2008 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Best Compromise Car
By sts_pa on 08/02/10 13:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Civic Si Sedan is probably the best combination of sport and practicality available. It combines a race-worthy 2.0L with the best shifter/clutch I've ever used. This car feels more upscale than my 2003 RSX-S was and performs at least as well. I get 27-33 mpg depending on city/hwy mix and am almost always speeding. Nice interior layout and materials.

Love It ^_^
By jdmforever on 04/04/10 21:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is an amazing car. I bought it used, but in great shape. It's got lots of power, especially after 6,000 rpm. =] The interior is great, the seats feel amazing, and the six-speed is wonderful. It has great fuel mileage, considering the type of car it is. This car is surprisingly big on the inside, which is nice. The Si Sedan is the best car out there for the money, and it's a Honda, so it'll run forever!

An Overall Satisfied Customer
By Mike P on 02/05/10 07:36 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First off, I got this car for a STEAL because it was the last '08 the dealer had on the lot. Due to this, I may think that this car is a better value than others that paid sticker. Overall, I like the car. It's fast, handles well, and looks pretty good when tinted. It's also a decent size, reliable, and pretty economical. I drive "spiritedly" often and I still get great gas mileage. The worst was 26mpg (100 mile trip on back roads in Maine = wild ride) and the best has been about 33mpg...I usually average about 29 with 50/50 highway/city. One warning if you get an Si, every punk kid in a Honda/import will want to race you. Just something you have to live with.

Can't beat it for the money
By dancingoutlaw on 01/04/10 15:50 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I owned two Infiniti G35 coupes before I purchased this car (times got tough). I don't think there is a better car out there for the money. I consistently get close to 30 mpg in town and the car handles almost as well as my G35's and that is no joke. The seats are actually more comfortable than the G35's, holding you in place firmly but offering great support during longer trips. I would highly recommend this car. It looks great, it performs great, it's a blast to drive in the curvy, mountain roads near my home, the vtec motor absolutely howls from 5500-8000 rpm, it has plenty of interior room and a huge trunk. You just can't beat it with Honda's reliability to boot.

Very Economic and fun to drive !
By wirito on 12/05/09 08:24 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I simply can't get enough of this car. And it's been already a year and a half. With 30.000 I have not had one single problem. The feel of the car is very comfortable, steering wheel is very easy to turn doing so with just one finger. I average about 50 miles a day and I can honestly say that it is very economic. I like the fact that the car locks itself and alarms after maybe 30 seconds. Note that this only happens if the car if off. If is on, don't worry about leaving it on and going out for a smoke while it warms up. Great car to have if you are looking for a fast, fuel efficiency, not to expensive car !!

Sweet Ride
By Vtecdude21 on 08/25/09 17:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Don't believe those reviews of the car being anything less than great. Honda consistently builds solidly built products. This car really is a joy. I am a college student, so the extra space afforded by the 4 door is helpful, although if anyone is not restricted by space I would recommend the coupe. It is far more attractive and I will most likely go for that when the lease is up. The car is quite low on torque to be honest, but one the cams switch over the car really becomes a beast and the sound is beautiful. If you do not like revving up your engine past 6k then you will never enjoy this car, and you might as well look elsewhere. Great ride, smooth, reliable, decently quick.

Si Sedan
By Jerry Kaczmarek on 06/24/09 17:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fantastic car for the money. It's hard to have more fun for 20k. When driving hard, it just begs you to drive harder and punish it more! DON'T SHIFT!! Keep those RPM's climbin!!! Torque only kicks in after 5000 rpms which is its major and pretty much only flaw. 6spd manual is smooth with short throws and ability to slam gears with ease. Handling is a little snug but I experience a small amount of understeer at higher speeds. Steering firm and precise. Sound system caught me by surprise (standard sub-woofer) is actually good and ipod hook-up makes me forget about the 50lb cd case to lug around.

Bang for the buck!
By Love this Car on 04/07/09 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've been having nothing but fun driving this car. Moved from a civic EX to the Si. No regrets whatsoever...so far. Of course, I'm taking a hit on MPG, but not nearly as bad as I thought. On the road, my scan gauge is averaging 35 mpg each day. That's mostly highway. But is this fun to drive. Makes my daily commute much more enjoyable. Bought it new for $18,129. Excellent price!! And it's great looking. Really happy with the deal.

Best car driven to date
By Johnnie on 02/19/09 12:31 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this car for my wife and haven't stopped driving it. It is definitely a step up from the Ex model civic with lots of extra power. The seats hug your back with comfort while it handles with ease. Feels faster than the Mazda 3 and accelerates harder also. For the price you cant beat it. This car seats my family of 4 comfortably and is excellent on gas. One day I'll let my wife drive it.

Si forever
By Ron on 02/06/09 10:47 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The sound of that v-tec when you hit 6000 rpm, puts a smile on my face every time. This was my first brand new car and I absolutely love it. Would have liked to get the vehicle in white but settled for silver, I still get compliments on its style, people always think its an Acura. Premium fuel only adds about $2-3 per fill up. so stop reading this review and go get one today, they're awesome! Also, go for navigation, mine is std. and I regret not upgrading.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.