Used 2008 Honda Civic EX-L Coupe Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

One of the best Hondas I've owned
By Wilson Webb

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

If you use 100% Synthetic Oil, this car will love you. At 182k miles, my Mechanic says the engine is good for another 130k miles. Because it has variable valve timing, torque and rapid acceleration is great through all speed ranges, including the 5th gear where acceleration is so good, I don't need to downshift to fly. Handling is superb as I can take curves at amazing speeds without too much lean. All of my Hondas have been good, but this one is the best. I've only encountered 1 repair so far - the Alternator.

08 Civic - Tire Problems
By My Name

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have experienced the tire wear issue that others have. I noticed an increased vibration/road noise around 26000 miles. I took it in to Honda and was told that there was "no known fix" for this issue. Apparently the workaround was to replace the tires and do an alignment. Honda agreed to pay half for the tires, so I went ahead and did it. I don't know if there's something I'm unaware of, so here's hoping that Honda gets things figured out. Aside from the tire wear issue, I don't really have many complaints. Gas mileage is great (around 34-35 mpg). The biggest issue I have is the lack of any lumbar support - after a three hour ride, my back hurts. Overall, the car is fine, not great.

Nimble ride, small (helpful in urban areas), great turning radius. The climate controls are simple to use. Gas mileage has been great so far. I really like the sliding armrest - it's one of those little things that makes a big difference.

It'd be nice to not have a car that eats through tires. Seat comfort is not great (back support could be improved). I would have liked an option for HID headlights.

Love love my car
By rpkb99

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this care and I would most definitely by another Honda. I have a 2 door coupe and have 2 kids they fit in comfortable. I love the options it came with. I really love this car.

The dash, cup holders, sun roof the stereo system..

So far only one issue with my 08 civic
By gemini29nc

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my civic. I have used my heated leather seats many times and they sure do take the chill off on a cold morning. I have been getting 32- 37 MPG with most of my driving being highway. The stereo is awesome and the MP3 hookup is very handy.

Digital speedometer, stereo, leather heated seats, and blue backlighting in the "cockpit"

My tires have shown unusual wear which I have heard is a problem with the civic. Honda thinks they have addressed this issue with the 06 & 07 Civic but it is still happening. I only have 14,000 miles and need new rear tires because of diagonal wear.

2008 Civic EX-L Coupe
By Jerry

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just took delivery of my 2008 Civic on Valentines Day. I have the coupe (EX-L) 5 speed without navigation. Car handles very well and is fun to drive. The clutch and close ratio gearbox are are light and easy to modulate (third gear can be a little tricky til you get used to it). Doors close with a nice solid thunk and overall the car seems well made. The only issue that I have with the car is that the heated seats are not at all what I am used to. Previous car was a 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS.) My Chevy's seats got hot in seconds and stayed that way, the Honda's barely get warm on high - dealer say they are "operating normally". Overall I really like the car.

Like the looks of the coupe, easy to drive and park, stickshift is light with short throws. Paint on the car is perfect! The optional auto dimming mirror is a great thing and is well worth the money.

Better heaters in the seats - see above. Wish XM radio was standard, radio is XM ready but requires a $799 kit (including installation).