View from 10,000 miles
By Saki on
2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
My last car was a Hyundai Accent, so my Civic was quite a step up. I love my car. That said, there have been a few problems. The mileage was initially appalling. Used to getting 42mpg from a car only supposed to get 37, I thought the Civic would at least match it. After starting at 29, it was a slow climb to the lower thirties for 50/50 highway/city driving. I'm currently faring much better - sometimes 40 mpg highway. Mixed driving around 35-37, suburban/highway. Some trouble starting occasionally last winter. Dealer said it was normal for a Civic. The 100,000 mile Hyundai did better, so I found that a bit scary - or flat untrue.
Favorite Features
Great design, inside and out, and very comfortable. Threw out independent back support. Fun. Good visibility. Sticks to the road well and does better than expected in snow. Cruise control's a joy. Feel so much safer in it than past cars!
Suggested Improvements
Increase mileage. Get rid of bloody seat belt beeper, a light will do. Transmission a little funky. I shift to 5th and I'm in 3rd and have to test. Still occassionally stalls in 1st and I've always driven standard.