2008 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
A Good College Car
By andrew_kaber08 on 01/03/15 13:19 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My 2008 Civic Si Coupe was a great car; but it was just a college car. It was fast, quick on its feet, had an amazing audio system, and popular with the teenage and young-twenties crowd, but it always felt unrefined. The engine provides a surprising bit of power, but only high in the rpm's, and had no down-low power. Driving it in stop-and-go traffic was a chore due to very low torque, but once you got in the 6,000 to 8,000 rpm range, it FLEW. This car is an amazing college vehicle, especially with the standard sunroof and subwoofer, but it's just unrefined. Lots of wind noise, road bumps, and interior quality hiccups (such as a ticking CD-player) prevent it from being a "professional" car.

Wish I still had it.
By m_n on 12/29/12 19:35 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

2nd worst automotive decision I've made was to sell my 2008 Si (worst was buying a 2000 Mercedes E-class for the wife). In 3 years and 75,000 miles of ownership, it was gas, oil, go. That's it. Never once did it darken the dealer service bay for anything. Window sticker says 29mpg highway and that is WAY underrated. I easily got 34-35 with the cruise set on 70, and that was with 10% ethanol fuel. Real gas gave me as high as 37mpg once. With the HFP suspension and Michelin Pilot Sports, this was the best handling car I've ever owned. Other cars may be faster (GTI, WRX, Mazdaspeed 3), but the Si is absolutely THE BEST blend of comfort, performance, reliability and economy.

Great little sporty car
By Monopoly on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great little all around car. So far I've driven 8000 km. What I love most is the engine and super smooth clutch and transmission. The I-vtec is peppy paired with limited slip diff and summer tires. It loves high rpm reminds me of a sport bike. Car handles very well with little body roll. Makes an excellent commuter car if your looking for something more fun to drive than your typical Civic dx/lx/ex etc. It needs 91oct and I've been averaging 28-29 mpg mostly highway driving somewhat aggressive. The car looks great cosmetically in coupe form compared to other cars in its class. But lacks acceleration to keep up with its competition.

Best Compromise Car
By sts_pa on 08/02/10 13:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Civic Si Sedan is probably the best combination of sport and practicality available. It combines a race-worthy 2.0L with the best shifter/clutch I've ever used. This car feels more upscale than my 2003 RSX-S was and performs at least as well. I get 27-33 mpg depending on city/hwy mix and am almost always speeding. Nice interior layout and materials.

Love It ^_^
By jdmforever on 04/04/10 21:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is an amazing car. I bought it used, but in great shape. It's got lots of power, especially after 6,000 rpm. =] The interior is great, the seats feel amazing, and the six-speed is wonderful. It has great fuel mileage, considering the type of car it is. This car is surprisingly big on the inside, which is nice. The Si Sedan is the best car out there for the money, and it's a Honda, so it'll run forever!

An Overall Satisfied Customer
By Mike P on 02/05/10 07:36 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First off, I got this car for a STEAL because it was the last '08 the dealer had on the lot. Due to this, I may think that this car is a better value than others that paid sticker. Overall, I like the car. It's fast, handles well, and looks pretty good when tinted. It's also a decent size, reliable, and pretty economical. I drive "spiritedly" often and I still get great gas mileage. The worst was 26mpg (100 mile trip on back roads in Maine = wild ride) and the best has been about 33mpg...I usually average about 29 with 50/50 highway/city. One warning if you get an Si, every punk kid in a Honda/import will want to race you. Just something you have to live with.

08 Si Sedan
By Vaughn on 01/31/10 10:54 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navigation, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned my 2008 Si Sedan for about 3 months now, bought it used with 25,000 miles on it. It drove exactly the same as the brand new one I drove with 5 miles on it, so I save myself about $7,000. What can I say? It's a great car, I love driving it, the engine sounds awesome when over 6k RPM, and it will take spirited driving with no issues. Did an autocross event last weekend, and that was ridiculously fun. The car gets 28-30mpg, and feels faster than it is. Certainly fast enough for me. I have had no issues with the shifter, the stock stereo is decent, and the car handles great. Looks awesome too : )

Can't beat it for the money
By dancingoutlaw on 01/04/10 15:50 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I owned two Infiniti G35 coupes before I purchased this car (times got tough). I don't think there is a better car out there for the money. I consistently get close to 30 mpg in town and the car handles almost as well as my G35's and that is no joke. The seats are actually more comfortable than the G35's, holding you in place firmly but offering great support during longer trips. I would highly recommend this car. It looks great, it performs great, it's a blast to drive in the curvy, mountain roads near my home, the vtec motor absolutely howls from 5500-8000 rpm, it has plenty of interior room and a huge trunk. You just can't beat it with Honda's reliability to boot.

Incredible Smiles per gallon
By xinuguru on 12/09/09 18:46 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After two years of driving, I compare the Si with few small sports cars. The retail price was tuff but it was cheap club membership. I have driven and ridden wheeled rockets from Kawa H1 to a 500Hp Chevelle 396 and this is the best combination of control and power that I have ever had. Highway driving is so smooth and artificial limits are an issue. The key to satisfaction is keeping the RPM at 4k with the fantastic 6 spd tranny. I regularly get at worst 26MPG and at best 32mpg at 80+ mph. 350 watts of music drowns out the background road noise. The pavement surface has a lot to do with ambient noise level.

Very Economic and fun to drive !
By wirito on 12/05/09 08:24 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I simply can't get enough of this car. And it's been already a year and a half. With 30.000 I have not had one single problem. The feel of the car is very comfortable, steering wheel is very easy to turn doing so with just one finger. I average about 50 miles a day and I can honestly say that it is very economic. I like the fact that the car locks itself and alarms after maybe 30 seconds. Note that this only happens if the car if off. If is on, don't worry about leaving it on and going out for a smoke while it warms up. Great car to have if you are looking for a fast, fuel efficiency, not to expensive car !!