2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews 10

2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Rid of the gas guzzling pickup
By John from El Paso TX on 06/02/08 15:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

OK, I went from a crew cab, fully loaded, Nissan Titan LE pickup to the Civic EX-L -- and I have not had this much fun in a long time. I traded, taking not too bad a loss on the trade, because of the gas prices, and long-term questionable reliability of the Titan. The Civic EX-L Coupe is another story. I am 6'2" tall and weigh 240, yet I can easily get in and drive this little pocket rocket and feel very comfortable doing so. Styling is great, love the leather, and acceleration is whatever you want it to be. Some comments note a blind spot. Can you people not adjust your mirrors? Properly adjusted, you never have to turn your head to change lanes. Buy this car for fun and economy.

Very happy with 08 5 spd. coupe
By arcticracer on 06/01/08 18:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I were very impressed with the awesome styling, high-tech, cool interior, and handling of the Civic Coupe. I was surprised that the dealer was willing to deal on price, so we bought it. $16,936 for the LX coupe. I put a couple hundred miles on it, then topped off the tank for the trip from Anchorage to Fairbanks, 360 miles. Filled the tank again upon arrival, 46.28 MPG!!! Very conservative, economy style driving, not over 60, coasting on hills, etc. The more I drive it the more i like it.

Awesome car, best in its class
By DF on 05/28/08 22:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Switched from a 3 series BMW and loving it. Great handling and performance. Really easy and smooth to drive, great gas mileage. Interior is really practical and has lots of space for gadgets like phones, ipods, glasses. Drove it in a real Chicago blizzard and it handled incredibly well in the snow. Electronics in it like stereo, lights and especially windshield wipers are great. My only complaint is the bumper which gets really nicked up if you parallel park. After 4 months of driving the civic, i don't miss my beamer

Best of the best.
By 70SS502 on 05/28/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have tried hard to find fault with this car and can't. It is very fun to drive and I am getting 30mpg in the city. The two tier instrument panel is awesome. Most people who have looked at it ask if this is a Hybrid, I guess because the dash looks so unique. I have no issues with the "blind" spots others have reported. The cup holders are the best I've ever seen but I will probably not enjoy cleaning them out. The cruise control works very good and the speeds don't waiver up and down hills like others I've had. The steering wheel is simply a work of art and just feels good in your hands. The power steering is perfect too and is easy to park with one hand. Great car with awesome looks!

Great value for your money
By tsheata on 05/27/08 13:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at purchasing the Ford Fusion, Ford Focus, Honda Civic, and Honda Accord. The civic is great to drive around town and fits nicely in spots that larger models cannot fit. The gas mileage is great and it is very responsive and sporty. Furthermore, the resale value is great on these vehicles. Very happy with the civic.

Perfect commuter
By prairie on 05/18/08 09:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I drive about 20k which is mostly commuting and a mix of city and hwy driving. I traded in a Toyota matrix for this car and it's really made the commute much more enjoyable. Although road noise is cited as an issue with this car, I find it far superior to the Toyota in that aspect. Instrumentation very handy and intuitive. It is clean, economical, commuter at a good price. There's plenty of room and it actually feels like a midsize because of the dash and windshield configurations.

Great Commuter Car
By Commuter Car on 05/15/08 12:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Looked at the Corolla S and Mazda 3 before settling on the Civic. Was a toss-up between the Corolla and the Civic but the safety features were slightly better on the Civic. Great little car. Sporty, comfortable, fun to drive, and the mpg is great. My wife drives it as a commuter car and it regularly gets 35+ mpg on the hwy. Overall very pleased so far.

Great Little Car
By 08Badger on 05/13/08 13:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up my Civic EXL Coupe and so far I am a big fan of this little car. There's plenty of power under the hood and handling is tight and responsive. As much as I love this car there are a few places where Honda could improve. Interior plastics are soft and appear to scuff easily and power seats would be a huge improvement.

you really can't go wrong
By Daniel on 05/09/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I knew with a Honda you couldn't go wrong and when I saw this generation Civic's body style, I knew I would eventually own one. I'm glad I waited until 2008 for the leather model as it looks A-mazing in silver w/ black interior. Fun to drive, great looks, Honda reliability...the end.

Fun - Practical - Affordable
By Nando on 05/08/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I started looking for a EX sedan but when I saw the EXL coupe with NAV, I knew this was the fun car for me. I've only had the vehicle for a week and I love it. It drives like a go cart when compared to the F-150 I've driven for the past 11 years. The Civic looks sporty, has 90 percent of the whistles and bells I enjoy in a vehicle and the price is very acceptable. I've owned an Accord and a Pilot but the Civic wins hands down in the fun department. Everyone should get one.