2008 Civic Si
By Indianajim on
2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I have a recently purchased Civic Si Sedan and hav a little over five hundred miles on it. Overall it's a great little car that's practical. It seats my wife and I plus our two small kids well, with room to spare in tthe trunk. I handles great especially with the summer tires. My only couple of beefs with the car is the first 5 minutes of warm up, It wants to buck in first or second gears until it warms up. It just annoying, you would have thought Honda could have reprogrammed the ECM to fix this. I've heard from other message boards this was due to something emissions rated, whatever it is very annoying. My other beef is the auto door locking function.
Favorite Features
High revving motor, can drive like a bat outta hell if you want or you can save gas and drive live a normal civic. I also like the cloth interior. Very supportive seats up front, plenty of space in the back to haul kids to ball games, etc. The best part is that it get close to 30 mpg on the highway.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the ecm so that the rough start disappear. Change the autolock function to unlock the doors if the car is stopped with the brake on so people wouldn't half to shut off the car to get the doors to unlock automatically. I would ditch the daytime running lights &put hID lamps in as well as fog lights