Used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My First Civic
By K.D. Adams

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned Honda cars for years, but this is my first Civic. Pros: Stylish car, nice ride and performance, dependable Honda quality, good gas mileage. Con: A very deep dashboard makes it and the window difficult to clean if you are petite like me. Automatic door- locking feature interferes with accessibility after exiting the car and then trying to retrieve something inside the car.

Favorite Features

I like the positioning of the speedometer set above other dashboard instruments; and the LED style gas gauge.

Suggested Improvements

A better quality radio would be nice; and reduce the depth of the dashboard. Position the seat-adjusting bar closer to the front of the seat so it is easier to reach.

Good Car but Not Sure about Gas Mileage
By Marie

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got a Honda Civic as my second car, got my first when I was 16 and it was a Sunfire with AMAZING gas mileage but it was old and needed a new car. I liked the Civic for all its features but mostly the gas mileage but after 800 miles and 3 tanks later I am only getting 24.5 miles per gallon and don't understand why. I wanted 29 at least like it said! So I'm not happy but wondering if maybe there is a reason and if someone can tell me why I would very much appreciate it! I'm just a young girl who thought she did her research well. But other than that it's a GREAT car!

Favorite Features

sunroof, radio, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage bluetooth as an option

Everything about it is just great!
By Joseph K

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First off let me say how amazing this car is on gas millage. Driving to New York City from Buffalo has never been cheaper for me. Secondly, I am 6'4" and I fit wonderfully into this car. If you are as tall as I am I would highly recommend looking into this car. I am a second generation Honda owner and I honestly couldn't be happier with the design and performance of this civic. If you are looking for a fuel efficient car that gives a smooth ride and is fun to drive this is your ticket.

Favorite Features

Digital Dashboard, Gas Millage, place to plug in electronics as well as an MP3 jack.

Suggested Improvements

The emergency break's placement is a bit annoying, however its easy to position yourself so its not bothersome. Locking glove compartment.

My favorite car
By My favorite car

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought the 2008 Honda civic sedan LX and i love it. I have bought a lot of cars and this one has to be my favorite. I drove the accord it was great but i was just liking the civic more. The a/c isn't too great as everyone else says but i like to ride with the windows down anyway. The radio works really good. It has some get up and go when it's needed but definitely not the si. Other than the a/c the car is great!

Favorite Features

Display, Sleek and stylish, quiet

Suggested Improvements

I would just have to say a better a/c

Luv Our Hondas
By Honda Family

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Finally sold off the 93 DX MT model for a 2008 EX AT and couldn't be more satisfied. The EX gets 32 City with AC. Highway mileage is also impressive - we're getting 38 on the highway! Can't ask for a smoother, more quiet ride. Enjoying the keyless entry, remote trunk, 6 speakers, and there's plenty of room for the 6'2" passengers. It's a great value for the money. The dealer installed the low profile spoiler and tinted the windows. Now we really look cool! We researched and test drove a couple SUVs as well as the Corolla and Accord. They couldn't compare to the Civic's ride and reputation for dependability.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, plenty of safety features, stylish interior, keyless entry, good looks, smooth ride, sound system, plenty of storage areas, easy to read dash display. Great value for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Feel like I have a small blind spot on the front driver's side that I don't notice on the right. Might be due to the slope of the windshield. I am getting into the habit of checking the little 'wing' window for objects. Offer more exterior color choices.