace from that huge car. It feels very planted while driving, and this also being my first stick was fairly easy to learn on I think. I am finding excuses to drive it.

Reliable Sedan
By Norman Matoza on 12/30/07 08:01 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought recently my 2008 Honda Civic LXi 1.8 just one week. The best qualities that I like on this car is fuel cunsumption, space, comfort, and the power of the engine is like 2.0 liter.

Love this Civic
By Wally on 12/22/07 17:39 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned 6 Hondas since 1980 and "fell off the wagon" with a V6 Jetta purchase several years ago. Am I ever glad to be back. Looked at the '08 Accord and Camery, but the milage and the EX-L/Navi option sold me on the Civic. I'm getting 28 city over first 3 fill ups. With the mileage, navi, and XM, I can't wait to take it on an extended highway trip. Drove it through an inch ice storm and 7 inch snow fall last week with no problems at all.

Great Car
By bmidd31 on 12/18/07 07:58 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 7th Honda I have owned and already love it. I sold my 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL for this car. I was not happy with the Nissan and did not like the 28 MPG on a 4 cyl engine. The bottom line is Nisaan's are not Honda's.

Great car so far
By utgolfer on 12/11/07 17:39 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car after reviewing and driving all the cars in this class and this was the best value for me. I was just looking for good gas mileage and good reliability. I love driving this car and it gets good gas mileage, so hopefully the reliability will be there over time(because it's a Honda). I'm not quite sure about the stereo built into the dash yet because if I want to upgrade to an aftermarket stereo, it will be almost impossible. The stereo sounds fine though, so an upgrade might not be necessary. The seats are a little uncomfortable, but they seem the same as other sporty cars - it doesn't bother me. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

My First Honda
By My first Honda on 12/08/07 22:43 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I can honestly say that I was very unhappy when my fiancee decided he wanted to trade both of our higher end vehicles in on a new Honda Civic. He had owned a 2000 Civic and loved that car. He kept telling me that I would love the new one more every day. I was skeptical, but he was right. I love this car! The interior is much more comfortable than I expected and a lot bigger too. I love the fact that I can hook my iPod right into it. The exterior is just the right amount of sporty for me. I thought the 4 cyclinder engine would be a problem but it has plenty of get up and go and a very quiet and smooth ride. The best thing, the two-tiered dash with the blue lights. I love that!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.