Used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love It
By Scott

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am 6'2 185, fit in the car perfect no problem with leg or head room the seats hug you firmly which is nice. No sliding when turning or leaning. The dash is perfect placement and dims nicely at night when you turn on the lights. Got 45 miles to the gallon highway to Missouri from Connecticut doing 60 with a full trunk back seat and a passenger and is extremely quiet. AC perfect in 90 degree weather and the heat is fantastic now, a very insulated car, is still warm after an hour of sitting. Only complaint is the placement of the hand brake pressing against my knee, other than that the car is perfect..

Bucket style seats hold you nicely, bold display, extremely soft clutch with smooth transmission timing.

Make eBrake padded.

Great Car
By db

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. Not sure why some people aren't getting good fuel economy. My driving is about 2/3 highway and 1/3 city, and my worst tank in 6 months of ownership has been 33.5 mpg. I average 34.5 - 35.0 mpg, with spirited driving. My best tank was 37 mpg while I tried to baby it.

Fuel economy, styling, high revving engine.

Nice car
By Ken

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Auto trans would downshift out of 3rd and 5th gears under light acceleration. Turns out transmission "adapts" to driver and I had babied it during break in period. Reset computer by holding pos and neg cables together for 2 minutes and then reconnect and let car idle for 10 minutes. Then I drove the car with a heavier foot for about 100 miles and now the shift points are much improved. Am a little wary of maintenance minder. There is no set maintenance schedule and the dealer will nickel and dime you at relatively short intervals. Otherwise, fun to drive and looks great at 30 mpg in mostly city driving.

2 tiered dash, better stereo in coupe, telescoping steering, hopeful of Honda reliability.

No courtesy lights for ignition, glove box or vanity mirrors in EX model, pop out covers for fog light installation, less hard plastic in interior.

Beautiful Blue
By mJc

2008 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My 2008 Honda Coupe is a magnificent driving machine. Great gas mileage yet it still provides me with the feeling that I'm driving a sporty car.

Beautiful dark blue exterior, spiffy dashboard features. Especially appreciate the low tire air pressure indicator.

Fantastic Car
By Pete

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I came to the Civic from a '99 Caddy STS. While it isn't as comfortable as the Caddy and lacks the 300hp engine, It still boasts some very impressive features. For instance, I typically get about 30-35 mpg city and about 40-45 mpg highway. The car is very fun to drive (I love the manual transmission). The ride is pretty smooth. I'm a pretty big guy (6'1, 280 lbs) and I fit just fine. There's plenty of legroom (I don't even put the seat all the way back!). However, I wouldn't recommend the coupe to anyone planning to move 4 adults. The back seat is way to small for most adults. My 17 lb dog seems pretty comfortable back there, but I can't imagine any more substantial creature would be.

There's plenty of extra room in the spare tire compartment for jumper cables, etc. Meaning the large trunk is free for whatever I want to put in there! It performs well enough and gets great gas mileage. It's comfortable, even for a larger person.

They should include real-time FE information. I ended up getting a ScanGauge II. The windshield wiper controls are as simple as they come. I wish they had more options.

• SUV