2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Going green has tradeoffs

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic w/Navi)

Going green has tradeoffs
By Roger A. on

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Do not buy this car if you are wanting a comfortable ride. I'm 6'1 250lbs. It is very hard to get in the driver seat. The steering wheel has to be all the way in the up position and the seat all the way back for me to slide in. The seats are very hard and uncomfortable. The parking brake handle is located where my knee stays on it while driving, this will make your knee start hurting in about 10 - 15 minutes. I had to put a small pillow next to the brake handle to make the pain somewhat tolerable. Road noise is loud, I mean LOUD. The BIGGEST problem I have experienced is the cupping that occurs on the back tires, see below in the suggested improvements.

40-45 average gas mileage, Navigation is great, climate control is great.

Back Tires cupping, Honda issued a re- call on this. The dealer has attempted to fix it twice now. The tires continue to wear and are extremely loud. Honda has purchased me 2 sets of back tires I'm currently on the 3rd set and they are now worn out. 3 sets of tires in 80,000 miles. I now plan to sell it.