Used 2008 Honda Civic EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The Little Car that Could
By queensonia2001

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 civic straight off the lot in 08. I love my little car, yes I do. I just have a couple of complaints. 1: slow acceleration. Super slow.2:visors keep breaking. on their own! 3: loud inside the car. When i'm on my cell people complain of the noise, and I can't use my speaker phone in the car while i'm driving. Other than those things, I love the gas mileage, love the way the gauges look, and love the fact that it has a better resell value than many other cars with the same year/specs.

Favorite Features

gas mileage gauges (looks) resell value

Suggested Improvements

quieter interior make visors better quality improve takeoff

2008 Civic MT problems
By mwitt

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2008 Civic 5 speed manual for over 2 years now. I have 47,000 miles on it. I am very disappointed. First minor problem: One of my rear tires cupped and had to be replaced. OK, maybe not Honda's fault. Next, drivers side window has a problem. Sometimes it goes up and sometimes it doesn't. Now, a big problem. My clutch is not working. Car jerks and vibrates when shifting into 1st and 2nd gear. The dealer said I need a new cluth at cost of $2000. I've had Honda's before and have loved them for their reliability. I don't think I will be buying one again.

tgfh (thank god for hondas!)
By chittowndriver

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I used to have a Honda (94 prelude) best car I ever owned. Until now. After a few so-so cars finally got the Civic. It looks great, handles great, and runs awesome. I drive it a lot. Just took it on a 4000 mile 10 day trip to Florida and not a single problem. In the Miami heat, the a/c blew ice cold. Great gas mileage, and it was comfortable to drive and I'm 6'3" (although the hand brake can get a little uncomfortable) I've had this car for 6 months and put 10k miles on it and its as awesome as when I drove it off the lot. Also the size is perfect for the city. Good cargo space, fun to drive, easy to park, and I always get compliments on it. Honda is as good as ever!

Favorite Features

dash, fun to drive, looks great!

Suggested Improvements

a little more horses, placement of hand brake

My first new honda
By blondelulu

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my honda for 2 years. I enjoy my Honda, love the gas mileage. I have had problems with my car not starting on the first try more than once. Also have had problems with my clutch making popping sounds while driving. Had it fixed and not a week and a half later it started popping again. The paneling in the back window rattles when listening to music. Very cheap plastic. The factory tires that came on the car were bridge-stone, they were horrible. They became lumpy and made the car vibrate going down the road. Other than that i love my car its fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Love the sub woofer, I like the look of the dash and radio, it drives great.

Suggested Improvements

Better factory tires, better plastic in the car, fix whatever is making the car not start well, and figure out why the clutch wants to pop while driving.

Great MPG
By francious

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have almost 40,000 miles on this ride. I sold a Mercedes C car because I drive so many miles and was only getting 26 MPG. I routinely get 38.9 mpg, never going below 36 and attaining 41.6 mpg on one trip. A larger tank would be great as I have to fill up every third day. I have had no problems with the engine, drive train, body, or trim. My only disappointment has been the drivers seat which has a one inch tear along a seam. It is very comfortable on good roads, a little less so on bumpy roads. At less than 20 grand for a fully optioned fuel sipper, it is a better deal than one of the hybrids.

Favorite Features

It looks great and has usable luggage space and easily folded rear seat backs.

Suggested Improvements

Trailer hitches are available but not trailer light kits. Go figure?