2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Why this was my last Honda eve

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Si Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Why this was my last Honda ever
By Kevin on

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Even after Honda issued a TSB for the 3rd gear problem, I couldn't get the infamous 3rd gear TSB done,after writing and talking with HCS on the phone, etc., the service center continued to deny any 3rd gear problem, "even an intermittent one." All HCS offered to do was give a loaner car while I kept my SI at the dealer for a few days in the hope that they would admit to the problem. But they just didn't want to fix it. I traded in the car. I'll never buy another Honda again. This was my fifth. It was in the shop constantly, first for the oil leak, which took months of visits and letters/calls to Honda to get fixed. And I got tired of trying to get the 3rd gear issue fixed. Don't buy one.

When everything was working and after the oil leak was fixed, I thought it was a great car for the money. The engine was a real gem. It was very nice looking, too. Loved the interior and the digital red speedo

3rd gear that works all the time, no oil leaks, service centers that want to fix your car instead of telling you the problems are normal or your fault. Honda has really gone downhill.