2008 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I'm lovin' it
By bonjovess on 09/14/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have always driven American made cars. I would never give in to the Honda hype. So many people had them. When gas prices went up these recent months I decided it was time to trade my SUV to save gas money. It took me a few weeks to get used to the small size, but now I'm hooked. The first two tanks of gas alone sold me. I am surprised how well my civic handles. I have driven it in pouring rain and not been afraid, the steering is very good. I was shocked how quickly I have gotten used to the smaller size. The only true complaint is that since I am a tall girl (5'8") it is kind of hard to get in and out of. Once I am in though, I'm very comfortable.

BUY ONE
By WashingtonDCDriver on 04/02/08 20:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a Pontiac Formula, Chevy Cavalier, Acura 3.0 CL and now the royal blue Honda Civic! Beats all of the others. I test drove others but was SO impressed with it I had to take it. I got the car out the door for 20k. Although I miss a v6, the engine is peppy. Drove it from DC to SC within the first week! 37 MPG averaging 70+ mph and sunroof/windows open most of the way. Handled great and study. reliability cannot be beat. Get the leather...seat heaters are great and the car comes with a bunch of standard features...stereo isn't bad either. I would highly suggest! Car shifts with ease too...really an all around great car. Actually roomy too...size of older accords.

Good Car, but Pricey
By Micheleathome on 01/18/08 08:09 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Civic EX-L two weeks ago. My previous car was a Maxima so this is very different. The Civic is no longer a cheap car to buy. The final price was over 22K. It is probably worth it though. The coupe is fun to drive and handles the road well. The car gets around 26 miles to the gallon so far in city driving using regular grade gas. Most of the controls are easy to use. The steering wheel is in the way of the tachometer (located on the lower tier of the dashboard). I don't need to see it anyway. The only problems so far are a dashboard rattle and the driver's side door handle keeps loosening. There is also a big blind spot in the coupe.

Reliable Sedan
By Norman Matoza on 12/30/07 08:01 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought recently my 2008 Honda Civic LXi 1.8 just one week. The best qualities that I like on this car is fuel cunsumption, space, comfort, and the power of the engine is like 2.0 liter.

My First Honda
By My first Honda on 12/08/07 22:43 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I can honestly say that I was very unhappy when my fiancee decided he wanted to trade both of our higher end vehicles in on a new Honda Civic. He had owned a 2000 Civic and loved that car. He kept telling me that I would love the new one more every day. I was skeptical, but he was right. I love this car! The interior is much more comfortable than I expected and a lot bigger too. I love the fact that I can hook my iPod right into it. The exterior is just the right amount of sporty for me. I thought the 4 cyclinder engine would be a problem but it has plenty of get up and go and a very quiet and smooth ride. The best thing, the two-tiered dash with the blue lights. I love that!

Great car
By Bob on 11/23/07 16:23 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had the car two weeks and love it!! Fun to drive, peppy, great package for the price, outstanding fuel mileage, avg 30 mpg and the leather interior brings the car up to a new level of luxury.

Fun and Great Value
By Laura on 11/05/07 07:44 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am very particular about cars and this Civic exceeds my expectations. I opted for the EX L with a manual transmission and absolutely love it. Interior is very nice especially compared to the other cars I've owned and the ones I test drove before purchasing this one. Stereo has a nice sound, seats are super comfortable-love the wrap around feature. Easy for me to get in and out of the car. Like the button that remotely pops trunk. Manual transmission is smooth. Steering is nice and easy. Handles corners well. Fold down rear seats are great. For the price, this is an excellent car and value. If you want BMW features then you will have to pay a BMW price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.