Used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 270 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2008 Honda Civic Overall 40+ MPG
By ski777

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Civic or Honda for that matter. This replaces a very dated 93 Ford Probe GT. I bought this car for its reliability, styling (interior/exterior) and HWY MPG. I've had the car for 10 mos now with 8500 miles total and commute about 30 miles to work each way. I do about 95% HWY miles, and I am getting 41-43 MPG!

41-43 MPG overall, styling and reliability.

They could make the access hole between the rear seat and trunk larger to accommodate wider/bigger items. I do have some annoying rattling inside the cabin that needs to be addressed.

Happy with my Civic :)
By Step-Mom

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car to replace my '03 Accord that was totaled in an accident. Was considering a new Accord, but the price of Accords have gone up from when I purchased my '03. And I was looking for a car with better gas mileage than the current Accord. I decided to give the Civic a chance. I'm glad I did! I loved this car from my first test drive. It is surprisingly roomy and has a peppy engine---acceleration is more than adequate. I have only owned this car for 1 month. 3 tanks of gas with gas mileage slowly improving from 28 to 29, to 30. This is with my A/C on ALL the time (in 100+ degrees) and with mixed highway/city driving. I am sure gas mileage will improve.

Paint is a lot better quality than on my '03 Accord, digital odometer, expected re-sale value, (hopefully) Honda reliability like my 2 previous Hondas, gas mileage. The Civic is also more fun to drive than my old Accord, maybe because of its smaller size.

More comfortable seats, should have trunk release on key, don't use the Ivory color for the interior (it gets way too dirty), horn is way too quiet. I'm not crazy about the front end of the Civic. It's too low.

Very Satisfied
By John

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Previously owned a 2001 Civic EX. I liked the car, but it unfortunately got totaled. Walked away without a scratch. Accordingly, I purchased another Civic as a replacement. I liked my 2001 Civic, but I LOVE this one! It is MUCH more refined, drives much better, is quieter, has more room, etc. MUCH better car!

Cool dual layer dash. Navigation system. Radio. Voice Commands. Looks. Gas Millage. Performance. All the bells and whistles! I just LOVE this car! It's amazing and, for the first time in years, it's a fun car to drive!

Front seat is a little uncomfortable. Some of this is probably due to lack of foot room due to clutch, but the seat could definitely use lumbar support. Also, seriously, move the parking brake. It hits my knee uncomfortably.

Great On Gas
By UNC Medic

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got the Civic after several co- workers talked about how much they loved theirs. I went from a crown vic w/p71 package to this and love it. Much better on gas first tank had 39 mpg now after 3 tanks avg 35 mpg all highway @80 mph. It's comfortable considering I am a big guy (6,2) and not exactly small. LOL. The interior is great love the leather seats I bypassed the ex-l w/navi for reg ex-l and not sorry. The ride is fine but loud on certain types of pavement (hwy) anyway. Would highly recommend one. Going one way to work @57 miles its comfortable and dear I say sporty. Head room is great even with the sunroof.

Leather seats, sunroof, stereo, one touch features.

Locking glove box is about it.Other then that its great for the price.

I'm lovin' it
By bonjovess

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have always driven American made cars. I would never give in to the Honda hype. So many people had them. When gas prices went up these recent months I decided it was time to trade my SUV to save gas money. It took me a few weeks to get used to the small size, but now I'm hooked. The first two tanks of gas alone sold me. I am surprised how well my civic handles. I have driven it in pouring rain and not been afraid, the steering is very good. I was shocked how quickly I have gotten used to the smaller size. The only true complaint is that since I am a tall girl (5'8") it is kind of hard to get in and out of. Once I am in though, I'm very comfortable.

The gas mileage is great! I love that I didn't have to give up my leather (with heated seats), since the 2008 now has a leather package. I love the blue backlit instrument panel, radio display, and the placement of the digital speedometer. I also like the warning light for the tire pressure.

The one thing that I have missed with this car is my automatic lights.