2008 Honda Civic Consumer Review: 2008 Civic EX-L Coupe

2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Review

2008 Civic EX-L Coupe
By Jerry on

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just took delivery of my 2008 Civic on Valentines Day. I have the coupe (EX-L) 5 speed without navigation. Car handles very well and is fun to drive. The clutch and close ratio gearbox are are light and easy to modulate (third gear can be a little tricky til you get used to it). Doors close with a nice solid thunk and overall the car seems well made. The only issue that I have with the car is that the heated seats are not at all what I am used to. Previous car was a 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS.) My Chevy's seats got hot in seconds and stayed that way, the Honda's barely get warm on high - dealer say they are "operating normally". Overall I really like the car.

Like the looks of the coupe, easy to drive and park, stickshift is light with short throws. Paint on the car is perfect! The optional auto dimming mirror is a great thing and is well worth the money.

Better heaters in the seats - see above. Wish XM radio was standard, radio is XM ready but requires a $799 kit (including installation).