suspension
By ulmboy on
2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
After 15,000 miles my tires had warn down unevenly. I took into Tracy Dealership to point out hearing noise in back wheel. Told nothing wrong. At 18,000 miles noise worse so took to Stockton Honda and was told back right wheel bearing out. They replaced wrong side. Had to buy new tires. Took back to Tracy Honda and they replaced other back wheel bearing. Car still did not drive smooth. A lot of road noise. Traded in at Tracy Honda and would not give me blue book because wheel bearing problems. Even though I had a warranty for 100,000 miles they would not reimburse for having to buy new tires and did not give me a good trade in value. Will not buy a Honda again. Traded in for a Toyota Van.
Favorite Features
Navigation System, Stereo, seats, gas miledge.
Suggested Improvements
Better suspension system. Road noise drove me crazy. Better repair service.
By insider911
on 01/21/12 06:25 AM (PST)

Sorry to hear about the issues you had. To me, it seems like you've been dealing with a bad dealerships. With the 2007 civic, there was a known issue with the control arms...they were too short by like 1/1000 of an inch...or something similar. I have the same car, had the same problem at 15k. Thought it was a wheel bearing or a tire gone out of balance. Dealer said it was the control arm. Honda had issued a service bulletin on it. They replaced the control arms, and the problem was history. I now have 80k on the car and it's still in like new condition. Good luck with your toyota...I had a 93 paseo. Went through 8 wrecks and 200k mileage. Toyota makes a great car as well.

By chris_m387
on 08/01/13 22:11 PM (PDT)

I had the same problem with my 07 Civic, the tires worn unevenly, then the ride was very harsh took it to dealer and said the struts, control arms, and the wheel bearings were very bad. So I had all that replaced and bought new tires still the ride was harsh and the tires worn unevenly again in less than 15,000 miles I literally bought 4 set of tires in less than 6yrs. So I took a family road trip and out of nowhere the car lost traction and ended up spinning off road in Iowa and the Civic only had 63,000 miles. So I had enough and got an 07 Hyundai Sonata V6 SE.