2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
6 month update 08 civic lx 2dr coupe
By steve on 04/04/08 10:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car mainly for the good gas mileage and reliability but it has turned into so much more. This car handles like a go-cart, and is very fun to drive. It really is a sports car with great reliability and fuel consumption. The ac blows very cold and the stereo is great. I owned a BMW 3 series car about 5 years ago and this Civic's handling is so much better at half the cost of the BMW...

So far only one issue with my 08 civic
By gemini29nc on 03/20/08 17:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my civic. I have used my heated leather seats many times and they sure do take the chill off on a cold morning. I have been getting 32- 37 MPG with most of my driving being highway. The stereo is awesome and the MP3 hookup is very handy.

Great Car
By Lewis on 03/19/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After 20 years of driving small 4- cylinder pickups, this car is a joy. I wanted to finally get something fun to drive and with the stick shift, this is it. Practical, inexpensive, fuel efficient, great styling and outstanding engineering/manufacturing quality. I found that I disagreed with virtually all the complaints I read in the owner reviews. Of course, my last car (er.. truck) wasn't a Beamer either so I'm easy.

2008 Civic EX-L, Manual w/Nav
By Jim Patnode on 03/13/08 10:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

In all fairness my ride/drive evaluation are being compared to my previous BMW. It will take awhile to adjust. The change was necessary due to gas pricing. Overall I am happy with the car. The styling is very nice along with the interior. The nav system is very easy to operate. The audio system is great. Having problem with adjustable sound (SVS), not a Honda issue...operator error. Aside from the great gas mileage, my 85 mile trek to work is quickly becoming bearable especially when a visiting the gas station...$30 instead of $80.

Beware of the automatic transmission
By cartmaniskool on 02/27/08 21:34 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted to let others know that I love everything about this car except for the automatic transmission. It shifts too harshly while in D. When driving above 25-30 mph and then slowing down or braking under 20 mph, then quickly stepping on the gas, the transmission will jerk or buck forward and you'll hear a very loud clunk sound. It is not a normal jerk at all, it is a very violent jerk and the transmission will clunk. It's pretty bad and I've learned that it's common in all 2008 civics with automatic transmissions. There was a problem with the civic si 3rd gear and there is a problem with the 2008 civic automatic transmission as well. Honda needs to issue a recall ASAP!

Much better looking than the 2001 Civic
By Douglas Clark on 02/27/08 17:03 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Civic. I had sold a 2003 Accord sedan with 26K miles and traded in a 01 Civic with only 47K miles. This is my first stick shift since 1995. The higher windows and hood are a feature I will have to get used to. I make deliveries a several days a week and many stops a day. I will hope it continues to perform as well as it has so far.

2008 Civic EX-L Coupe
By Jerry on 02/22/08 16:59 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just took delivery of my 2008 Civic on Valentines Day. I have the coupe (EX-L) 5 speed without navigation. Car handles very well and is fun to drive. The clutch and close ratio gearbox are are light and easy to modulate (third gear can be a little tricky til you get used to it). Doors close with a nice solid thunk and overall the car seems well made. The only issue that I have with the car is that the heated seats are not at all what I am used to. Previous car was a 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS.) My Chevy's seats got hot in seconds and stayed that way, the Honda's barely get warm on high - dealer say they are "operating normally". Overall I really like the car.

Best Purchase Ever
By Jenna on 02/18/08 22:13 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car was the best investment I have ever made. I am a 19 year old, full time worker and college student, so this was a big choice for me to make, but I'm glad I did. Little bit of a blind spot which I knew about before I made the purchase (it's not that bad). People are so impressed with the interior from the gauges all the way to the space and comfort. I have no regrets. I always look at my car and smile, it really is a perfect car for me.

2008 Honda Civic EX
By Monty007 on 02/01/08 22:55 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Performance for a 4 cylinder is amazing, hp is designed to kick in at speeds of 30mph or more, great passing power, quiet engine, low torque so acceleration is average. The ex coupe ride is firm, seats are comfortable, they remind me of racing seats that keep you securely in place. Tires are a bit noisy but grip well in dry or wet conditions, avg. grip in snow. Wiper blades are speed sensitive + have a built in rain-x feature that coats your windshield with a rain repellent each time the wipers pass over the windshield. I drive 100% in the city and am getting about 21 mpg, includes warming up my car for 3-5 minutes each morning and accelerating like an old granny.

This is a good car
By K on 01/19/08 14:12 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy this car. I have owned the civic ex 2008 for one day. I previously owned a civic but in August of 2006 I purchased a Mazda6. The Mazda was a nice car but It did not provide me a lot of Mpg. and the interior control panel was bland. Consequently, after owning the Mazda6 for 4 months, I decided to trade the car in yesterday for something more gas efficient. I am happy with my purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.