2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: 2008 Honda Civic EX

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2008 Honda Civic EX
By Monty007 on

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Performance for a 4 cylinder is amazing, hp is designed to kick in at speeds of 30mph or more, great passing power, quiet engine, low torque so acceleration is average. The ex coupe ride is firm, seats are comfortable, they remind me of racing seats that keep you securely in place. Tires are a bit noisy but grip well in dry or wet conditions, avg. grip in snow. Wiper blades are speed sensitive + have a built in rain-x feature that coats your windshield with a rain repellent each time the wipers pass over the windshield. I drive 100% in the city and am getting about 21 mpg, includes warming up my car for 3-5 minutes each morning and accelerating like an old granny.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive! I find myself wanting to go cruising in the car despite high gas prices. Handles like a sports car, planted feel. The engine+ trans. has a unique sound to it, when you accelerate at a low to moderate pace it sounds like the monorail from Disney World. I love that sound! Elegant styling.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality is not up to Honda's usual standards. When temps are cold, the car rattles (primarily from the dashboard). This is unacceptable in a nearly $20k car!