2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 23

2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Not sure that this car will last
By Mark on 03/27/08 18:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car replaced a 1993 Subaru Legacy with 175000 miles on it. The Subaru (my third) was reliable and sturdy but the gas mileage wasn't great. The gas mileage on the Honda has been terrific and I like the 5 speed automatic (I spend a lot of time in traffic). However, I'm not impressed with the quality of the interior materials. There is a frequent squeaking noise from the dash/windshield junction, as if the windshield was not set in correctly. The dealer can hear the noise but has been unable to locate the source of the problem. After two months the plastic on the door panels and dash already have permanent scratches despite careful handling. I never had this type of problem with a Subaru.

Civic Duty
By Radar on 03/26/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Leather and Navigation System are great additions. Comfort and ride are smooth and much quieter that the 2001 Honda Civic EX. Extremely pleased with the mileage out of the gate, 29 combined city/highway, 38 highway. Would rate straight 10's across the board but that would be unfair given the car been in the garage less than 30 days. Fun to drive, spouse loves it to. Good balance of features and costs.

First Honda....Not the Last!
By dspears on 03/19/08 17:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just traded a 2006 Jetta Diesel for this beauty. What a great car. I am especially glad now that diesel is over 4.00 here. I saw an earlier post that trashed the transmission....mine is flawless. Smooth shifting...I was really surprised by the low rpms at 62 mph, around 2000. I am 6', and this car is super comfortable. Gas mileage is a little less than the jetta, but it will more that even out with the price difference. Combined first tank mpg was 36. I have a 07 yukon xl, and an 06 2500 chev duramax, this is by far my favorite to drive. Huge trunk, nice stereo, I really love this car.

Simply sweet
By John16 on 03/17/08 18:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 8th Honda, and couldn't be happier. I love everything about this car. Looks, gas mileage, reliability, too much to type. If you're thinking of a car that gives you great gas mileage, fun to drive, reliability, this is a must see.

Pretty Good So Far!
By SChow on 03/16/08 19:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my car a couple weeks so it's hard to comment on things like MPG. Still on the first tank of gas, and I've gotten 170+ miles and the gauge is still a tad bit above 1/2. But everything is great about this car. The interior is so much nicer than the other cars I tested, but I did notice a couple small fit and finish issues, but nothing major. I will have to get used to not being able to see the hood of my car so it'll be a bit of a pain to parallel park for a while here. I'll also have to mention the manual gearbox as it has a pretty short and precise shifting action and feels good. The clutch is pretty user friendly for a newbie like me and overall the car feels pretty sporty.

EXL-Man w/nav
By Arun R on 03/16/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this about car a couple of weeks ago an I just love the fact it gets good gas mileage, but still is nicely appointed. I was looking at other cars like the a used TSX and the new Accord. I opted for this car because of it's great gas mileage and good looks. I have to be honest I live in Chicago and don't drive that much, but when I do I want to know that I'm driving something that gets decent gas mileage. I know I could have probably gotten a used car, but their aren't a lot of used Honda's out there with Nav. I'm very happy that I got this car. The nav has come in handy numerous times. I don't know how I got along without it.

Great, fun car.... with problems.
By Go_Kings on 03/14/08 16:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda Civic LX is a great car. It's fun, flashy, responsive, and great on gas. Love the interior design; the elegant dash, the race inspired steering wheel. The two-tier gauge layout. On top: MPH. Bottom: RPMs and other vitals. They all just come together nicely. The exterior design is great too. Very sporty (I prefer the four door look myself). But wait, there are troubles in paradise. One big problem is the transmission (I agree with the other viewer). It clunks and down shifts gears in an odd way. RECALL! Another problem is the the car's two major blind spots. These are at the driver's 10 and 2 o'clock positions. To make matters worse, the car's horn sounds like a cheap alarm clock.

Amazing
By Bucfan47 on 03/04/08 20:35 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have only 400 miles so far, but can't be any happier. This is my 9th Honda since 1988, and this car is amazing. The style, gas mileage, functionality. I traded a 201 Civic EX with 228,000 miles. What a difference

Wonderful car!
By Charles on 03/02/08 20:55 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have been a loyal Toyota owner since 1996, but I bought my first Honda because of its clever interior and nice exterior design. It is much quieter in the Civic EX cabin than in the Prius or Corolla cabin. I love the split dash display, the extra storage nooks on the dash and center console, the large windshield. The ride is wonderfully smooth and quiet. I also love the speed-sensitive volume control. The small storage spot under the heater control was just perfect for my Sirius radio, and I love the auxiliary input below the 12-volt outlet. My only real disappointment is the low fuel efficiency. With my Tercel, I was getting 42 mpg composite. With the Civic EX, I get only 33 mpg.

MPG happy
By formermarine on 03/02/08 07:58 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car after driving everything under 20K. It was by far the best driving car and priced perfect. My son is 6'2" and we had buy something that would fit him in the backseat. The car turns on a dime, doesn't sway when you get passed by a tractor-trailer on the interstate and has plenty of get up and go!