Used 2008 Honda Civic DX Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

210,000 miles
By D

2008 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

210,000 miles and still going strong, BUT mileage is down to 39 mpg and I have to keep replacing the rear tires do to a recall of the rear control arms years ago. The Honda tire warranty is horrible. I would not buy another one!!

Happy Owner
By Donna

2008 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am all about economy and reliability. This car has both. I like that it is easy to park. It can gain speed quickly on the interstate. I feel that the car is substantially build. The cloth on the seats has held up very well and looks almost new. I have taken my car to the dealer for all recommended maintenance and have been very satisfied. I feel that my money was well spent when I purchased this vehicle. At 105,00 miles I have only routine maintenance. I have had no mechanical problems. The interior has held up well. I continue to be very satisfied with Civic.

I'm really liking it!
By dm

2008 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good, bought second hand, very zippy, very comfortable seats, huge windshield. Interior plastic gouges/scratches very very easy, didn't like the rims it came with, has a blind spot on either left or right of the windshield, likely do to the thickness of where they put the side airbags. Overall, I really enjoy this car, wish it had another plug in thing for cell phone/gps etc. Fairly noisy from road noise

love the layout of dash, cup holders etc. the seats feel like they're hugging you

more plug-ins, more durable plastic

Awesome
By gapster

2008 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! its my 3rd honda...never owned anything else. The one complaint I have about this car is it is terrible in snow! it seems to slip around a lot. Looking into buying some better tires that what it came with. other than that....I have nothing but great things to say about this car!

Sporty look, but economical on the wallet

Great Commuter Car
By Commuter Car

2008 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Looked at the Corolla S and Mazda 3 before settling on the Civic. Was a toss-up between the Corolla and the Civic but the safety features were slightly better on the Civic. Great little car. Sporty, comfortable, fun to drive, and the mpg is great. My wife drives it as a commuter car and it regularly gets 35+ mpg on the hwy. Overall very pleased so far.

5 spd. manual and the engine. Auxiliary jack for ipod. Seats and layout of the dash. Great resale value. Honda safety and reliability.

Wish the coupe had a hatchback for greater utility instead of a trunk.