Used 2008 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I'm lovin' it
By bonjovess

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have always driven American made cars. I would never give in to the Honda hype. So many people had them. When gas prices went up these recent months I decided it was time to trade my SUV to save gas money. It took me a few weeks to get used to the small size, but now I'm hooked. The first two tanks of gas alone sold me. I am surprised how well my civic handles. I have driven it in pouring rain and not been afraid, the steering is very good. I was shocked how quickly I have gotten used to the smaller size. The only true complaint is that since I am a tall girl (5'8") it is kind of hard to get in and out of. Once I am in though, I'm very comfortable.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage is great! I love that I didn't have to give up my leather (with heated seats), since the 2008 now has a leather package. I love the blue backlit instrument panel, radio display, and the placement of the digital speedometer. I also like the warning light for the tire pressure.

Suggested Improvements

The one thing that I have missed with this car is my automatic lights.

BUY ONE
By WashingtonDCDriver

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a Pontiac Formula, Chevy Cavalier, Acura 3.0 CL and now the royal blue Honda Civic! Beats all of the others. I test drove others but was SO impressed with it I had to take it. I got the car out the door for 20k. Although I miss a v6, the engine is peppy. Drove it from DC to SC within the first week! 37 MPG averaging 70+ mph and sunroof/windows open most of the way. Handled great and study. reliability cannot be beat. Get the leather...seat heaters are great and the car comes with a bunch of standard features...stereo isn't bad either. I would highly suggest! Car shifts with ease too...really an all around great car. Actually roomy too...size of older accords.

Favorite Features

GAS MILEAGE!!! (37 mpg on hwy), steering controls, look of car, handling

Suggested Improvements

350 watt stereo on sedan ex-l, larger engine/more horsepower...

Good Car, but Pricey
By Micheleathome

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Civic EX-L two weeks ago. My previous car was a Maxima so this is very different. The Civic is no longer a cheap car to buy. The final price was over 22K. It is probably worth it though. The coupe is fun to drive and handles the road well. The car gets around 26 miles to the gallon so far in city driving using regular grade gas. Most of the controls are easy to use. The steering wheel is in the way of the tachometer (located on the lower tier of the dashboard). I don't need to see it anyway. The only problems so far are a dashboard rattle and the driver's side door handle keeps loosening. There is also a big blind spot in the coupe.

Favorite Features

1. Very smooth shifting. 2. Good gas mileage in the city. 3. IPOD connection.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the two tier dashboard and the electronic speedometer. The electronic speedometer is very distracting. The driver should be able to see all dashboard indicators clearly.

Reliable Sedan
By Norman Matoza

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought recently my 2008 Honda Civic LXi 1.8 just one week. The best qualities that I like on this car is fuel cunsumption, space, comfort, and the power of the engine is like 2.0 liter.

Suggested Improvements

The ground clearance should be higher.

My First Honda
By My first Honda

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I can honestly say that I was very unhappy when my fiancee decided he wanted to trade both of our higher end vehicles in on a new Honda Civic. He had owned a 2000 Civic and loved that car. He kept telling me that I would love the new one more every day. I was skeptical, but he was right. I love this car! The interior is much more comfortable than I expected and a lot bigger too. I love the fact that I can hook my iPod right into it. The exterior is just the right amount of sporty for me. I thought the 4 cyclinder engine would be a problem but it has plenty of get up and go and a very quiet and smooth ride. The best thing, the two-tiered dash with the blue lights. I love that!

Favorite Features

Two-tiered dash with blue lights, iPod jack, smooth ride, safety rating (I'm a claims adjuster, that's important to me), steering wheel stereo controls, storage everywhere, seats comfortable, gas mileage good

Suggested Improvements

Auto dimming mirrors would be nice, as well as bluetooth capabilities, manual seems to hold RPMs when you shift which is odd