2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2008 HONDA EX-L 4DR SEDAN W/O NAVIGATION
By TTN on 02/19/08 19:15 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first time buying a Honda Civic. I have a silver exterior with gray interior. The ride is smooth, I can not hear the engine running, roomy in front and back, love features such as MP3 player, heated seats, moonroof and seat elevation for driver side. For me being 5'2 and 110 pounds, this is the right size car for me. I just need to get used to the steering and controlling the vehicle. the only problem I have with this car for now, when I have my sunroof open in the highway, the car seem to swerve a bit so I have to close my sunroof a little bit. It seems to swerve once in awhile. What it needs it VSA!

No regrets!! It's true love :)
By lamb on 02/07/08 18:04 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove numerous cars. I wanted great MPG! I test drove the EX before I knew the EX-L was going to be produced. I thought the seats were horrible. Long story short, went to test drive the CRV again and while waiting on the salesman I looked around the showroom and saw the leather. The seats were incredible. I had no idea about the "extras" that this model had until reading postings about the LX and EX. The car has a lot of room for being a compact car. A lot of storage areas.

Glad I bought it!
By ggrec1 on 02/02/08 20:04 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car. I'm 6' tall and the seat & steering wheel adjust perfectly. The seat is comfortable and the 2 tiered dash is cool. I can see all the instruments perfectly. The shifter is smooth and the position and movement are just right. I owned a Pathfinder and to me the visibility is great. You can't see the hood while you are driving but it is so short it doesn't really matter. Also has a nice amount of power for a fuel efficient car. I definitely recommend it!

Don't hesitate for a moment!
By nwarmouth on 01/31/08 07:38 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Civic and by leaps and bounds the best. I cross shopped the Prius and GTI and found the former's too soft handling and the latter's prem fuel thirst and economy off-putting. I'd vowed never to get WORSE mileage than my '02 Civic but wanted heated seats, XM and a more planted, composed and quiet ride, in a hatch if possible. The last wasn't to be but on all other counts, the Civic was the best choice out there. It is vastly more quiet than the previous gen. and feels almost as planted as a Euro car. Mileage is 30+ after 1500mi and should improve. I think this is an ideal commuter car with enough creature comforts and fit/finish to compete with cars far more expensive.

2008 Honda Civic EX
By bellaloo08 on 01/24/08 18:55 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove so many cars (Camry Hybrid & 4 cyl, Prius, Altima, VW GTI, Highlander, CRV, G35)! My most recent car was a 00 Mercury Cougar, 5 spd V6. I was seeking better MPG and more room since I frequently take road trips and don't pack lightly. I wanted something that held its value and wouldn't constantly be in the shop. So far I am THRILLED! I love my Civic more and more every time I drive it! I get a combined 34-38 MPG! I drove it from FL to NC, NC to FL and back again. I averaged about 40-42 MPG! I am also very comfortable when I am driving! I like the fact it's quick and blind spots aren't too bad either. They can be so much worse. Road noise can be pronounced at times.

Most bang for your buck!
By Lou on 01/22/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I evaluated the Toyota and Scion models prior to purchasing the Honda Civic. In the end, it was the build quality and my previous knowledge of Honda reliablity (and a great deal of homework and test driving) that resulted in this Honda sale. I enjoy the peppy drive of the manual transmission and the gas mileage is great (so far, 31mpg in mixed driving). If you read this, stop, and go buy one, you will not regret it! It is truly the 'biggest' small car you will ever find.

So far pretty good
By grk on 01/21/08 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a small car. All small cars I test drove were only 128 hp. Upgrade to 140 hp for a marginal price increase and similar gas mileage was the main reason for us to buy this car. Milage was low intially but picked to 33 mpg for half freeway and half within city driving conditions. I wish they had remote trunk popup button on the key.

Good Car, but Pricey
By Micheleathome on 01/18/08 08:09 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Civic EX-L two weeks ago. My previous car was a Maxima so this is very different. The Civic is no longer a cheap car to buy. The final price was over 22K. It is probably worth it though. The coupe is fun to drive and handles the road well. The car gets around 26 miles to the gallon so far in city driving using regular grade gas. Most of the controls are easy to use. The steering wheel is in the way of the tachometer (located on the lower tier of the dashboard). I don't need to see it anyway. The only problems so far are a dashboard rattle and the driver's side door handle keeps loosening. There is also a big blind spot in the coupe.

Expected Better Gas Mileage
By JVM on 01/15/08 13:39 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love the way the car handles. It feels like a sports car. At first glance, I did not like the new dash, however, it really grows on you. The only item I was disappointed in was fuel mileage. I was expecting at least 30 to 31 mpg in city/highway driving, but I am only averaging 27/28 mpg. I do drive for fuel economy; so hopefully when the car is broken in more, the mileage will improve.

First Impressions
By Step on 01/13/08 19:39 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first non-performance driven car and I am impressed with this 1.8L engine.(To give some background, I have had a 305 V8 and turbos on a small V6) It can get the job done. I test drove many other cars in this class and most felt like they would fall apart in 2 years. The Civic feels solid but only time will tell. The only big problem I have with this car is the road noise! I can be aweful at times! Need a premium radio just to drown out the noise! I am looking at options like dynamat and quitcar to help with the noise.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Civic Sedan in WA is:

$134 per month*