Used 2008 Honda Civic LX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Every 2 months!
By Rick

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2008. I had looked at the Toyota Matrix, but preferred the civic styling. For the first 2 months I was dealing with a clunking sound in the front end. After 3 visits to the dealership and a final stay of 3 days it was fixed. The dealership did a fairly major front end rebuild. Starting this past August there was a coil failure not once, but twice. The 2nd time left us stranded. Tonight was another call to Honda roadside assistance. Beautiful, eh. So I bought a HONDA built in Canada at the plant my family and friends work at. This is what I got. Well Merry Christmas!

Favorite Features

Handling is great, when it runs

Suggested Improvements

Improved quality control.

Excellent first car.
By Rob

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my car brand new in July 2008 when gas was about $4.50 a gallon. Two years later and just over 20,000 miles and the car still runs and looks like the day I bought it. This being my first ever car and Honda to boot I have no major complaints whatsoever.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy is great. I get even better mpg than what is advertised on the window sticker. Great build quality, especially the interior and instrument placing. For being a coupe trunk space is very roomy. Especially when the rear seat is folded down. Very well priced at the time of buy as well.

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be a bit more comfy on long treks. Manual Lumbar support would be nice. Car seems to lose a bit of kick when the A/C unit is on. And on my LX model there is only three different wiper blade speeds.

Practical, Safe, would recommend.
By JLK

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new and didn't realize it already had paint chips on the rear bumper but the dealership fixed that. I would not buy the two door again; we have no kids but even getting the dogs in and out and groceries, it's just not convenient. Overall I would buy another one but the 4 door. I did have the manual so it got better mpg avg'd about 35 mostly highway. City driving dropped significantly to 26. VERY SAFE. I was t-boned by a Jeep grand Cherokee who was going 50 mph and came out with just whiplash and and a stitched toe from the clutch. I would definitely recommend to anyone in search of reliability, safety, and gas mileage. Not too fun to drive but practical.

Favorite Features

Digital speedometer, exterior 'look', safety, price, mpg, seats are pretty comfortable!

Suggested Improvements

Interior very plastic-y--better materials especially now that they are more $$. It does kind of make a put put noise too. Paint of better quality.

Good on gas
By Ms.Jones

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Drives well, no serious mechanical issues even though it was a salvage, One issues have been the damage done before I bought it when it was stolen. The rear shock is leaking, thinking about having the gear box looked at changing gears isnt as fluid as when I first bought it.

Favorite Features

Gas and indicator light display. Gas Mileage, Gas tank size, well designed interior, roomy trunk.

Suggested Improvements

I'm short and the seat hit the visor and it broke. It'd be nice if It wouldn't have. It's actually expensive to get fixed at the dealer. Rear shock I've read is an issue for other drivers as well.

Never agian
By Ts

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for 18 months, bought brand new, thought I was buying quality. WRONG. This car has design flaws. Sunvisers bust and fall on your head (replaced 4). A/C doesn't work at stop lights. Engine rattles when you start it in the morning. Car does not start on first try every time(stranded 2x's and now carry jumper cables). Honda cares about my safety so much they will not even look at anything wrong with the car. I am told "unless you can duplicate the problem there isn't one."

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The sunvisor issue is dangerous. And lots of super glue.